Russia and Ukraine

Also don't forget, we don't have much to give - the difference between Russian and German military is that here, nobody tries to convince anyone that our military is functional. But at least agreeing to letting other countries give their Leopards to Ukraine would be good, and it's way past "about time".
German has to finally stop blocking NATO members from sending Leopard 2's.

Other reports say Rheinmetall will not have Leopard's ready till 2024 :wall:

This refers to decommisioned Leopards standing around at the manufacturer and up until now probably waiting to be scrapped, not units in active duty.

That's the frustrating part, no strategy, but would sell to anyone else.

Hope some of the other German manufacturers can do better.

Will be interesting to see what happens at the big meeting in Germany later in the week.

He has apparently applied for asylum in Norway.

I won't be able to comment on what will happen with him here in any detail, as I'm under NDA. However, if he has been stationed in Ukraine, he will likely be excluded from the asylum process as that likely means he has committed war crimes, or crimes against humanity, cf. the Immigration Act section 31. Still, he may not likely be returned to Russia, as his life is likely at risk there cf. the Immigration Act section 73. Also, having had such a short therm with Wagner, something tells me he will only be able to confirm what we already know about the "Wagner group" and their actions in Ukraine, rather than divulge anything new of significance, still, he will make a good witness before the ICC when the war is over and Russians will be tried for war crimes.

A broken clock moment? Or is it that I hate admitting he is right once in a while?

“We, [Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania] foreign ministers, call on Germany to provide Leopard tanks to Ukraine now. This is needed to stop Russian aggression, help Ukraine and restore peace in Europe quickly. Germany, as the leading European power, has special responsibility in this regard.”

So Germany may actually have identified 19 Leopard 2A5's last summer, that are suitable for Ukraine. These are currently used to "represent enemy forces" in the army's combat training center, i.e. they simulate enemy tanks during maneuvers.

Last edited: