• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Saab 9-3 Kombi

Overheat

Forum Addict
More details of the new 9-3 Sport Kombi will be revealed nearer to its Geneva unveiling, including the final decision on the name of the five-door Kombi for the UK. This was to have been called Sport Hatch, until Vauxhall took the name for its three-door Astra; whilst Kombi is likely to remain its name in Scandinavia and some other Continental markets, it is thought to be an unfamiliar term for British buyers. Whatever it's called, the Kombi is expected to attract a number of new buyers to the Saab range as well as satisfying existing owners of five-door old-shape 9-3s and 900s, who had no immediate replacement for their hatches. So far, the 9-3 saloon has appealed to a high number of 'conquest' customers new to Saab, many trading in BMW 3-Series and Audi A4 saloons in favour of something a little more unusual, and the Kombi is expected to draw in the Touring and Avant crowd as well.

Expect many of the same engines from the saloon 9-3 range, including the 1.8t, which is actually a 150bhp 2.0-litre unit, the 2.0t (175bhp), the Aero's 2.0T, 210bhp, and the new 150bhp 1.9 TiD, will feature in the Kombi, but the 120bhp economy-biased diesel is unlikely to make it into the heavier hatchback. A hot 2.8-litre V6 could be on the cards too.

Saab-9-3-Estate-002.jpg
Saab-9-3-Estate-003.jpg

Saab-9-3-Estate-004.jpg
Saab-9-3-Estate-005.jpg

Saab-9-3-Estate-006.jpg
Saab-9-3-Estate-007.jpg

aparently they still have to design the bootlid :p

Re: Saab 9-3 Kombi

Saab-9-3-Estate-003.jpg

That has got to be the best camoflaging ever! :lol:

"Excellent! They'll never know it's a hatchback now!" :shifty:

There's still much we don't know about the design when they cover it up like this
chaos... How does the rear lights look like for instance? That's like the main design
part people stick in their minds when they see the rear of a car

Re: Saab 9-3 Kombi

chaos386 said:
Saab-9-3-Estate-003.jpg

That has got to be the best camoflaging ever! :lol:

"Excellent! They'll never know it's a hatchback now!" :shifty:
:lol:

hanasand said:
There's still much we don't know about the design when they cover it up like this
chaos... How does the rear lights look like for instance? That's like the main design
part people stick in their minds when they see the rear of a car
I know why they did it. It's just funny to see a car covered only in the back, as most concept cars have full camo. It's unusual is all. :)

Atleast this wasn't like the Saabaru they made..

I do like the look of Saabs, but aren't they mostly FWD?

Anyone can guess price or will it come to the states?

sweet... a Saab hatch.. looks more like a wagon to me though... I can't wait, I have always loved saab's from the 1980's 900S :D

Dark_Templer_102 said:
Atleast this wasn't like the Saabaru they made..

I do like the look of Saabs, but aren't they mostly FWD?

Anyone can guess price or will it come to the states?

all saabs are FWD as far as i know, it's a swedish brand, and in sweden you only have mountains with snow on them --> only FWD or AWD gets on top

andyhui01 said:
aren't modern volvo's like the S80 and stuff RWD as well?
Nope. There isn't a single RWD Volvo to my knowledge. Either FWD or AWD.

did quick google search

RWD volvos: 444-544, 120-130, 1800, 140-160, 200, 700, 900, S90-V90