Rumormill: Front-wheel drive, hybrid Honda S2000 "replacement" coming in 2012

Not surprised, only very disappointed.

Then again, the only reason Honda makes cars is to fund the motorsports and motorcycle divisions, which explains much when applied to this car.

Didn't Honda pull out of F1? Also I gotta say I see very few Honda bikes on the road I do see a shitload of Civics and Accords.

Didn't Honda pull out of F1? Also I gotta say I see very few Honda bikes on the road I do see a shitload of Civics and Accords.

Yeah, but they still run touring cars, and then the Acura LMPs.

Yeah, but they still run touring cars, and then the Acura LMPs.

^This.

Also, Honda is still the largest single motorcycle manufacturer in the world with more sales than the next three companies combined. You see lots of Honda motorcycles in the more temperate parts of the country, where you can actually ride more than three months out of the year. :p

Honda's motorcycles are always interesting and fun to ride. Honda's cars.... are not, generally.

Last edited:
This should've been the outcome of the meeting where this idea was proposed:
34hbf46.gif

Last edited:
If anything, this should be deemed a prelude revival, not an s2000 one. At least the Prelude was fwd to begin with.

^that's demeaning to the prelude

oh and to honda

WTF_Mario.jpg

^This.

Also, Honda is still the largest single motorcycle manufacturer in the world with more sales than the next three companies combined. You see lots of Honda motorcycles in the more temperate parts of the country, where you can actually ride more than three months out of the year. :p

Honda's motorcycles are always interesting and fun to ride. Honda's cars.... are not, generally.

Until a few years ago, Honda had 84% of motorcycle sales in Brazil. Mostly CG125?s. Their dealership network is about 12 times bigger then the second biggest (Yamaha), so we are pretty much Hondaland.

Until a few years ago, Honda had 84% of motorcycle sales in Brazil. Mostly CG125?s. Their dealership network is about 12 times bigger then the second biggest (Yamaha), so we are pretty much Hondaland.

Holly shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Holly shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

And worldwide, close to three out of every four motorcycles sold are either Hondas or built under license from Honda.

And the most numerous motor vehicle on earth isn't the VW Beetle. They only made 21,529,464 of those things. No, the most numerous motor vehicle on the face of the planet is the Honda Super Cub, with Honda shipping number 60,000,000 in May of 2008. And that's just the ones Honda's made, it doesn't include the licensed and unlicensed clones and derivatives.

Sixty. Frigging. Million.

Last edited:
Why no FWD motorcycle from Honda yet?

Oh, wait.. because it's worse than RWD in every quantifiable way! :drums:

Because Honda ships all the idiots off to the car division.
Seriously, most of Honda's cars are only made good enough to sell in the competitive market and that's as far as they go. They really do not go beyond that level.

But the money that generates goes into their R&D, motorcycle/powersports, and racing divisions. And it shows - Hondas bikes may not be as fast as some of their competition, but they're always the most well rounded and most reliable in their class. Plus you know what your Honda motorcycle will be running in 20-30 years, period. They're that good.

Last edited:
I agree about the cars, my mum just traded her 2008 Accord. Compared to the Camry, it's slightly better made and a tiny bit more powerful, but that's not saying much. The Accord has a terrible lack of low-end torque and the 5-speed autobox doesn't exactly help, either.

I've never gotten Honda. Almost everything is front-wheel drive and 4 cyl. I mean it works, and it sells cars. Its just boring though.
Honda's v6's are great either. I remember laughing when, a couple years ago, they had a commercial for one of the Acura's claiming it to be the most powerful Acura ever built at like 290hp.
I can understand not making another NSX (don't agree, but understand). Its a big investment to make an expensive car when the S2000 had similar performance.
They just need to make something interesting, and making the S2000 FWD isn't it. Hybrids aren't it either.
Does anyone else remember when Nissan got rid of all of their sports cars in the US? 300ZX was gone, then the 240SX, then the Sentra SE-R left. Thats when Nissan almost went out of business. You gotta have an exciting car or two to bring people in to buy the boring cars.

I do like the fact that they're going to bring out a successor to the CRX (CR-Z), even if it's going to be a hybrid.

Sorry, but all you FWD-bashing fanboys are clueless. FWD works perfectly fine in many applications. Don't get me wrong, I'm furious about them making the S2000 FWD, but Civics, Minis, Golfs, and many other FWD cars are plenty quick and a lot of fun to drive.