Saw a weird Buick today...

InfernalVortex

Car(s)
1992 Camaro, 1996 Honda CR125
This thing looked kind of like an Eagle Talon, but it clearly said "BUICK" across the back of it... It clearly wasnt a Talon, but it was proportioned similarly. IT seemed like a 2-seater... a medium-sized "sports" car.

I didnt know Buick ever made anything like that. Anyone know what it as?

From the quick glance I got of it, it looked like a pretty good looking car! I never thought I'd say that about a Buick of all things... Even the Grand Nationals were relatively ugly...

Was it a Reatta?
800px-Buick_Reatta.jpg

What the fu.. to Wikipedia!

edit:
Wikipedia said:
The Buick Reatta was the first car Buick advertised as a two-seater since the 1940 Buick model 46. It was a hand-made luxurious sports coupe produced at the Reatta Craft Centre in Lansing, Michigan and sold by the Buick division of American automaker General Motors from early 1988 to 1991.

After five minutes of research I really don't like the way this car looks, apparently a lot of people felt the same way.

Last edited:
Damn it, why didn't someone tell me about this thread!?

The biggest issue I have with the Reatta was that it was FWD.

If anyone dares mention that it has a supercharged 3800 V6, I'm afraid that Punisher Bass will need some time alone!

If anyone dares mention that it has a supercharged 3800 V6, I'm afraid that Punisher Bass will need some time alone!

Why? Buick didn't introduce the SC version till 91, and my family owned a Buick from the 80's, and it was crap. I'm not crazy enough to want basically a FWD version of a Fiero loaded up with electronics that only work part of the time.

It's a bit of a farce that that thing would be called a Buick. Nothing about it at all would tell you it is one.

Buick was once known for sporty elegance. But that was before color TV.

Buick was once known for sporty elegance. But that was before color TV.

Buick was never really known for "sporty elegance", affordable luxury yes. Once a generation Buick wakes up and delivers a real performance car and then goes back to sleep for a couple decades. See the GS/GSX in the muscle car era, and the GN/GNX in the early to mid 80's. Other than that it's been just a nice quiet luxury brand pegged right below Cadillac.

Reatta...great looking car. The should have built more of those, less Park Avenue Ultra's.

:p

Reatta...great looking car. The should have built more of those, less Park Avenue Ultra's.

:p

Oh snap. Fight time..... lol.

The sales manager at the Buick dealership I used to work at thought the Reatta was the best car ever made. He had two of them from new. I would piss him off all the time by making small talk infront of him with someone telling them how I thought the Reatta was the biggest piece of shit ever made. Boy he would get so mad he would turn bright red and look like he was going to pass out. He would start yelling and sputtering. :lol:

http://img169.imageshack.**/img169/4043/buickreatta89lg4ye2.jpg

I love the interior. That screen on the right is actually a touch screen.

It doesn't look all that bad, but I can't stand digital dashes.

Especially when it's from the 80's.

Thats what it was! A Reatta!

You guys are awesome!

I only saw it from the backside, enough to see the lines along the sdie of the car and the back of it, thought it looked quite cool.

I dont like the front bumper area much, though. never liked popup headlights at all. You need some accents on that front real estate, IMO.

Still a decent looking car for it's era, but the fwd auto only thing is kind of a bummer.

I still say this car looks decent...
1990-91-Buick-Reatta-91121431990005.jpg

It's like an overgrown Fiero...

IT's a shame it suffers from that horrid 80s GM quality... I've no doubt it's a shit car. My Camaro is a shit car, I just love it anyway.

Last edited:
http://img169.imageshack.**/img169/4043/buickreatta89lg4ye2.jpg

wow, thats like a digital version of the dash in my buick, except that steering wheel is pretty gross

I thought reatta's were RWD? there goes the plan of eventually maybe getting one:lol: