Sacr? Bleu! Top Gear Fran?aise!!!

[...] same 3 guys (the good looking one, the slow nerd, the ugly petrolhead),

But who is who? I can?t tell! :D

[...]The race accross Paris is funny enough just by the absurd paths they're all choosing.
That sort of was a letdown for me. It felt poorly planned. Surely you could have done that in such a way that it actually would have been a close race. Also, a Segway would have been much better than the solowheel. At least the segway has the range required for such a trip, even on cold days.

[...] They are quite funny, and the only thing I could say against them is that they don't seems completly natural.
In episode 1, I thought they came across quite relaxed and natural like they did this format for years. But I?m not a native speaker, that changes perspective.
Ep2 - yeah, I?m with you there.

If so many people watched it how come none of them taped it and then put it up online with subtitles.

If so many people watched it how come none of them taped it and then put it up online with subtitles.

Subs might take a while, try search phrase 'T?l?charger TOP GEAR FRANCE'

I quite liked it!

At first I was disturbed by the personailty of "Le Tone"?!?!?!? who reminds me of Pee-wee Herman, than it all felt to place after a while.

What I like the most is that they are not afraid to "Speak".

Top Gear Australia and USA had all the spoken bits cut off to only keep the challenges, as if the audience was not intelligent enough to follow.

I quite like the race track, kind of a mini hockenheim. 250 km/hr on the straith for the reasonably priced car? Cool!

I get the show from torrent 411.

That sort of was a letdown for me. It felt poorly planned. Surely you could have done that in such a way that it actually would have been a close race.

That makes me wonder if all Top Gear races accross a city feel that stupid to the locals.

Also, a Segway would have been much better than the solowheel. At least the segway has the range required for such a trip, even on cold days.

The goal was not for him to win, but to make a good show. So the pit stop to a caf? was a planned part, even if his battery were still charged enough. Anyway the solowheel is a bit more realistic than the segway. I've never see someone use a segway in Paris as a ride, allways been used for tracting flyers. It's too large and fast to be safelly used on our small and croweded sidewalk, and too large and slow for our dangerous streets. I've seen a couple of people using solowheel, which is way more than people using 15000? electric boat on the Seine !

In episode 1, I thought they came across quite relaxed and natural like they did this format for years. But I?m not a native speaker, that changes perspective.
Ep2 - yeah, I?m with you there.

Well the only studio part of Ep1 that felt natural for me was the SIARPC. The two stars are used to this king of non formal interview so they helped Lelouche a lot to make it looks natural. He was a bit stiff when he ask a question like "what was your first car". Seems like he was going through a checklist... but then the conversations were good.

During all the other studio parts, especially the news, all the jokes felt badly timed.

One thing that helped a lot for the the challenges to fell natural was all the "putain" and "merde", non beeped of course as we french are not f*** hypocrites !

I was SO prepared to hate it, but I liked the first two episodes more than most of the recent seasons of the UK show.

Even though the challenges and films so far are basically carbon-copies of the UK ones, they have a delightful French twist that I've been missing for quite a while now!
It seemed to go on the good side of French culture rather than the "jacky / beauf" side, which I was afraid of when they showed the first teaser (Johnny Hallyday certainly didn't help).

An excellent start in my opinion, a step above the early TGUS episodes already. I hope they can keep it up.

The technology that was used to edit out the face from the driver that did all the drifting/fast driving in the Aston Martin/Corvette segment could have been put to good use in that segment. There was a lot of dangling going on too ...

I?m starting to quite like "Le Tone" as a presenter. He brings something different to the whole concept and not in a bad way. Which is curious because I would have sworn that I would hate the man when I saw the previews, his clothes and stuff. Philippe Lellouche, I don?t quite like how he does the studio segments. He really does come across like he?s acting the whole part as a role. Bruce Jouanny I?m still a bit indifferent about. He?s too quiet when the other two are around.

I already stops watching it. I know it's just the begining and the new presenters don't know each other very well, but it's not natural at all (even if we all know that the show is scripted). I stop in the third episode just after the drifting/face editing part. I mean seriously, even if Phillipe Lellouche don't know how to/have the authorization to drift the car, at least, they could have used the stig for it. It would have been less pitiful than than the blurried face of the guy who drift the cars. I wasn't expectig it to be awesome, for a beginning show, it would surely have flaws, i tried to look at it without comparing it to TG UK (a bit hard as it's a copy/paste of it), but clearly, i don't think it'll be a very good show someday. And i really dislike the "hidden" advert for the I3, if the show keep it's audience, i fear it will happen more often...

No review yet of the last wednesday episode? That's says a lot and not in a good way :

The amphibious car challenge was dull and that "lake" was more of a big pound to me than a proper lake.

Better was the review of the Peugeot 208 gti , fiesta st and the audi s1 , although the presence of the latter( awd and much more expensive than the other two) was incomprehensible to me as it was a gti review.

The SIARPC was a surprise to me i had no clue that this actor ( St?pahne DeGroot) was a racing driver for 15 years before being a sought after comedian.

S01 Ep1 : A l'?preuve des 4 ?l?ments

Les trois animateurs auront pour d?fi d'acheter pour 1500 euros le v?hicule qui les faisait r?ver enfant. Ils devront ensuite soumettre ces v?hicules au challenge des 4 ?l?ments. Terre, Feu, Eau, Air, quel v?hicule r?sistera ? tous ces d?fis hors-norme ?
La Merceces AMG GT S passera au crible du premier essai de Top Gear France. La nouvelle supercar de Mercredes est-elle le meilleur coup de l'ann?e ? Bruce a pouss? cette voiture dans ses retranchements sur la piste Top Gear.

Diffusion : Mercredi 18 mars 20H45

CAX4aYgWUAAh_kZ.jpg:large

S01 Ep2 : La travers?e de Paris

Philippe, Bruce, Le Tone et le Stig vont s'affronter dans une course ? bord de v?hicules ?lectriques dans Paris ! Quels v?hicules vont-ils choisir ? Qui va remporter la course ?
L'essai de la semaine est sign? Le Tone. La Nissan GTR Nismo, supercar de la marque m?rite-t-elle son surnom de Godzilla ? Tone a tent? de ma?triser la b?te ? travers un parcours initiatique sem? d'embuches.

Diffusion : Mercredi 18 mars 22H20

CAaZVaEW4AARlJm.jpg

S01 Ep3 : Carfootball

Carfootball : France-Allemagne, le retour ! A bord de leurs v?hicules allemands et fran?ais, Tone et Bruce rejouent le quart de finale de la coupe du monde 2014. Qui va l'emporter ? Aston Martin V12 Vantage S Roadster. Philippe Lellouche passe au grill ce cabriolet mythique qu'il consid?re comme l'un des meilleurs de sa cat?gorie. Va-t-il changer d'avis en d?couvrant l'une de ses rivales directes, la Corvette C7 Stingray convertible ?

Diffusion : Mercredi 25 mars 20H45

CAzHnCoW4AAVtKP.jpg

S01 Ep 4 : Le challenge des voitures amphibies

L?industrie automobile coule ? flot ? Les animateurs vont tenter de la redresser en construisant des v?hicules amphibies tous plus dingues les uns que les autres.
Esprit GTI es-tu l? ? Peugeot sort sa nouvelle 208 GTI 30?me anniversaire. A-t-elle l?esprit GTI ? Est-elle la digne descendante de la mythique 205 GTI ? Bruce l?a test? ainsi que d?autres voitures qui se r?clament de ce fameux esprit GTI? Sensations assur?es sur le circuit Top Gear.

Diffusion : Mercredi 1 avril 20H45

CBiAJdYXIAA8cTY.jpg:large

S01 Ep 5 : Road trip ? la montagne

Direction Val Thorens pour le premier road trip de l?histoire de Top Gear France. Les trois animateurs ont choisi 3 v?hicules pour partir ? la montagne. Qui a fait le meilleur choix ? Lequel arrivera en haut des pistes en 1er ? Quelles emb?ches la production leur a r?serv? ? Un road trip plein de rebondissements les attend sans oublier une 1?re mondiale? un d?fi entre un skieur de haut niveau et un buggy sur la piste de ski cross de Val Thorens?
Rolls Royce Wraith : la premi?re Rolls que l?on peut conduire soi-m?me? Tone l?a test?e et a pu faire tout ce qu?il est normalement impossible de faire avec une Rolls? Jouer au golf, faire une course contre un cheval, tracter un skateur? Si si, tout est possible au volant de la Wraith !

