Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death

The dividends are probably not as great? The simpler the people the easier it will be to rip them off... probably.

I'm about to the point of saying build a giant wall around the entire region and make sure no one can get in or out. Then throw a bunch of guns over the wall and let them sort it out for themselves. Who ever is still alive gets the holy land.

But then how would I be able to watch Top Gear? :cry:

Here's something I've wondered for a while: why doesn't the U.S. government take care of the problems in it's own country first? Isn't that kind of...well y'know...their job?

[satire]
The American invasion of Iraq is taking care of the problems. The $98 billion procured each year for the "reconstruction" of Iraq is going to US conglomerates; while the costs are fronted by the taxpayers, Iraqis will repay the debt through oil - both crude and revenues. American oil porducers will flood the global market with cheap oil to undercut OPEC, and post even higher record profits, and of course, lower prices to consumers. Democracy will be established, in the form of an appointed coalition government with the assistance of a corrupt, exiled national, to prevent a forseeable victory by an Islamic Shia majority. This will, of course, establish a pro-Western state in the oil-producing heartland; a new foothold to spread American hegemony in the Middle East, to the benefit of Americans in the form of security, freedom, democracy, and a secure source of energy to maintain our great way of life.
[/satire]

Something for your christmas tree :)

saddamcutout.jpg

Hanging is to good for Saddam Hussein, that's all I have to say on the matter.

Lets be better than him and NOT hang him but make him suffer (that's not the word I want). There is no need to drop down to his level.

Here's something I've wondered for a while: why doesn't the U.S. government take care of the problems in it's own country first? Isn't that kind of...well y'know...their job?

Do you want isolationism from the U.S.? No more policing? Here's the problem: If the U.S. does something about a situation, they are criticized. If the U.S. does nothing about a situation, they are criticized. Take your pick.

That's not true, the US has not been criticized for every action it has taken. Just the ones which were fabricated threats made to benefit America.

wow that's a load of bullshit. People have attacked every action or inaction we've taken aside from WWII.

And we even get criticized for WWII :bangin:

If that's the case then learn to live with it. America is the world's most powerful superpower so critique comes with the territory.

Plus, there is varying degrees of criticism. You will always have people who don't believe in what you're doing but when you're in a situation like Iraq where the majority of people are against it, that should be enough indication that you need to get your head out of your ass.

wow that's a load of bullshit. People have attacked every action or inaction we've taken aside from WWII.

Last edited:
Do you want isolationism from the U.S.? No more policing? Here's the problem: If the U.S. does something about a situation, they are criticized. If the U.S. does nothing about a situation, they are criticized. Take your pick.

Isolationism is different than policing on a global scale. The reason American foreign policy is so often criticized is that it intervenes in situations it shouldn't, and shys away from intervention in situations that aren't of benefit to it. But thus is the condition of all nations...

I think I'd take the option of ignoring the rest of the world. Sure we'd be criticized like crazy for not helping out. The benefit is we wouldn't have pissed off citizens that feel neglected, adding even more criticizm to the whole thing.

What I would like to ask the PM is whether he can define 'judicial will of Iraq." What will is he talking of? The will of the people of Iraq or those in power?

We would like the whole world to respect the judicial will of Iraq.

What I would like to ask the PM is whether he can define 'judicial will of Iraq." What will is he talking of? The will of the people of Iraq or those in power?

Well, I don't know what the will of the people really is since it's such a mess there. I'm sure many of them would like peace, but the insurgents kind of ruin that for them. I don't think the will of the insurgents is the will of the majority in Iraq.

That's my point, a messy situation like that will definitely hinder fairness in any judicial proceedings.

That's my point, a messy situation like that will definitely hinder fairness in any judicial proceedings.

Yep, who knows when democracy will be a reality there.

All I know is Bush doesn't... I loved this quote I heard on the radio today:

I thought we were gonna do fine in the elections last night, shows what I know.

All I know is Bush doesn't... I loved this quote I heard on the radio today:
I thought we were gonna do fine in the elections last night, shows what I know.

Yeah I heard that live in his press conference.... burst out laughing.

/I hate how quotes within a quote, are left out when you quote someone. I know you can "Multiquote" but in this case that wouldn't do any good.

Last edited: