Say there was a war between...

Say there was a war between...

• EU (don't forget about Poland)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asia (don't forget the noodles)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
justin syder said:
Yeah, as long as the US has its political system the way it is the economy will do well.

We have sprung up a similar system in Afghanistan and will have one running in a month in Iraq.

Hows that for "losing the war" :wink:

Also the American political system is among the most capatilastic countries in the world. We dont know if it would work for Afghanistan nor Iraq but I do hope so. Lets just hope they wont waste nor pollute as much as you guys do :)

Both China and Singapore are testimony of Asian economic success, and neither one of them is democratic. Democracy is really a sham in the United States, what good is this democracy when interest groups control the government. If Iraq or Afghanistan has to be successfull they have to follow the footsteps of successfull Asian countries, because political culture is also shaped by social values and American social values are different from eastern social values. Concepts of freedom and democray can not to be enforced on people, and don't you think enforcing these values by force are kind of oxymoron.

Ultra Kool Dude, in the 60s people in Singapore couldn't even feed themselves properly and today it has the most advanced infrastructure in the world. The size of the country is no bigger than the city you live in and yet has a reserve of US$99Billion as oppose to Canada's US$37Billion(source:IMF). In primary education, Singapore students ranked 1st in the world(source:TIMMS), and boasts a highest standard of living in Asia(source:WEF). BTW if you need books or links to anything about Singapore, either living there or investing in that country just let me know.

Daniel, I don't understand what you mean by capitalist. But if you mean an economy free of gov't manipulation(tariffs or any other unethical trade barriers), then America is not on the top. Studies done by the Fraser Institute of British Columbia shows Singapore and Hong Kong to be on the top of the list, and if you read the latest report by World Economic Forum you will see the same.

I'll give you Singapore then (although Japan is still better off), but the GDP per capita of China is still only $5000.

Japan - $ 28,200
Singapore - $ 23,700

Ultra Kool Dude have you got any idea how many countries in the world got higher GDP per capita than Japan? Per capita income is not the sole indicator of a country's standard of living or its economic strength, or even indication of its long term economic stability. BTW Cayman Islands has a per capita income of $35,000 and San Marino has $34,600.