S6 2007/11/10 WE [2x16]

FireFox

Not the Browser
Car(s)
Ford Fiesta (2008), sold Toyota Carina II.
Right ;)
Normally we start practicing in 2 hours time, is everyone fine if we could start 1 hour later? If so, Pdanev had to go back home due to some personal matter. And he just landed few minutes ago. He missed the train by a few seconds :| So he will be home in a few hours.. I hope
I don't mind to wait.

i might have a go at tonight's race so being later is an advantage :). i'm sure i'll be just as bad as usual but never mind eh. hope Pdanev get's back and had a good journey

could you hit me with the GMT time please, we changed our clocks back a few weeks ago and i'm confused :lol:

Last edited:
Race 1: Pretty boring for me. I got tagged in the back by MXM in the slow chicane but that pushed me forward without any more damage. On lap 2, Henry went wide and onto the smoking grass and I easily got past him. After that it was just a matter of putting in consistent laps. Of course on lap 7 I went wide during the last two turns which made Burnsy uncatchable at that point.

Race 2: Oh my god!! What a race. On the first lap I split Burnsy and MXM in the fast chicane. It was so nice of them to open a door for me :). At this point I was going after Pete, Henry, and ESPNsti. I knew I could pass all of them. On lap 4 going into T1, Henry was blocking the inside which is the line I would have preferred. I had to go to the outside side by side and came out behind Henry. On that same lap I finally got past Smoking Grass Henry on the second last turn. He went wide into the grass and I stuck by my line through that corner. Lap 6 was something else. Henry and Burnsy tried to overtake me into T1. Burnsy succeeded and Henry lost out. Going into the slow chicane, Henry dive bombed to the inside and took away the position. I was pretty unstoked at this point. That same lap I got my position back because of Smoking Grass Henry going wide again. Now I could concentrate on ESPN and Pete. I tried to pass ESPN on lap 8 twice. The first time it didn't work because I was too far away and didn't want to take both of us out. On the second try, in the slow chicane, I went to the inside but either he didn't see me of his car got away from him, we touched and I went into the sand. I was able to eventually pass him going into T1 on lap 9. Now, you've never seen someone move around so much to get the car behind him out of the slipstream :p.

My final target was Pete. 7 laps left and roughly 6 seconds ahead of me. This was going to be rough. By lap 10, I started seeking debris being thrown up so I knew he was close. Split by split I was gaining on him but the laps were dropping away fast. On lap 15 I had him within my crosshairs. I nailed the last two corners and was able to pull up behind Pete in the straightaway. In T1, I dived to the inside and passed him. Some contact incurred. I thought I was done but it looks like Pete thought otherwise. In the fast chicane he came really close to overtaking me but it didn't happen. I finished ahead of Pete.

Some amazing racing once again.

Finally back to being able to post, after long windows reinstalls etc.

Well, I'm glad you guys waited for me so I could race as well. I would've made it on time but I missed the train from the airport by a fraction of the second.

I didn't touch LFS for a week, no practice, so I'm pretty happy with the result. I quite liked how competitive this race was. 2nd race was almost a photofinish between Mischief and me, very exciting last lap. Once he passed me I couldn't keep up in corners because I didn't have any practice and was afraid to run wide and mess things completely up. On the straight the extra 30kg did it's job too no way to draft and overtake.

Pretty nice combo I thought, too bad I wasn't here last week and didn't have time to practice. Looking forward to next race and see how the championship develops. :)

Looking forward to next race and see how the championship develops. :)
So do I, had enough of carrying 60KG everytime :p (Edit: wow 11 points.. gonna be tough)
I did all my practice laps on R3, I change the tires for Q to R2, and set an uber fast time, Pole :)
These races where amazing! The level of close racing was really high. Battles everywhere and with everybody. Giving/Getting enough room in the corners. The final result in both races were not exaclty good, but I had more fun battleing with almost everyone.
Maybe an thought for next season, to remove the weight and restrict the air intake to the engine. Mmm it will result in slower top speed, and you achieve the same as with weights.

Last edited: