Rumormill: Front-wheel drive, hybrid Honda S2000 "replacement" coming in 2012

Sorry, but all you FWD-bashing fanboys are clueless. FWD works perfectly fine in many applications. Don't get me wrong, I'm furious about them making the S2000 FWD, but Civics, Minis, Golfs, and many other FWD cars are plenty quick and a lot of fun to drive.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to LeVeL again.

New England side streets + snow/ice + rear wheel drive = spinning death.

That said, Honda can just roll over and die now.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to LeVeL again.

That said, Honda can just roll over and die now.

Ever heard of TC, ESP and snow tyres? Yes, FWD is only ever a way to make cars cheaper and worse.

Snow + 1000hp = spinning death.

Does that mean all cars should be built with 60hp? Cause that also works perfectly fine, just like FWD does.

Snow + 1000hp = spinning death.

Does that mean all cars should be built with 60hp? Cause that also works perfectly fine, just like FWD does.
Did I say all cars should be FWD, or just give one reason for FWD to exist?

Did I say all cars should be FWD, or just give one reason for FWD to exist?

Of course fwd has a reason to exist, just like 50hp cars have a reason to exist, and ugly people have a reason to exist.

But despite all that, it's still fail-wheel drive, and 50hp are still epicly slow, and ugly people are still ugly.

Dear Honda

You suck!

That is all

Sorry, but all you FWD-bashing fanboys are clueless. FWD works perfectly fine in many applications. Don't get me wrong, I'm furious about them making the S2000 FWD, but Civics, Minis, Golfs, and many other FWD cars are plenty quick and a lot of fun to drive.
They are, as long as the road conditions are good. As soon as grip is not perfect, they all struggle to get their power down. Hell, even a wet road is enough for that.

This sort of thing is why Mazda is the only Japanese car I'd buy.

Ever heard of TC, ESP and snow tyres? Yes, FWD is only ever a way to make cars cheaper and worse.
:lol: Yes, because electronics are the answer to everything. Any car will be miserable without the right tires in the winter.

Of course fwd has a reason to exist, just like 50hp cars have a reason to exist, and ugly people have a reason to exist.

But despite all that, it's still fail-wheel drive, and 50hp are still epicly slow, and ugly people are still ugly.
That is the worst argument I've ever heard, I think.

I'll tell you what I've said plenty of times on here before. Go to a local autocross, get your ass handed to you by a 20-year-old Civic, and then go cry to your mommy. Tell my friend who beat an Evo and a GTO on a track with his CRX (stock B16 swap), that FWD sucks. And don't give me any awesome driver crap - it was his first time out. Tell everyone who rallies FWD successfully that FWD sucks. Better yet, take a Civic Si, Mini S, or GTI out for a test-drive. Then try a RWD Cadillac Deville and see what's more fun to drive. A torque-steering, rear-wheel-lifting, flickable FWD car is a hell of a lot of fun.

blablablablablabla

Then you tell me why there are no FWD motorcycles.

EDIT: Of course a fucking Mini is a better car than a caddilac deville. But that's not cause it's FWD, that's cause it's built by europeans.

Last edited: