S6 2007/11/17 FE Club [2x40]

Cheater...

Use the XRT...more fun.

XRT is waaaaay to slow, even the wr time is a whole second slower on a 45s track, that's a LOT! I really wanted to race the xrt, but it not competitive at all on this track, at especially not when you add 30-60kg.

RB4 set I didn't quite like, I'm not entirely impressed with FXO set, but I prefer that slightly, so I'm also taking FXO. Hopefully tires will last.

Very dirty start for me in both races. Caused a couple of crashes for sure.
But otherwise it was quite fun, almost got FF with his burning tires in the first race, and had a lot of fun trying to keep ESPN behind in second race (until my tires were cooked).

^ Indeed. :p

1st race, MXM got sideways and somehow lost it mid chicane, couldn't go anywhere -> bang. Steering out of order, emergency pit. Pushed like mad afterwards, posted some nice times but tires started to heat up. Backed down a bit while still pushing as much as possible, and was right behind FireFox when he did his pit stop. Continued pushing in the hope to catch ESPN, ~10laps with 8 seconds difference. Was catching up but not enough, still continued to push though in the hope that if he makes a mistake I can have a chance. He didn't! :)

2nd race very nice battle for the 1st 12 laps, MXM's messiness meant I overtook him and ESPN at once. Good battle with FireFox, but he disappeared after I overtook him. Consistent pace, slowing every now and then to cool the tires, pushing the next 3-4laps in the pursuit of a hot lap.

Good weekend overall, I quite liked this combo. I was also lucky that I didn't get disconnected, 3 times in qualifying scared me quite a lot, didn't think I'll make either race.

I'd also like to address another issue. We need some filtering system for next season's participants, something like that 107% rule. There were 2-3 guys today in the practice session that were driving incredibly bad. I mean it's one thing to be slow, no problem, there's a learning curve. But its a different story if you can't make a single corner, ffs... This being a short track, I was constantly surrounded by some flying obstacles & debris. If you can not make a single lap without crashing then better practice offline, watch some replays etc, but on short and tight track there sometimes is no place to escape. Like I said, I don't care how fast/slow someone is, but I got really pissed today several times seeing the same cars over and over again, contributing nothing but chaos to the track.

This season has been quite good imo, the overall results are still open. It's no good if you mess up someone's race. Even neglecting the championship, we race once a week, 2 short races. If you fuck someone else's race up, he's really not left with much fun.

Hence, I'd propose some basic measure of competitiveness for next season. As for people that come and go randomly on the server, if we see someone causing trouble I'd say we simply vote for a kick/ban and that's it.

1st race I had the RB4 start advantage, got the lead and had a fairly uneventful and easy race from there.

2nd race was a lot of fun at the beginning, and it took me 12 laps to get around MXM.
After that I passed Firefox, and from then on, the rest of the race was a bit of a bore.

Stats and points:
http://download.yousendit.com/CA14FF6825C698E4

i was there with you (Galantti) sry you guys that i was so bad.
thing's to blame:
1. no wheel :p
2. 7-15fps
3. lack off skill + suspension damage @ every lap

Last edited:
^ So that was you? I thought Fins are supposed to be fast. I'm not too thrilled with you since you spun me out in T1 even though you were lap traffic.

On the whole, the weekend sucked massively. Both times I got taken out early. My race was decided in the first 5 laps on each occasion.

^ So that was you? I thought Fins are supposed to be fast. I'm not too thrilled with you since you spun me out in T1 even though you were lap traffic.

On the whole, the weekend sucked massively. Both times I got taken out early. My race was decided in the first 5 laps on each occasion.

i'm really sorry that i hit you in the corner, and not all Fins are fast.

edit 1. btw i only did 12laps ans tried my best to be out of anyones way.

It was just that I had a lot of bad luck previously with lap traffic taking me out. I take it personal nowadays. As long as you learn, try to improve, and have fun, you are more than welcome to join again.