San Marino F1

andyhui01

Forum Addict
Car(s)
00' Subaru Forester GT
hey guys, I just got home and turned on f1 and realized shumacher is really far behind the grid and Raikonnen is out... can anyone explain to me what happened?... did they crash each other on the 1st corner or something?

naah, R?ikkonen had a mechanical failure and Schumi was poor in qualifying... Still was second.

Alonso did a great job :thumbsup: It's not easy to keep a faster Schumi behind for so long.

And what's with Montoya? He doesn't even come to see the race? Give interviews and stuff. I don't think there is everything ok in McLaren... <_<

EDIT: Raikkonen did start, and was pretty fast at first, but then after 9 laps or so started to slow down and stopped in pits.

Actually Michael was penalized 10 positions for going wide on a corner during the second qualifying session. He started 13th, but ended up 2nd!

The drama during that battle for first was killing me!
I can't even remember the last race that was this exciting. This season had been pretty boring until today!

yea... my eyes were practically glued to the tv, even on the last lap, I had no idea whos going to be first, Michael was pretty close to overtaking on the last lap... he even tried on the last corner when he had no chance... lol... hmm, why can't we drive like that in LFS, maybe its the track, there are not many overtaking points, just the first corner and coming out the chicane...

bah, im watching lap 27 on australian tv. damn this delayed telecast :(

MXM said:
Alonso did a great job :thumbsup: It's not easy to keep a faster Schumi behind for so long.
Yeah, that was absolutely amazing driving! Alonso is a tough guy. If he keeps winning he will be world champion. :)

EDIT: This was my post # 300!!!!! Yippee! :thumbsup: :cheers: :hump:

:lol: ... yea, plus Alonso's defensive driving technique is pretty well, everytime shumacher tries a move, he closes the door before shumacher can even attack

Fantastic race. I can't believe that Alonso managed to defeat a faster Schumacher for 13 laps. Today he drove like the next World Champion.
I've never been so exited during a F1 race for a long time. I didn't dare to look anywhere else..afraid to miss the moment.

F**k, why did i forget that there's a race today :wall:
:censored: :censored: :censored: god damn it :x
*goes hangs himself*

MXM said:
And what's with Montoya? He doesn't even come to see the race? Give interviews and stuff. I don't think there is everything ok in McLaren... <_<

montoya is out with an injury to his neck he recived in Bahrain

Man I think Schumacher deserved to win man.... He was faster than Alonso and he had a better strategy... Too bad Renault is faster in the straights otherwise Alonso had it out of his hand... Schumacher is back in his real form :)

Well actually Schumacher has made a mistake on second qualify, that's why he only qualified 13th, he went on to the grass/sand a bit in one of the fast corners but managed to return and finish.

Montoya is injured, after injury he received on his tennis training before Bahrain GP

And poor kimi :( i was so glad that he qualified 1st... why all the mechanical failures occur to him? :(

but of course great job for alonso, but i think kimi would have been 1st today...

"The San Marino Race Director has referred Toyota?s Ralf Schumacher to the stewards for an incident that occurred with Nick Heidfeld's Williams following his second pit stop."
"Having reviewed the evidence, the stewards considered that it was an unsafe manoeuvre and applied a 25-second penalty to the German, who finished the race in eighth place. However, Toyota are appealing the decision."
"If Toyota?s appeal fails, Schumacher will drop out of the points in the Imola placings and Heidfeld will inherit a point by moving up to eighth place."

http://www.formula1.com/race/news/2911/735.html

On a side note, did nyone see the GP2 races? Some great racing there, but really funny/sad how all the cars had such a great deal of mechanical problems...

Breaks failed, having to start behind a safety car because the clutches cant handle the start :D etc. etc.

leif said:
montoya is out with an injury to his neck he recived in Bahrain
I'm sorry, but Montoya didn't race in Bahrain.

That was because "he had an accident while playing tennis", and his shoulder got hurt. Then it was said that he actually didn't play tennis, but he had fallen with his motorcycle. And now, because he wasn't even there at the pits in San Marino (which was weird, if he really has only a sore shoulder), there has been some speculations that those explanations to his absence are not true. Who knows...

Well, I thought the race was dull as usual - though I've got to admit the end was fantastic - just what I want from a motor race. More like the kind of thrills one can get from BTCC or similar.

By the way, as always, I've recorded it. :)