Spoilers: Rumor on who is to be new stig

frosty57

Car(s)
Mazda 3, MX5 (06)
In Melbourne Australia we have a radio station call 3AW and every morning they have a section called the Rumor File. This is a segment where people call in with anonaminity to give rumours about current events from all areas of life. It has a very high success rate with rumors being true, e.g. They had the rumor of Top Gear changing TV channels months before anyone else.
This was where the discussions first started from that it was changing channels.
3AW have a very high success rate with their rumors.

On this mornings rumor file a rumor stated that the new Stig would be a PINK Stig and it would a female either Sabina Schmitz or Vicki Butler-Henderson the wife of the producer, or both.

It may only be a rumor but at least it sounds good and I can?t see any reason not to start our own rumor on Final Gear.

Frosty57

Last edited:
VBH wouldn't work because of this and the giggle, too easy for SIARPCs to recognize her. Same issue with Sabine there, SIARPC recognizability due to ze Akzent.

VBH wouldn't work because of this and the giggle, too easy for SIARPCs to recognize her. Same issue with Sabine there, SIARPC recognizability due to ze Akzent.

SIARPC do get to see the Stig, and talk to him how else would they learn to drive from him. I personally think this would be a great change, but its the Top Gear Team who make the desision based on popularity and they are both very popular on Top Gear and Fifthgear. I say bring it on!!!

IMO they're gonna go with Anthony Davidson. It has to be an actual racing driver.

SIARPC do get to see the Stig, and talk to him how else would they learn to drive from him.

According to all I've heard they only get Stiggy visor-down, and they all say they have no idea who he is. Whether that is true for all stars I have no idea, but seeing how many there were with different levels of respect for TG I bet there would have been tons of stories of former SIARPCs talking about the Stig's identity way before this book.

In Melbourne Australia we have a radio station call 3AW and every morning they have a section called the Rumor File.
Those two sound quite unlikely to me to be honest.

I have no way to confirm the reliability of the source, but somebody over at PistonHeads seems to be pretty sure that Niki Faulkner, a Palmer driver and instructor at Bedford, is the new Stig. He claims he was with him as he put on the Stig gear during filming for Clarkson's new DVD.

Apologies for posting this on my first post, I had an account a while back, the username and email I would have used are taken, but I can't request a password.

Some say that having to get a new person to fill the suit will generate new interest in the show, and that Ben Collins has actually done Top Gear a favour. Al I know is I really don't give a toss! :p

I've always figured they use someone different in the stigsuit to do the SIARPC training - because a race driver isn't in the best position to teach, and instructors are substantially cheaper than race drivers. That's not to say it wasn't somebody employed by Collins Motorsport - just probably not Ben Collins.

I've always figured they use someone different in the stigsuit to do the SIARPC training - because a race driver isn't in the best position to teach, and instructors are substantially cheaper than race drivers. That's not to say it wasn't somebody employed by Collins Motorsport - just probably not Ben Collins.

According to his book Ben Collins did virtually all of them. He usually did 2 recce laps, though Tom Cruise did 6. Collins says he spent about an hour and a half with each star.