S17 start date

PWooster

I'm hearing June 16th on the start of the new season. Anyone else heard anything?

June 16 is a Thursday. It may be the first tape date, though -- meaning a premiere day of June 19.

I suppose that projects me to a somewhat worrysome question; with such a small gap between the last series and this one (if the timing proves to be true), and the presenters' schedule doing TG live / other projects, is the quality of this series going to suffer?

I really hope not >_<

I suppose that projects me to a somewhat worrysome question; with such a small gap between the last series and this one (if the timing proves to be true), and the presenters' schedule doing TG live / other projects, is the quality of this series going to suffer?

I really hope not >_<

You got a point, hopefully the quality isn't going to suffer and they will get good material for the upcoming series. Quality is more important than quantity.

Maybe they'll do more road tests and less big challenges if that's the case (not that they aren't entertaining) .

You got a point, hopefully the quality isn't going to suffer and they will get good material for the upcoming series. Quality is more important than quantity.

Remember, the last time they tried to pull this off, we had Series 14

Remember, the last time they tried to pull this off, we had Series 14

So what's wrong with S14? I had on 14x1 on while I was getting ready for work just this morning and I kept thinking "Man I forgot how good this episode is." Mind you S14 gave us Geoff, but if you watch it again, you'll see it isn't nearly as bad as most make it out to be. Not a top ten episode mid you, but not nearly as bad as some would lead you to believe.

Thursday would be an odd taping day, usually it's Wednesday.
They better not change the filming dates to a Thursday! Would completely bugger up my life that would!

So what's wrong with S14?

Please don't get me started. I can only tell you 14x2 is the only piece of recorded stuff that has made me feel physical pain.

On the back of a truck, it'd be pretty quick

Better yet, I could jump ship in the middle of the night, grab a cab back to the hire car, drive to the studio, watch the filming, drive back to the boat (assuming they would have not gone on without me and would be tearfully dragging to canal for my body, but that scenario has somewhat low odds), sneak aboard and fein sleep, only to awaken refreshed and wondering what all the comotion is about. Only snag in the plan is securing tickets, but I have two months to befriend he-he, so no problem there.

Thursday would be an odd taping day, usually it's Wednesday.

There was a S15 episode that taped on a Thursday instead of a Wednesday for whatever reason (probably to accomodate that week's guest?). So I wouldn't put it past them.

I see a re-run of Series 15 starting on BBC2 12th June 7.00pm (says 1/6) - that would infer a new series earliest start date would be 24th July