Rutledge Wood obtains a VW Bus for his Datsun 521

avanti

Forum Addict
Car(s)
5 cars + 8 motorcycles
Slow news day?

One old slow car for another old slow car, a lateral move, maybe even an upgrade.

bryanbeachboy1970

Car(s)
Dodge Dakota, Chrysler Lebaron convertible
All right, time to man (or woman) up! If you were a TG host making tens of thousands of dollars :D what would you buy?

Me, a Viper. There's a '96 hard top for sale a hundred miles or so from my house for $39,000. If only I had the money. :cry:

Last edited:

rdfox

Car(s)
'98 Buick Century
A first-gen Miata and a new air conditioner for my '98 Century. (Yes, I know, but it's a good car for Michigan winters, and it's an entirely competent highway cruiser for road trips.) Maybe a CRX Si VTEC, too.

And then spend the rest of the money on building my own car, with semi-Morgan looks and fully modern underpinnings and the line-six lump from the 1M.

The Spie

Car(s)
2008 Honda Fit Sport
I'm really damn sad. I actually think about practicality, Midlife Crisis notwithstanding. Therefore, a titsed-out Jaaaaag XJ should cover both bases.

RB60

Car(s)
2002 Explorer, 2007 Mercury Mariner
I think I would spend some money on a well built '66 AC Cobra replica with the 427FE side-oiler (yea, I know, the extra front end weight reduces handling).

TC

aka TomCat
Whew. When I first read the title, I thought it was a Datsun 510 he traded, but after I googled Datsun 521, I can see why. Not a bad trade up.

ElDrew

Car(s)
1965 VW Karmann Ghia, 2006 Cobalt
Aircooled VW vans are the shit. I don't see a problem here.