• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

S2 Fuel/Pit talk.

Jostyrostelli

Forum Addict
Okey get this straight.

GT:
0.03L is good for 1 lap and you'll run out of fuel on the long straight at the 100-sign in the second lap.

GTi:
0.03L s good for 1 lap and you'll run out of fuel at the beginning of the long straight in the second lap.

GT-T:
0.03L s good for 1 lap and you'll run out of fuel at the beginning of the chicane in the second lap.

Use this thread to discuss other S2 stuff, the Progress of S2 thread needs to be only for progress :)

To pit enter the leftmost lane and stop! no need to go into the garage or do other unnecessery and compliacated maneuvers. They'll refuel you with the amount you have set in before the race next to the bar where you adjust the actual starting fuel load. So pit in the leftmost lane, you'll get refuelled and you'll get your damage repaired. Leave the pit once you read ...[finished]... :)

Do not exceed 80km/h or you get a penalty. Do not even try to get close to 80 in the pit, cos the game already goes nutts when you reach 78-79. So keep it at 75-76km/h and you're safe.

Tyres properly heat up after 5 laps or so. Amount of fuel (weight of it) doesn't seem to affect lap times much. So there isn't really a point refilling on 10lap race. Maybe with FWD GTI there is a point, but not with GT. We need some statistics about tyre wear, because that's the most important thing here, not the weight of fuel. This is probably already discussed at rscnet, I haven't checked it out yet though...

no need to go into the garage or do other unnecessery and compliacated maneuvers
That's what I did for first 2 races, until I saw how Josty does it :lol:

We did a simple drag race with mancs. Deafault setup, he with a nearly empty tank me loaded like a camel. We started after the shickane and by the end of the straight he was lightyears away from me. But you are right that in a 10lap race it doesnt matter that much since the fuel load is minimal.

The tires heat up, you can see that in the "inner circle" when you press F9. What is also important is the wear, thats the small thin line around the tires in the same diagram. Get that above green and you are gone... :cry:

How do you guys get the tires up to temp?
Even after 10 laps I never get up to 60?... It stays at 55 for the left ones and 50 for the right ones...

Buba

I always do some drifts in the corner and heat up the tyres a couple of degrees. A big burnout at the start helps too.

Buba said:
How do you guys get the tires up to temp?
Even after 10 laps I never get up to 60?... It stays at 55 for the left ones and 50 for the right ones...

Buba

If you watch the replays, you can see my driving style: im always sideways a bit, thats the fastest. Thats why my tires are gone in the 5th lap. It is realy flustrating that I drift a lap with turbo, and my tires are gone. If there will be no drift tires in S2 Im gonna be real angry :twisted:

I have never got my tire temperature over 60 while normal driving... I usually take it easy on the tires and try no to lock up or slide in 10lap races

thats how GTi drivers drive, I see smoke coming out the tires in every corner....and then after a few laps of tailing them and giving pressure, they fuck up or just go to the pits to get a new set of tires :lol:

I you are driving on the limits the tires heat up real fast, lets dont mention drifting with Turbo :censored:

I just did a few laps in the GT Turbo and had no problem heating up the right front tyre. By the time the front left was nearing 60 the front right was already at 70! Strangely enough, the rears didn't heat up nearly as fast as the fronts, even though I was doing plenty of countersteering. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I changed my Style a bit... Back to low 1:37s Front tires at 60 rear at 55-50

Weird...

Buba

With the gt?? Wow :shock:

^^ meaning me? 1:37 isn't really impressive, is it? World record is 2,5 sec faster ;-)

I'm still lacking 0,5 sec to my S1 time... But then I didn't drive since I got GT4.

Buba

//edit: Yep, the GT NON turbo

I'm still at 1:39.12. The only setup I have is the one mancs gave me, and it feels a bit understeery. I should research on a subject a bit :)

Buba what is your fastest laptime in S2? I have some problems going as fast as S1, my fastest was 1.38 yesterday with Mancs, Pdanev and GTi.

This car is skidding too much in S2.

my fastest in S2 is 1:38.4, but that was when my tires were perfect and I didn't have much fuel left... not to mention the guy tailing the shit out of me and putting so much pressure the entire lap... MXM, setups really make a big difference, you should spend some time trying to play with them, I used the same settings as S1 and tweaked it slightly for S2 and I went down from 1:41 to 1:39... btw is it quicker to take out throttle cut in upshift?... it just sounds funny for me when I take it off