S6 2007/12/08 AS Grand Touring - XFR/UFR [2x10]

Mischief007

Car(s)
1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 04 VW Jetta GLS
1st race was crap for me, and I ended up flipping at a weird spot.
Firefox tried the same early in the race by driving underneath me :p.

2nd race was good. Overtook MXM at the start, and then led a few laps.
I was planning to let Burnsy go easy since there was no way I was going to be able to hold him off, but he was past me before I knew it. :)
From then on, it was a steady pace to a 2nd place finish.

Stats and points:
http://download.yousendit.com/14E134C97BF7256D

(I edited the 1st race's stats to reflect MXM's bogus drive through penalty.)

First race started so well, I could almost taste the podium finish :) But then I pressed pit-limiter button while still in pits accidently, so that resulted in DT.

Last time I "tabbed" my view into the wrong car and didn't make it back in time, now this :|

Perhaps you should tape your hands to the steering wheel. :)

Well, pit-limiter button is on the wheel :) As are the look left/right buttons. I was trying to make sure not to collide with pdanev as we were side by side, and that's what happened...

Good weekend, but 60kg is too much extra weight for these cars.
2:55.50 was my best from both races, and in practice races I did get into 53s. That's 1.5-2 seconds, long track ok, but still a lot!

1st race, surprisingly, I won. How that happened I don't know, I guess I was the only one without a mistake. Pole was fine in Q, but obviously with the extra weight I was slower off the line, didn't even attempt to defend my position for the 1st corner since it was obvious I'm gonna loose it. There were some spins and collisions infront of me, some small fights with FF, he made his pit and I lost him in my mirror. I didn't want to stay out and give FF a clear way, so I though I'll pit the lap after and fight back immediately the lap after. Weirdly after my pit, he was nowhere close... Well at least the pit entry was interesting, MXM was right infront of me but decided to slow down early, so I almost rammed him. Avoiding him last minute I turned left, and hit my limiter as well, so we were neck and neck in entry, same on exit too, but with me 1/3car ahead. Close entry, close exit. :)

2nd race wasn't so exciting, lap 1 Michief spun infront of me in one of the fast section, I saw it from far, 1st it looked like I can not pass on the inside so I stuck to my line and started pulling to the outside while keeping my pace. However he somehow did a 180 or something and started getting towards the line where I planned to pass. I was too fast at that point and couldn't avoid collision, should've slowed down already when I saw him in trouble. Big bang, I didn't get any suspension damage, so I could continue, but I've no idea what happened to Mischief. :(

From then on I was 4-5s behind, same lap fucked up last corner sideways on exit, lost even more time. Started pushing and catching up, but when I got to FF I couldn't get close enough for a move. Some sectors I was faster, others he pulled away. We both made some mistakes as the number of laps to the finish became less and less, the difference was swinging between 0.5-1.5seconds. Not enough for me to make a move, not with so much weight. I had to brake earlier for corner entry, he was faster mid corner with his UFR, exit I was behind again with my extra kg. On straights I seemed to be catching up at the higher end.

Quite a nice combo, I really liked the balance of slow and fast sections. I really feel sorry for Mischief, 2 DTs in the 1st race, and the 2nd race was over for him already in lap 1. Too bad, since he had some really fast times and should have been up in the front having some nice battles.

Shitty weekend. Don't know if I'll show up next weekend. I can't improve to 3rd and I can't drop to 5th. 4th is pretty much locked in.

Do you really need that motivation to race? :) I gave up looking at points a while ago. If I'm going to gain any positions it's only because people might skip races.