S2000 vs RX8 vs 350Z

S2000 vs RX8 vs 350Z

• Total voters
Congrats, it looks like its brand new.

Thanks man. It was actually filthy from sitting in the dealer lot for six months when I got it. I detailed it inside and out over the course of about 8 hours--washed, clayed (two passes on horizontal surfaces), waxed, QD'd, etc.

Here's two shots before and two after. Soon I'll drive somewhere and do a proper photoshoot.

Attachments

• 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    501.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    528.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 3b.jpg
    3b.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 90
S2000. Because I just bought one.

oi you bastard! you've just bought my dream car :p :cool:

Congrats, may you have a wonderful and trouble free ownership experience.

AP2 I presume, 2.2 litre, no? It looks really neat, hopefully the interior looks just as good as the exterior.

I'm still thinking of replacing my BMW 130i for a mint 07~08 F20C S2000. Personally, I prefer the F20C over the F22C1, since I love high revving engines with a peaky powerband.

In fact, I'm gonna do that next week when I get back to Durban. I'll look for a newish second hand S2000. It's been way too long, I need that car in my life.

Last edited:
S2000 for me, its one of the few Hondas I actually would like to buy considering how few RWD cars Honda has ever made. Everything I read about it sounds great, I like the way it looks and the digital dashboard just added to its appeal for me(I don't like analog dashes, since I have a great digital one). I wouldn't mind the RX-8 but I just think the S2000 is more appealing in every way aside from the suicide doors which I thought was neat. The 350Z...its the only one I don't really want, it somehow still doesn't appeal to me and I'd prefer the older 300ZX instead.

I am thinking about buying a car soon, and i am thinking about the 350z, 1st I have to find time to testdrive the cars though. I picked the 350z cus it was the fastest, but maybe i'd enjoy driving the rx8 or s2000 better. the only Mazda I've ever driven was a protoge, and I liked the interior of that car. :p it was bright blue and had a spoiler.

From what I gather, the Honda and the Mazda have better feel/feedback than the 350Z. However, neither of the two has much torque, something the Z has plenty of. I like the looks of all three, inside and out; I don't care much about practicality. Z motor in the RX8, with the whole package weighing as much as an S2000, would be killer for me. So basically either a striped 350Z or RX8/S2k with FI :D

From what I gather, the Honda and the Mazda have better feel/feedback than the 350Z. However, neither of the two has much torque, something the Z has plenty of. I like the looks of all three, inside and out; I don't care much about practicality. Z motor in the RX8, with the whole package weighing as much as an S2000, would be killer for me. So basically either a striped 350Z or RX8/S2k with FI :D

The VQ35 doesn't have enough low end torque to really make it a muscle car engine though, its just mildly better than the other two. The 350z I drove seemed liked it was all about mid-range power...which is really boring.

What I'm basically trying to say is don't buy the 350z because you want a torque machine, because a GTO or Challenger, or Camaro, or Mustang would be waaay better.

The VQ35 doesn't have enough low end torque to really make it a muscle car engine though, its just mildly better than the other two. The 350z I drove seemed liked it was all about mid-range power...which is really boring.

yup +1 , the engine is not particularly torquey, it doesn't like to rev. The car itself is heavy and the V6 definetely isn't helping it. Like I said, the engine is suited in a luxury Japanese sedan rather than a sports car.

The engine really needs a pair of snails.

.AP2 I presume, 2.2 litre, no? It looks really neat, hopefully the interior looks just as good as the exterior.

I'm still thinking of replacing my BMW 130i for a mint 07~08 F20C S2000. Personally, I prefer the F20C over the F22C1, since I love high revving engines with a peaky powerband.

In fact, I'm gonna do that next week when I get back to Durban. I'll look for a newish second hand S2000. It's been way too long, I need that car in my life.

Yep, 2.2l with 8k redline. The AP1s with the 2.0l rev to 9k. The S2k makes its power up high, so if you enjoy winding out the gears, you'll have a lot of fun in this car. Feels like a big go-kart.

Yep, 2.2l with 8k redline. The AP1s with the 2.0l rev to 9k. The S2k makes its power up high, so if you enjoy winding out the gears, you'll have a lot of fun in this car. Feels like a big go-kart.

Yeah. That was the whole reason why I want an S2000 so badly, I was totally speechless after the test drive. It's not so much of a car, more like a fucking superbike on four wheels!! :cool: :D

And btw, we don't get the F22C1 in SA, everything else gets upgraded besides the engine. But hey, I'm not complaining, since I prefer the F20C :mrgreen:

I can't fit in an S2000.
The 350Z was terrible to drive and had the steering of a dump truck.
RX8, might be low on torque, but it's comfortable fun and stylish.

And what, might I ask, is funny about that? I'm 6'4" with long legs, when I sit in the S2000 I can hardly close the door because it smashes my knee into the steering wheel - and there's no where else to put it.

I guess I won't fit in a S2000 either. (Also 6'4" with long legs)

Glad I voted for the RX8.

I got to sit in a few S2000's. Busted my knee on the steering wheel getting in, but was fairly comfortable once seated. It's definitely not a luxury car.

350Z. I've seen a 1k-hp VQ35, I don't think we'll ever see a 1k-hp rotary, and MAYBE on the Honda...but it's a Honda, so it's not likely. :D

350Z. I've seen a 1k-hp VQ35, I don't think we'll ever see a 1k-hp rotary, and MAYBE on the Honda...but it's a Honda, so it's not likely. :D

You can slap a turbo on anything and get it to 1000 hp. Come back after Datsun has won Le Mans with their v6.

I don't think we'll ever see a 1k-hp rotary

LOL you're wrong.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggO1SFIRul8[/YOUTUBE]

That makes 830 horsepower to the rear wheels.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs1v1wURODk[/YOUTUBE]

You can't run a 6 second pass without making a minimum of 1000hp. ;)

Do I smell an all-hondas-are-ricers douschebag? Also, who the hell cares about those power numbers? If that's what was being discussed, the thread would be about vipers and corvettes!

And what, might I ask, is funny about that? I'm 6'4" with long legs, when I sit in the S2000 I can hardly close the door because it smashes my knee into the steering wheel - and there's no where else to put it.
Sorry. My bad, thought you meant that you are too fat to fit in the car, cos i find that the s2000 is quite a spacious sports car. Well, i guess if you are 6'4 then you will have a problem finding a some-what compact sports car that will accommodate you nicely.

I'd also opt for the S2000 (...and almost did), as it suits my driving style better than the others. That said, it's hard to ignore the handling of the RX8 (which is starting to dominate trackdays even ahead of Miatas now), and the power/handling of the Z (which in Tiff Needells own words is worthy to compete with a Porsche 996).