Running a dealership - How hard can it be.

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Well, now you can find out.

http://www.fantasyshowroom.com

Fantasy Showroom is the worlds first automotive industry fantasy game. It brings together deep industry knowledge and fanatic enthusiasm for cars for a fun and social game that both educates and inspires people to know more about cars.

The game is patterned after fantasy sports games where players create dream teams of all star athletes and compete on their real-world statistics. With Fantasy Showroom you create a showroom, and choose one 2010 model year car within each of 10 categories, Sedan, Hybrid, Van, Truck, SUV, Luxury, Wagon, Sport, Convertible, Compact/Coupe. Each month those cars are scored based on real-world events like how many units were sold, how many awards were won, how often the car was mentioned in social media, fuel economy and other factors. Each player is ranked based on the number of points racked up by the cars in their showroom. The player with the most overall points wins.

We created Fantasy Showroom here at Jumpstart because we want to better understand how people are engaging with cars. More people are discovering cars in new ways beyond just researching online; they are building relationships with cars through games and communities that have real world impact on their decision making. We would love for this game to expose people to new vehicles that they wouldn't otherwise have considered or seen.

I'm starting up right now. Seems like a pretty fun clever idea.

Edit: found that you can make competition groups. We should make a FinalGear group.

Made a Finalgear group.... Find it in the groups section. Its #145.

Made my picks. Now it's just a matter of hoping they don't score this against something like real world sales or something lame like that.

Intercoursica Automobili: Our lineup is just silly.

I have no idea how it works but I'm playing anyway. :p

What happens to our leftover budget? do we gain interest on it or something? or use it to buy other things?
I'm far too lazy to search myself...

I joined and my showroom is Das Auto. :D

I don't know what to do either. lol

Joined....Team Tecnica :D

I dont get this. what am i supposed to do? buy cars exp and sell it off at a lower price? Like keep making losses? whats up?

Seriously? What is the point? I mean, is this for people who have delusions of slicked back hair, oversized gold rings and loud ties?

Signed up! Looks fun. Gonna have to do some reading/reasearch to see what cars I want to buy though.

It's like Fantasy Football for car geeks. A few minutes each week and you get points.

Okay...I created my showroom...now what? I'm relying a lot on Volvo :)

There don't seem to be a lot of things you can do. How do we earn points?

Last edited:
Okay...I created my showroom...now what? I'm relying a lot on Volvo :)

There don't seem to be a lot of things you can do. How do we earn points?

I thought of Volvo, and then remembered China.

I actually have no idea how this works. Hopefully you interact with it on a daily basis, and not monthly.

I signed up.

Looks like you earn points based on sales numbers? Or are there other factors as well?