[Rumor] Clarkson, Hammond and May to return to a new car show on Netflix

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Clarkson, Hammond, and May are back.

Jeremy Clarkson has confirmed to the Sunday Times that he will return to TV with a new car show

Joining the bombastic Brit on the new show will be his former "Top Gear" co-hosts Richard Hammond and James May.

Although the publication reports that an announcement is expected in a matter of weeks, the exact network on which the show will air has yet to be confirmed,

However, sources told the Daily Mirror's Nigel Pauley that the ex-"Top Gear" trio? along with former showrunner Andy Wilman ? are "very close" to a deal with Netflix.

In recent weeks, the foursome has held meetings with a number of potential suitors including British broadcasters ITV. But it seems that Netflix has come out on top.

This development comes on the heels of the BBC's introduction of radio DJ Chris Evans as "Top Gear's" new front man. As a result, the 23rd season of the "Top Gear" will likely feature a lineup of all-new hosts and be the first to not feature Jeremy Clarkson since 2000.

The American online media streaming service is home to such award winning original programming as "House of Cards" and "Orange is the New Black."

According to the Sunday Times, the new Clarkson-fronted car show will likely debut sometime after next March.

Top Gear's 22nd-season ended abruptly in March after only seven of the nine planned episodes had aired, due to the suspension and subsequent dismissal of Clarkson.

Hammond and May followed Clarkson out the door by voluntarily declining to renew their respective BBC contracts, which expired in April. Wilman ? longtime executive producer and close friend of Clarkson ? also left the BBC in the wake of the hosts' dismissal.

Jeremy Clarkson Top GearYouTube/BBC/Roy Visser

The network's decision to part ways with the polarizing TV personality came after an internal BBC inquiry found Clarkson had punched a "Top Gear" producer when he failed to obtain a hot steak dinner after a long day of filming.

In addition, the fracas with the producer came on the heels of a controversy-filled 2014 for Clarkson ? which saw the TV host mired in scandal stemming from accusations of racist, sexist, and culturally insensitive comments.

Prior to his dismissal, Clarkson had spent nearly three decades with the BBC as a host on "Top Gear" and is credited with being the driving force behind the show's explosive international success.

With more than 350 million weekly viewers, "Top Gear" set the Guinness World record as the most watched factual TV program in the world. In addition to the UK show, the Top Gear brand includes numerous international spinoffs, a live stadium tour, merchandising, a successful magazine, and a website.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jere...ew-car-show-with-former-top-gear-mates-2015-6

jMORcq7.jpg

Hooray! :dance:

For me the best news is that they have Andy Wilman on board too. I can't wait to see what they come up with now that they won't have to keep the BBC happy.

I call BS!!

For crying out freaking loud. Your honor, I submit the following evidence:

A. -- Jeremy Clarkson has confirmed to the Sunday Times that he will return to TV with a new car show

B. -- Although the publication reports that an announcement is expected in a matter of weeks, the exact network on which the show will air has yet to be confirmed,

C. -- However, sources told the Daily Mirror's Nigel Pauley that the ex-"Top Gear" trio? along with former showrunner Andy Wilman ? are "very close" to a deal with Netflix.

WHAT ON EARTH IS "CONFIRMED" ABOUT ANY OF THAT?????????

This is just more UK press drivel and nonsense, with nothing "confirmed" whatsoever.

No offense meant to anyone posting this kind of thing -- but plenty of offense meant towards the UK press that keeps on pushing this kind of garbage out the door on a daily basis.

I call BS!!

For crying out freaking loud. Your honor, I submit the following evidence:

A. -- Jeremy Clarkson has confirmed to the Sunday Times that he will return to TV with a new car show

B. -- Although the publication reports that an announcement is expected in a matter of weeks, the exact network on which the show will air has yet to be confirmed,

C. -- However, sources told the Daily Mirror's Nigel Pauley that the ex-"Top Gear" trio? along with former showrunner Andy Wilman ? are "very close" to a deal with Netflix.

WHAT ON EARTH IS "CONFIRMED" ABOUT ANY OF THAT?????????

This is just more UK press drivel and nonsense, with nothing "confirmed" whatsoever.

No offense meant to anyone posting this kind of thing -- but plenty of offense meant towards the UK press that keeps on pushing this kind of garbage out the door on a daily basis.

Bomb has been defused. Counter Terrorists Win

Yeah, this is jumping the gun. Business Insider is just running with rumors that were posted last week.

Pure rumors, Clarkson only confirmed he will be back with a car show one some network. Zero mentioning of the other two, Netflix etc..

Pure rumors, Clarkson only confirmed he will be back with a car show one some network. Zero mentioning of the other two, Netflix etc..

I agree this is still conjecture at this stage but one thing I think it is safe to say is that where Clarkson goes the other three are very likely to follow.

News about nothing, really. He confirmed that he's doing something new in his farewell column, but that's all we know.

I can't wait to see what they come up with, and how different/same it'll be to Top Gear.

This could be the making of Jeremy's vision of his perfect car show~ (pray)

Last edited:
I deleted a bunch of off-topic posts and handed out a warning. Let's avoid insults and keep the thread on-topic please. :)

Reactions: MWF
I say that they're going to scrap doing a television show, go the route of Buffalo Bill Cody and his Wild West show, and drift off into retirement. Where can we place bets?

I say that they're going to scrap doing a television show, go the route of Buffalo Bill Cody and his Wild West show, and drift off into retirement. Where can we place bets?

Or go on a secret mission to Argentina to rescue the cars they left behind....

Netflix is the obvious choice since it would give them critical freedom that they might not have on say ITV.

But this is all round fantastic news another nail in the coffin of our Bolshevik Broadcasting Company. I'm looking forward to the new show almost as much as I'm looking forward to the politically-correct BBC imitation flopping.

I can't wait to see what they come up with, and how different/same it'll be to Top Gear.

This could be the making of Jeremy's vision of his perfect car show~ (pray)

No expert in UK IP laws, but I assume they cant reuse "the stig" or "star in a reasonable priced car"

I am both worried and exited to see where the new show goes and how far they take jokes.

If only Jeremy and Andy had held on to Top Gear a couple more years...

I don't know. I think this is a great opportunity for the boys to try something new. I hope they take advantage of that.

The Stig hasn't really been the same since Ben Collins left the show anyway, I'm not saying it was terrible but the stig really became more of a cameo than a character on the show and Ben really did put an effort into the performance.
I think what the stig really brought was the power lap times around the end though I did enjoy how James may smuggled him in the back of his car to do his run for him.