Diffusion : Mercredi 8 avril 20H45

CCF6gt7WIAARfB9.jpg:large

CCF4oZBW8AEVnYv.jpg:large

CCFzPv3UsAADP_j.jpg:large

http://rmcdecouverte.bfmtv.com/operation/top-gear-france/saison-1/

No review yet of the last wednesday episode? That's says a lot and not in a good way :[...]

Have yet to see that one, I had stuff to do last week. Watched the new one yesterday, was quite 'meh' about it. While suffering from Top Gear scripting a lot, the roadtrip also had some few funny moments. The RR Wraith review was quite good. "Le tone" is not taking this car-reviewing seriously ... and that?s a good thing.
The Studio segments on the other hand were not so good. While Philippe Lellouche had a nice, organic feeling conversation going on, that was only due to the fact that the guest was one of his buddies. But what they talked about wasn?t really interesting.
Also maybe maybe someone who is really french can explain the whole "making engine noises" thing to me. Out of the 4 Episodes that I watched in 3 the guests started making engine noises at some point ... is that a french talk-show thing that at some point people start doing "funny" noises? I am quite perplexed by that ...

That mountain trip challenge was boring and uninspired. At least the guest was funny , all the guys that had been invited so far are Philippe Lellouche's friends ( an actor who invites another actors).

The RR Wraith review was quite good. "Le tone" is not taking this car-reviewing seriously ... and that?s a good thing.
Agree with that.

is that a french talk-show thing that at some point people start doing "funny" noises? I am quite perplexed by that ...
No !:lol:

S01 Ep 6 : Test Twingo III

Les supercars c?est bien mais que vaut la nouvelle Twingo ? Philippe Lellouche a mis cette citadine ? l??preuve ? travers une s?rie de tests toujours plus loufoques. Ca commence sur la piste Top Gear et ?a finit par une course dans un supermarch? sans oublier un passage ? Montmartre avec les girls du Moulin Rouge. Loufoque on vous a dit !
MacLaren 650 S Spyder. Un d?lire d?ing?nieur que Dr Tone et Professeur Bruce ont test? sur la piste Top Gear.

Diffusion : Mercredi 15 avril 20H45
http://rmcdecouverte.bfmtv.com/operation/top-gear-france/saison-1/

CB7UVseW4AADpfD.jpg

CCqEwBHUIAADAg1.jpg:large

CCp6nqaUsAEC7aR.jpg:large

Last edited:
S01 Ep 7 : Permis cascades

Nos animateurs savent conduire mais savent-ils faire des cascades. Au contact d?un cascadeur professionnel, Philippe, Bruce et Tone vont passer leur dipl?me de cascadeur. Rouler sur deux roues, percuter un v?hicule ? plus de 110km, r?aliser des tonneaux en toute s?curit?, nos trois h?ros vont tenter le tout pour le tout pour ce dernier ?pisode de la saison.
BMW M4. La Reine des coup?s sportifs a-t-elle mis ?chec et mat toutes ses concurrentes ? Tone, en grand amateur de la griffe M, a mis la M4 ? rude ?preuve sur la piste Top Gear.

Diffusion : Mercredi 22 avril 20H45

CC93McxWIAE4s4Y.jpg:large

CDDP9myXIAALQGt.jpg:large

Last edited:
I admire you jack_christie for keeping updates of that show ,

So what to say of last Wednesday episode : Phil Lellouche reading a false letter of complain regarding the fact that they are reviewing only supercars as an introduction of the testing of the new Renault Twingo .

Next was the test of Maclaren 650 S , by le tone , the SIARPC was Fran?ois Fillon the ex prime minister of Nicolas Sarkosy.

I notice that the next SIARPC are the duo Bruno Solo and Yvan Lebolloc'h who are real funny guys and who are behind the context of the short films ??cam?ra caf頻 , just search for that in YouTube.