S2000 vs RX8 vs 350Z

S2000 vs RX8 vs 350Z

• Total voters
My buddy is 6'7" and fits in the S2000 :dunno: He fits into an early Miata too, although that gets pretty uncomfortable :lol:

My fitting problem is that the B-pillar blocks stop lights and I have to crouch to see them. And if I sat up straight in the S2000, my head brushed the roof.

I would love to have an S2000 hard top conversion though. Even though it kind of makes it look like the Z, hehe.

l_14386577e6acd145de592623035ace99.jpg

That's a Spoon hardtop. Attached is an OEM.

Mugen also makes one, but the OEM has the best fitment.

Attachments

• s2000002.jpg
    s2000002.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 67
I really like the spoon one as you called it. And the Mugen top looks pretty good, too. Very muscular, but almost Porsche appearance.

Do you have any idea how much that Spoon hardtop costs? it's approx 4200 USD. and to me it also seems that you would lose the little practicality offered by the trunk if you use that..

Last edited:
Do you have any idea how much that Spoon hardtop costs? it's approx 4200 USD. and to me it also seems that you would lose the little practicality offered by the trunk if you use that..

It also looks fucken shit.

I respect the S2000 but it's not my cup of tea. It's been around too long, I think it looks a bit plain and I don't like the interior. I also don't like the stupid digital dash readout.

I don't respect the Nissan 350Z.

I like the RX8. I like the engine, I like the technology and I like the way it looks. From what I've read it sounds like it handles well, too.

On the subject of having to warm it up and check the oil; You're supposed to do that with all cars... It doesn't matter that you might have to do it to a slightly greater degree with an RX8. Also, I like checking my fluids and waiting for the car to warm up.
It's like foreplay... You don't just stick it in there. That's what 18 year old boys do.:rolleyes:

surprised the votes aren't 100% for the S2000...

The 350z is a pig...there are no two ways about it.

The RX8 is ok looking and is more practical but really... the gas mileage is just atrocious and the performance numbers really aren't anything to be excited about.

The S2k is light, has plenty of power to give you oh shit moments...ESPECIALLY if you don't know how to drive it and are mid corner (mainly 03 models and older), has an AMAZING feel from the wheel to the front tires, and as a motorcycle rider...the closest I've felt to riding a bike while driving a car. It's just the superior automobile and the most PURE sports car of the three.

Last edited:
350Z, easy, I like more torque