News: Saab now officially awesome: to be sold to Spyker

China Saab 9-5, unwrapped!

baw-c71-autoshow-live-1-458x362.jpg

baw-c71-autoshow-live-3-458x301.jpg

It looks like one of those Americanised Honda things. Do not want.

I wonder how far these are from production. The 9-3 based thing looks very similar to the current 9-3 with the exception of lights and bumpers. How could GM have sold the tooling for this car when SAAB themselves are still making and selling the same model?

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/04/23/baic-saab-1280-12.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/04/23/baic-saab-1280-16.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/04/23/BAIC-C60interior.jpg

It's not bad, though these cars were made in Trollh?ttan and not Beijing. It's uncertain if BAIC bought the rights to the interior or if that's just a placeholder.
The C71 has a really funky concept interior going on, but no high res pictures found.

BAIC is owned by the Beijing municipiality.

Last edited:
Eeeeew, the GM-ized interior. I last saw that instrument panel and radio in a Chevy Cobalt I rented. No thank you.

I'm glad our Saab is from the year BEFORE the GM-ification of the dashboard.

That being said, even if these were built in Trollh?ttan, the Chinese really haven't wasted any time in working with their new purchases. Good on them, I say - not so sure about the styling, but whatever they build seems to sell..to the Chinese market, at least.

Haha. The Saab looks so dainty next to the Spyker. They should've rolled out the Aero X just because the could.

Bringing this thread back from the death for SAAB news.

We sold a ton of SAABs last month with 12 in total. I know that doesn't sound like much but considering we haven't sold any SAABs since Jan. of this year, sold our last 2009 the first week of January, and we haven't sold more then two SAABs since November so 12 is a huge month.

Big enough to be the number two SAAB dealer in the country behind a dealer that did 19 cars total.

Also should get first new 9-5s next month probably towards the end of the month. We are getting three of them all 2010s loaded AWD Aero models.

SAAB is not now nor will it be in the near future Awesome - no matter who sells them. Good honest cars yes - awesome, er no sorry.

SAAB is not now nor will it be in the near future Awesome - no matter who sells them. Good honest cars yes - awesome, er no sorry.

LIEEESSSSS

aIMG_5251%20copy.jpg

per.jpg

[IMG
theviggen.jpg
[/IMG]

a159fd58.jpg

d52f0f39.jpg

fb7abf59.jpg

0f9543d4.jpg

Those are pictures of an old SAAB ad that the owner of our Autogroup has in his office.
inair2.JPG

Last edited:
If this doesn't qualify as awesome, there is something wrong with you:

Noo I do not see awesome - sorry. Quick, quickly driven, nice paint work - Awesome er no. Maybe one day.

Oh come on that Viggen at pikes peak is awesome and so is that ad.

EDIT:

You know why else it is awesome? My son was getting a bit fussy crying but the moment I turned that Video on he stopped fussing and is just staring.

Last edited:
Bringing this thread back from the death for SAAB news.

We sold a ton of SAABs last month with 12 in total. I know that doesn't sound like much but considering we haven't sold any SAABs since Jan. of this year, sold our last 2009 the first week of January, and we haven't sold more then two SAABs since November so 12 is a huge month.

Big enough to be the number two SAAB dealer in the country behind a dealer that did 19 cars total.

Also should get first new 9-5s next month probably towards the end of the month. We are getting three of them all 2010s loaded AWD Aero models.

So when your dealer becomes authorized to sell Spykers I get to come test drive one, right?

I'll show up in the Mustang, I'm always taken seriously when I show up in that.

I like old saabs because they're a little bit left-field. Hopefully the new products being rolled out and going on sale in Australia will be decent and will actually tempt people to take a look.

You posted a pic of a guy taking a pic of his reflection while playing pocket pool?:? :lol:

That is actually me and my hand is in my jacket pocket. I couldn't get a straight on pictures of that poster without getting my reflection in it.