• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

S Class Merc

Xeon SX

I always see people here writing S63 as the fastest car from S class although in UK I never see S63 for sale anywhere but i see S65. So I suppose its the same car and the question is why call it differently in different countries?

im assuming the s65 is the twin turbo v12 one? if so, i dont think its still on sale but the s63 just came out. this was a complete guess so dont take my word for it

the S63 is gonna be the next gen S55 AMG i believe. It will use a 6.3L V8 instead of the awesome sounding 5.5L V8. the power gain isnt much, but the power is supposed to be more linear than the current one's.

And the S65 AMG is the twin-turbo V12 as patrick said, with the same gonzo engine as in the SL65 and CL65 AMGs.

bartboy9891 said:
the power gain isnt much, but the power is supposed to be more linear than the current one's.
Actually it is a hell of a lot considering how much it already had...it'll now have more than the M5 :mrgreen:
W221_065.jpg

^that thing is HUGE :shock:

and i don't like the looks

Yeh well its an S-Class...it aint gonna get any smaller. And don't worry, thats not actually an S63...its probly an S500 with AMG bodykit. An authentic AMG would have diffrent rims, lower profile and those stunning budges all over.

OK, now I get it. I knew about this new engine but didnt know it was called like this.

Do you think AMG will stick 2 turbos again as upgrade to current S65 engine or was it S600 engine that gets 2 turbos?

I think the S600 is with the NA V12.

The "65" engine was a very limited production run. They just made "extras" of the Maybach engine for use in their own cars. I think that "65" was more for novelty and prestige than just for pure performance.

From what I've seen, the car itself cannot handle the power of the "65" engine. Mercedes needs to upgrade the car itself before they can go about bolting on such powerful engines!

Z Draci said:

The "65" engine was a very limited production run. They just made "extras" of the Maybach engine for use in their own cars. I think that "65" was more for novelty and prestige than just for pure performance.

From what I've seen, the car itself cannot handle the power of the "65" engine. Mercedes needs to upgrade the car itself before they can go about bolting on such powerful engines!

What do u mean cant handle the power? its not supposed to go around the track.

The SL65 Jeremy drove could barely take off from a standstill because the TC had to work to calm down the full power of the engine. I've also heard people on this board say that Mercedes detuned the engine because the drivetrain couldn't handle the power.

I'm just saying that the "65" engine's full potential is lost because other components on the car cannot handle it. The "65" powered cars could have been much more faster if other parts on the car were more stout.

For the track, I'd rather have a 190hp Elise than a 600+hp SL65!

Z Draci said:
The SL65 Jeremy drove could barely take off from a standstill
Don't be fooled!
Jeremy was pressing the brakes while pressing the accelerator, that's why it remained stationary for so long.

Oliver

Ya, Ich moechte ein SL63 AMG in Dunkelblau, bitte! :)

On the TC issue, the ESP on my mom's AMG car will completely shut you down if it thinks you want too much power, it is agrivating! :evil:

VWKafer said:

On the TC issue, the ESP on my mom's AMG car will completely shut you down if it thinks you want too much power, it is agrivating! :evil:

See, its even got a brain .Superb car!

oliB said:
Z Draci said:
The SL65 Jeremy drove could barely take off from a standstill
Don't be fooled!
Jeremy was pressing the brakes while pressing the accelerator, that's why it remained stationary for so long.

Oliver
Yeh I know, why did Jezza do that :? Trying to hard to proove a point. Oh yeh and testing a car with 604BHP isnt done best in the wet :?

Xeon SX said:
VWKafer said:

Oh, yeah, It's splendid, it will shut me down if the tires break loose shifting into second AND THIRD! just all of the sudden, NOTHING for about a second. <_<

VWKafer said:
Xeon SX said:
VWKafer said:

Oh, yeah, It's splendid, it will shut me down if the tires break loose shifting into second AND THIRD! just all of the sudden, NOTHING for about a second. <_<

thats coz Mercs can be driven with 3 wheels only :mrgreen:

Xeon SX said:
I always see people here writing S63 as the fastest car from S class although in UK I never see S63 for sale anywhere but i see S65. So I suppose its the same car and the question is why call it differently in different countries?

patrick10 said:
im assuming the s65 is the twin turbo v12 one? if so, i dont think its still on sale but the s63 just came out. this was a complete guess so dont take my word for it

Z Draci said:

You guys are all such noobs! :p

During the production cycle of the last S-Class (this one) Mercedes changed a lot.

At the beginning the S55 had a naturally aspirated V8 with 360hp and the S600 had a N/A V12 ith 367 hp (this engine had the ability to shut off 6 of it's 12 cylinders to boost fuel economy, subject of this thread). In 2001 they released the limited production S63 AMG. N/A V12 as well and 444hp.

For the guy who said he has never seen the S63 for sale, here's an example:
S63 for sale on mobile.de

Later AMG added a turbocharger to the S55 AMG's V8 and the power went up to 500 hp.
The new twin-turbo V12 (500hp as well), which was first introduced in the Maybach, replaced the old N/A V12 of the S600.

Then AMG fiddled around with the twin-turbo V12, upped the power to 612hp and called it S65.

Oh, and BTW. I'm not even a Mercedes nut. That's general knowledge if you're into cars for more than 3 years or so. ;)

Oliver

:bow: Leave it to a German to clarify info about Mercedes.
I never liked Mercs so never bothered to learn much about them.

Same with automatic gearboxes . . . I still haven't figured out how that works.
There's a torque converter then witchcraft happens and the gear changes automatically! :lol: