S2000upra... *yummy*

djdorifto

Car(s)
Honda S2000
DSC007312.jpg

Video:
http://www.stwok.com/TurboS2k.wmv

so yeah, I was talking with the guy on s2ki and here are a few things on the swap...

Steering Rack was moved 6-7 inches
Front reinforcement beam was removed
the whole drivetrain is that Nissan conversion stuff
No firewall cutting

As of right now, they will do the whole package, everything everything big single turbo, tune, everything for $16k... If you give them your engine and tranny (F20C) then they'll do it for $12k...

That is insanely cheap. Because with just with engine build up (to lets say 500+ hp) is like 5 grand, then 5-6k on a turbo kit (i'd go with full-race), tune and computer $2,500, nissan drivetrain conversion $3k. And lets go with a grand with misc stuff... thats $17500. Also my S2000 at that point won't be my daily driver anymore... well not as much.

He also said that price will drop if your doing less hp than what they are offering. which is for 900+whp

I'll hopefully be doing this swap next year or if I get more info and some convencing I'd just go turbo or SC with the F20.

craigblock

Not sure why they went with an iron inline-6 that will definitely change the weight distribution for the worse. There's a reason that all aluminum V8s are the new standard. They can sit way back, have a low C of G, and a similar if not lighter overall mass, and kick out just as much power as a boosted six anyways (although maybe not 900hp).

Last edited:

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
they're just interested in power

who wants 900hp in an S2000 anyways?

stupid

klutch

Courteous urinator
Car(s)
Do it for me.
Mmmm...finally a Honda you can justifiably put Nismo and TRD stickers on.

Svempa

Car(s)
Lancia Delta HF Integrale 16v
"Front reinforcement beam was removed" Is that really that clever. And that big engine up front...won't that mess up the superb handling of car.

BerserkerCatSplat

Hormone Induced
Car(s)
The Jeep of Theseus, Angry Wagon
"Front reinforcement beam was removed" Is that really that clever. And that big engine up front...won't that mess up the superb handling of car.

I can pretty much garuntee the S2000's nice handling is now supremely fucked. I bet it understeers like a drunken camel.

bartboy9891

I'm not Moe
I can pretty much garuntee the S2000's nice handling is now supremely fucked. I bet it understeers like a drunken camel.
but then oversteers like a nuclear greyhound

not that i know what im talking about, but doesnt the engine bay look cramped as hell?

fbc

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
2006 MY07 Astra SRi Turbo

they're just interested in power

who wants 900hp in an S2000 anyways?

stupid

You all beat me to it - sums up my thoughts nicely.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Sweet in theory, crappy in practice.

BerserkerCatSplat

Hormone Induced
Car(s)
The Jeep of Theseus, Angry Wagon
I'll hopefully be doing this swap next year or if I get more info and some convencing I'd just go turbo or SC with the F20.

Oh, to be a bit more specific -

For the love of handling, don't. That big, heavy engine was put in big, heavy Supras for a reason. Your car was never designed for that kind of weight up front.

geeman

suomiface
Car(s)
Toyota Corolla,Chevrolet Corvette,Alfa Romeo Mito
I guess that's just great if you only want to go fast in a straight line :dunno:

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
Wow, perfect for forum racing and looking good in specs sheets.
No, thank you.

MrChips

Car(s)
2002 BMW 330Ci, 1973 BMW 2002tii (in pieces)
I bet it understeers like a drunken camel.

but then oversteers like a nuclear greyhound

Either way, that sounds like a winning combination. Even though I don't care too much for the S2000, I still have a hard time comprehending why someone would go and do this to a car that already is pretty damned much perfect from a driver's perspective.

Top Geek

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 240SX
Oh! I want that!!

How will it steer, anyways? Are they going to do anything with the suspension to keep it steering properly?

patrick10

Car(s)
s13 and a beater daily
i think its pretty bad ass, its not made to be a race car, its made to be the ultimate street car. think about how crazy that motor is in a supra, and knock all that weight off, and you have a car with insane top end.

this kinda reminds me of the awd, rb26dett, s14 240sx
http://www.irwintuned.com/r14/v2/

Last edited:

Lurch0001

Car(s)
German car & British bike
From the video: "I got too many issues". I dunno about handing over my car to a guy who admits that on the promo vid for his business...