Salute to those who learn English!

Ultra_Kool_Dude

AWESOME!!!111ONE
Car(s)
POWERR!!!
I just had a random impulse to salute those of you who have learned English as a second language.

Learning a new language is so hard, so thanks! :thumbsup:

Many thanks from happy guy swek. Albeit difficult the time the effort worth it by revenue. Especially inside to other cultures over Internet provides certainly proven to be successful.

:mrgreen:

I love you too.

I always feel quite sad for us Brits really when I see how much effort the Europeans spend learning English and we just don't bother. I personally speak German and French reasonably well but I'm in no way fluent.

swek said:
Many thanks from happy guy swek. Albeit difficult the time the effort worth it by revenue. Especially inside to other cultures over Internet provides certainly proven to be successful.

:mrgreen:

I love you too.

You are so the man. :lol: :thumbsup:

peter3hg2 said:
I always feel quite sad for us Brits really when I see how much effort the Europeans spend learning English and we just don't bother. I personally speak German and French reasonably well but I'm in no way fluent.
I've tried with French, and I can put a few sentences together, but it is the most mentally challenging thing I've ever encountered.

I think speaking more than one language is important, not only for communication, but for general knowledge also. Fortunately, I learned one of the more difficult ones as my native one, and one of the easiest (no offense!), English, in School. I know some French bits and the general "Hello! - Goodybye!" stuff in some others, but that's it then.

Anyway, you're very welcome! :cheers:

Regards
the Interceptor

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
peter3hg2 said:
I've tried with French, and I can put a few sentences together, but it is the most mentally challenging thing I've ever encountered.

What I found difficult when learning French is how the say things in a different order, for example I would say 'I have long hair' but in French it is translated to ' I have hair long'. But I suppose that they find English a strange language to understand too.

:thumbsup: from me aswell to all you non-english speakers :)

Taking into consideration there are twice as many words in the English language as the next largest language (Chinese, I believe), I can see how it's very difficult to learn. So :thumbsup: and :cheers:

I learned calc as my second language. However, I'd like to learn German or Russian. Would've learned the latter, but I got fired from Subway...

Im learnin Gaelic at school right now, for asking someone how they are, its one thing for your freind and people the same age/younger and another for people older or who you dont know its bloody hard.

I enjoy English at school, its mostly my teacher though and the essay writing, cant be arsed with the launguage part, nouns, metaphors etc

The best thing about English is you don't have to worry about genres like in German and French.

You mean genders. :mrgreen:

peter3hg2 said:

Don't feel bad, it's the same here in the states with Spanish. But instead of just not bothering... some Americans just bitch, complain, and yell at Latin Americans to go home.

/Speaks spanish a bit.
//Learning German over the internet.

English: easy to learn, difficult to master ;-)

If it wasn't for all the irregularities in it and a REALLY poor connection between spoken and written word (don't know the correct phrase, must be something related to phonetics), it would be a great "world language".

Nothing is hard as long as you put effort in it. ;)

ALthough it must be said, the older you get the harder it is to learn a new language.

5 languages in my head already, and I'd like to add 1-2 exotics one once I'm done wiht university. Once over the number 7, I'll be happy. :)

:D
I like english, always have, started learning it almost 14 years ago (damn that makes me sound old) :mrgreen:

mgkdk said:
:D
I like english, always have, started learning it almost 14 years ago (damn that makes me sound old) :mrgreen:
Wow 14 years ago. I could barely speak english 14 years ago.

English is pretty easy and you learn it quick when youre watching TV and all that :p
Swedish was a bit difficult for me in school, and french was a lot more difficult :lol:

I think finnish is regarded as a hard language to master, mainly because of the way sentences are structured.. Like every one word has over 15 different forms it can be twisted into.. Can't remember exactly how it goes, just know how to speak it :unsure: