Rumormill: Front-wheel drive, hybrid Honda S2000 "replacement" coming in 2012

Then you tell me why there are no FWD motorcycles.

EDIT: Of course a fucking Mini is a better car than a caddilac deville. But that's not cause it's FWD, that's cause it's built by europeans.
:rofl: I don't think I even need to argue with you here. Sorry, but that post is so full of stupid that it's funny.

They are flaws :blink:. Having a wart on your ass may be character building but its still a wart on your ass.
From a dynamic perspective, oversteer is a flaw as well :p Doesn't mean that it's not fun!

:lol: Yes, because electronics are the answer to everything. Any car will be miserable without the right tires in the winter.

That is the worst argument I've ever heard, I think.

I'll tell you what I've said plenty of times on here before. Go to a local autocross, get your ass handed to you by a 20-year-old Civic, and then go cry to your mommy. Tell my friend who beat an Evo and a GTO on a track with his CRX (stock B16 swap), that FWD sucks. And don't give me any awesome driver crap - it was his first time out. Tell everyone who rallies FWD successfully that FWD sucks. Better yet, take a Civic Si, Mini S, or GTI out for a test-drive. Then try a RWD Cadillac Deville and see what's more fun to drive. A torque-steering, rear-wheel-lifting, flickable FWD car is a hell of a lot of fun.
There is no reason for a sports car to be FWD ever.... Your friends CRX is fast because it weighs about as much as I do with him in it....

See the reason for all the FWD cars you mentioned was that in Europe/Asia it was/is too expensive to buy/insure RWD cars for younger drivers. Also unlike the US having more than one car is somewhat rare. As a result of this cheapish cars had to be introduced that could be used year round and be both fast (somewhat)/fun and practical. AWD adds weight meaning that engine has to be bigger raising insurance. AWD is also more expensive and takes more room so FWD was the perfect solution, small package, doesn't require huge engine, works fine in low grip situations and with some work put into suspension and LSD fun ENOUGH.

That's basically the problem, FWD is the compromise layout therein lies its problem.

As far as rallying goes, there are RWD, AWD and FWD cars running rally cross with varying results but the bottom line is that WRC is AWD only. Remember when the original Quattro was introduced it was so fast that MB ended up pulling the 190E out of the competition.

eat-drink-smiley-5168.gif

:rofl: I don't think I even need to argue with you here. Sorry, but that post is so full of stupid that it's funny.

Your mom is so full of stupid that it's funny.

But seriously, the Mini is better than the Deville because it's a better, lighter, well built car, on a proper chassis. The Deville is a useless American land barge for Floridian pensioners. But even so the M3 is better still than the Mini. And if the Mini were RWD it would be even better.

There is a reason why bicycles and motorcycles are RWD, because it's better.

There's a reason why F1 cars are RWD, because it's better.

There's a reason why the apollo rocket didn't have the jet on the top, because it's better pushing from behind.

Your mom is so full of stupid that it's funny.
Spoken like an intelligent human being :rolleyes:

But seriously, the Mini is better than the Deville because it's a better, lighter, well built car, on a proper chassis. The Deville is a useless American land barge for Floridian pensioners. But even so the M3 is better still than the Mini. And if the Mini were RWD it would be even better.
First of all, define "better". Second of all, your argument that the Mini would be better with RWD is based on absolutely nothing.

There is a reason why bicycles and motorcycles are RWD, because it's better.
Again, this comment is so stupid that I will not dignify it with a response.

There's a reason why F1 cars are RWD, because it's better.
Yes, RWD is better when you're pushing about what, 800hp though the wheels? I admit that FWD has trouble putting down a lot of power. I never claimed that FWD is best in any possible scenario. In fact, I believe I specifically mentioned that in low-to-moderate power applications, FWD is perfectly fine.

There's a reason why the apollo rocket didn't have the jet on the top, because it's better pushing from behind.
That's not true, the Apollo rocket (specifically the Apollo, this doesn't apply to any other "rocket") would have been way faster if the afterburner was in the nose and directed into the cabin. :rolleyes:

Spoken like an intelligent human being :rolleyes:

It was just an equal mental level comment as your "that's so stupid I can't think of an answer" bullshit.

Aww, you've run out of anti-FWD arguments, eh? That's cool, I figured it would happen sooner or later.
I'll just re-state my point and then I'll let you gents make whatever you wish of it: FWD is technically inferious, yes; however, that does not mean that all FWD cars are slow and/or boring. There are plenty of seriously quick and seriously fun cars out there that channel power through the front wheels.

So Honda is coming out with a new S2000 and they're purposely making it technically inferior?

Heh, doesn't surprise me much. The most reliable Honda's, and even Toyota's, were all built 10-20 years ago.

Aww, you've run out of anti-FWD arguments, eh?
Just like you ran out of anti-rwd arguments, so instead you just said "that's so stupid I won't even answer it"??

FWD is technically inferious, yes; however, that does not mean that all FWD cars are slow and/or boring. There are plenty of seriously quick and seriously fun cars out there that channel power through the front wheels.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

FWD is worse than RWD. Certainly it works for certain aspects, and you can have a certain amount of fun in a FWD car (my golf, while a piece of shit, is fwd and fun).

But despite that, it remains technically inferior, and I'd rather have the same car as RWD.

Just like you ran out of anti-rwd arguments, so instead you just said "that's so stupid I won't even answer it"??
I NEVER ARGUED AGAINST REAR WHEEL DRIVE!

That's exactly what I'm saying.

FWD is worse than RWD. Certainly it works for certain aspects, and you can have a certain amount of fun in a FWD car (my golf, while a piece of shit, is fwd and fun).

But despite that, it remains technically inferior, and I'd rather have the same car as RWD.
FWD can be a lot of fun and can get you from point A to point B very quickly, given the correct application. It is ignorant to say that FWD is "fail wheel drive" because then I can make the argument that RWD is "fail wheel drive" as well, since AWD is technically superior. With that said, I'm done here.

FWD can be a lot of fun and can get you from point A to point B very quickly, given the correct application. It is ignorant to say that FWD is "fail wheel drive" because then I can make the argument that RWD is "fail wheel drive" as well, since AWD is technically superior. With that said, I'm done here.

no, you can't because fail doesn't start with an R. anyways, AWD may or may not be better than RWD, but FWD is worse than both.

no, you can't because fail doesn't start with an R. anyways, AWD may or may not be better than RWD, but FWD is worse than both.

I didn't say that "fail" started with an R. But fine, is "retarded wheel drive" better? Just because I think Lambo is better than Ferrari, doesn't mean that Ferrari is stupid/lame/fail/etc. Up to a certain power point, FWD is perfectly competitive with RWD and AWD.

I didn't say that "fail" started with an R. But fine, is "retarded wheel drive" better?
Yes
Just because I think Lambo is better than Ferrari, doesn't mean that Ferrari is stupid/lame/fail/etc.
But they are.
Up to a certain power point, FWD is perfectly competitive with RWD and AWD.
And you can cut soft enough materials with the blunt end of the knife. But the sharp end is still the better end for cutting.

That's it, I've had enough of your ignorant blind fanboii-ism.

This message is hidden because klankymen is on your ignore list. :wave:

Somebody can't handle the truth.... :lol:

This message is hidden because klankymen is on your ignore list. :oops:

And in response to your neg-rep: it's not much of a debate when one party is ignorant, has no valid arguments, and is unwilling to actually ponder the issue being discussed.

Hmmm, didn't somebody claim AGES ago that they were gonna leave this thread? Empty threats...?