S2000 vs RX8 vs 350Z

S2000 vs RX8 vs 350Z

• Total voters
That V6 is gutless cos it doesnt like being revved, the car itself is heavy, the engine is heavy. And it's the updated engine that produced 287bhp (I think), the Gen 1 350Z's 3.5litre V6 produced less than that IIRC.

I

First gen produce 287 hp, 2005 anniversary editions and 2006 models produce 300 hp, and the 2007 + produce 306 hp.

I picked the s2000, but at 6'1 I don't fit too well into it ;)

350Z because it's the most "meaty" and it will make mince meat out of the S2000 and RX-8 (probably not on a really twisty track, though).

say what?

I love the whine. It sounds so different.

350Z because it's the most "meaty" and it will make mince meat out of the S2000 and RX-8 (probably not on a really twisty track, though).

Via fastestlaps @ Oschersleben

350Z: 1:53.18
S2K: 1:56.11
RX8: 156.14

Last edited:
The 350z is strange in the fact that the engine doesn't rev high enough to be satisfying in that respect, and it doesn't make enough torque to be fun to lug around in low gears, so I would rather have the other two screamers. The looks are questionable too. Its just odd looking to me. Fantastic interior design though. I was very disappointed by this when I drove one.

S2000 would be fun but I think I would get tired of having a roadster. Interior is very spartan and claustrophobic to me.

RX8 will be getting a new 270-300hp engine in the coming years, with considerably more torque, better fuel efficiency, less emissions and I imagine it will be lighter as its made out of strictly aluminum. RX8 has a very nicely detailed and well built interior. 4 full sized seats are nice too. I also believe that the RX8 has one numerous handling awards, its chassis is just very good...just needs more power! My 25 year old, basically stock RX7 can take down a 4 port RX8. Ironically enough, the RX8's reliability issues were seen by people who never actually drove the car hard. The oiling system on the pre-fixed engines didn't work properly at low speeds and in traffic. All of these problems have been fixed and the Renesis is a wonderful engine. And to the people saying it doesn't sound good....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LawoxW5ZJK8&feature=related&pos=0

Last edited:
Yep, that's the problem I have with the renesis, not enough power. Compared with previous Wankels it isn't that great. The 16x however looks like it will be grand.

And to the people saying it doesn't sound good....

Sure all of these cars can be made sound a lot better, go a lot faster etc but since were comparing cars I thought we were comparing stock cars and not "if you slapped on a turbo and..." cars. Sounds a bit like a vacuum cleaner in stock form. Sure it's an easy fix with a little money but still.

Sure all of these cars can be made sound a lot better, go a lot faster etc but since were comparing cars I thought we were comparing stock cars and not "if you slapped on a turbo and..." cars. Sounds a bit like a vacuum cleaner in stock form. Sure it's an easy fix with a little money but still.

The other two cars don't sound that great either.

Its a catback dude...:lol:

S2000 for quick, fast jaunts in my area. If my are had you know, hills and roads that curved.

RX8 for day trips.

350Z for interstate touring.

350z. maybe not as fun to drive as the other two but the s2k & rx8 are torqueless cars.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN0zPxH6-i4[/youtube]

It's no Ferrari, but at least it's not a Honda :p

I've never driven an RX8 so I can't say anthing about handling/power/etc. I never really liked how it looked though. Practicality? I'm a single guy, screw practicality. Rotary? Bah, sorry, don't care.

The S2000 on the other hand I did get to drive around a bit as my friend has one, and, while it's a fun car it made me feel a bit claustrophobic as I'm 6' even. Loved the sharp go-kart-like handling as well. I do enjoy listening to music while driving however and unfortunately the stock S2000 sound system was a joke--Honda should have just not put one in at all.

I'm gonna have to go with the 350Z on this one. I've driven my bro's 350Z on multiple occasions and it's just the best all around car here. It's good looking (in my opinion anyway), relatively comfortable, has a nice interior, excellent Bose sound system, and it's rather quick too. Sure, I think it could have benefited from being lighter than it was but the handling still managed to feel good, it certainly didn't feel like a boat as one might think when looking at the weight figures.

I would probably take the 370Z over all three of these cars however... ;)

Last edited:
The Mazda; dont actually like the Nissan and not the S2000's biggest fan either.

Well the 350 is out, that part is easy.

I really like the feel of the rx-8. It's more utilitarian plus fun to drive, but I'm taking the S2000 'cause the top goes down.

As big of a Mazda fan as I am, I would say S2000.
I think it looks great, has a great engine, and is very nicely balanced. Honda has since forgotten how to build cars like that though - they're turning Toyota.
The RX-8 is just too full of compromises and caveats. The 350Z is a pig.

Honda has since forgotten how to build cars like that though - they're turning Toyota.
I agree... it seems Honda is slowly axing all the cool fun cars, like Toyota did. It's turning into a "boring" car company filled with a no-fun-or-excitement line of cars. At least Nissan is still trying, with it's 370Z and GTR.

S2000. Because I just bought one.

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    643.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 8.jpg