[Rumor] It's on ITV??

It's The Mirror. I'd wait until a more reliable source announces it.

WOW. Thanks for sharing!! And wtf happened to Netflix?

Also, I think the article is jumping the gun. As per the article: "After secret talks at the home of ITV programme chief Peter Fincham the deal with Clarkson, Hammond and May ? who have moved to new offices in London?s Marylebone ? is said to be ?close to conclusion?.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what I don't understand is 12 hours ago..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jeremy-clarkson-says-no-television-5958732

Last edited:
It's what I was getting at in the other thread -- the UK press will apparently publish ANYTHING if they think it'll get a page click. And The Mirror very quite likely could be the worst of them all.

That's why I titled the thread "It's on ITV??" instead of "It's on ITV!!"

This form of journalism is absolutely appalling.

Please God say it isn't so... Really, Amazon or Netflix is the obvious choice! They have truly global reach, and can produce commercial-free programming without issue. Plus anyone with an internet connection can watch! I know there's still some nonsense about international viewership, but that would be much simpler with a web-based service, rather than a broadcast-based service. COME ON!!!
(besides, I have both netflix and amazon prime, so this would ideal for me; and that's what really matters)

This article is a bunch on nonsense.

"Clarkson and co-presenters Richard Hammond and James May were said to have ?jumped at the chance? to blow the ginger star?s revamped version of their old show out of the water."

You heard it here first, despite all being friends, the TG3 are going to destroy his new show because he's ginger!

More sensationalist rubbish that attempts to make the TG3 appear like spite, hatefiled idiots. I'm sure Oisin Tymon is just begging to get his "revenge" at Clarkson!

Again this is The Mirror.

The dad-of-two, who has lived apart from wife Frances for three years, was seen listening intently to her in the VIP area at the Sixties legends? concert.

Pretty much sums up the accuracy of that article.

Yeah I spotted that. I think the writer Spoonerised the numbers. I'm sure it's not that long since he separated.

As for the rest I would take it all with a mine full of salt however Netflix producing the show and then selling it to ITV for UK broadcast does make more than a little bit of sense. And if that were the case then pumping it out in TG's traditional slot would be a no brainer. Extract that from the article and yes, the rest is just sensationalist tabloid garbage.

More from the Mirror:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/top-gear-follow-up-jeremy-clarkson-6015274

"ITV won?t be able to screen a Jeremy Clarkson Top Gear follow-up until 2017 because of a legal hitch.

A clause in Clarkson?s BBC contract is stopping him and fellow Top Gear hosts James May and Richard Hammond, from making a rival car show on a UK channel for two years."

They report, we decide (if it's garbage or not)?

More from the Mirror:

"ITV won?t be able to screen a Jeremy Clarkson Top Gear follow-up until 2017 because of a legal hitch.

A clause in Clarkson?s BBC contract is stopping him and fellow Top Gear hosts James May and Richard Hammond, from making a rival car show on a UK channel for two years."

I'd be shocked if they didn't have some kind of non-compete clause. They could always bite the bullet and pay the fines, but in the USA, you could sue for 100% of all profits made (presumably it would be similar in the UK).

Ergo, it is much more likely that Netflix or Amazon will scoop them up.

More from the Mirror:

But if all three are out of contract, how is the contract binding? Surely for such a clause to be still binding the contract would have to still be current?

But if all three are out of contract, how is the contract binding? Surely for such a clause to be still binding the contract would have to still be current?

That question makes me think you're not from this earth.

The contract has a clause that says something like "If, for any reason, the presenters are no longer employed by BBC to present the show "Top Gear" the presenters will not be able to do the same on a competing network in the market for "x" amount of time."

And that will prevent them from doing so. It is a common thing in television and radio. I doubt it will carry over to the internets, but that could also be construed to include some of the cable markets the BBC aired the show on, maybe.

The way I'm reading it is that they're blocked from launching a show on a UK network. Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu are U.S. based, I think, with UK branches (or whatever they're called), so it doesn't seem as though that would be prohibited.

Non-compete clauses are common in the entertainment world. I'm surprised this didn't come up sooner.

It did. It was mentioned weeks ago although at the time it was alleged to be one year not two.

I dont think it's a bad thing for a number of reasons. The BBC gets to take its time with pressure off to ensure TG can relaunch in whatever it will become and then gain its own footing and CHMW get a break and don't have to rush; there were showing signs of fatigue and if they recharge, come back fresh and having had plenty of time to work on new material the results should hopefully be better.

And hopefully we the viewers will all be winners.