SBS to show TopGear series 1

Which is a shame because it means we can't rip them and replace the existing rips. :(

Perhaps you could offer them alongside the existing rips. People might like the opportunity to choose a massive quality increase despite the fairly small quantity decrease.:)

We can still rip them. ;) Some people might be happy to trade off file quality for content ...
No news? No guest? Different music? Meh.

From what I've read, some of the existing rips (the Jabba's World ones) of the old episodes cut out before the episodes are finished anyway.

i read this on another forum sans details and assumed it was a typo and that sbs would be showing series 10...lol way to get my hopes up. but still will be good to see series one without le shit computer screen. :)

No news? No guest? Different music? Meh.

The bbc prime rips we have now are also cut down to approx 50 min with unoriginal music, and if the Aussie show last for 65min then its probably the same clips.

Last edited:
Talking of SBS: Top Gear's very own man of mystery, The Stig, wants to take you for the ride of your life.
So, if your idea of fun is screaming around a racing track at top speed, then enter this exclusive Top Gear Australia competition to win a hot lap with The Stig.

Link: http://topgear.sbs.com.au/comp.php

Hate to burst anyone's bubble... but it isn't the The Stig... but Australia's own version....

Terms and Conditions said:
The Grand Prize winner (Winner) will receive a ?Hot Lap with the Stig?. This will entail one or more laps of a racecourse with ?the Stig? of the Australian Top Gear. The car, location, and date of the ?Hot Lap? is yet to be determined, and will be decided in consultation with the Winner, and in the complete discretion of SBS. The Winner?s travel costs to and from the racecourse are not included as part of the prize.

Talking of SBS: Top Gear's very own man of mystery, The Stig, wants to take you for the ride of your life.
So, if your idea of fun is screaming around a racing track at top speed, then enter this exclusive Top Gear Australia competition to win a hot lap with The Stig.

Link: http://topgear.sbs.com.au/comp.php

I was wondering how long it would take for this to get posted on FinalGear.:lol:

It was posted here on my forum back in January.:lol:

I'd have let you all know about it, but I had put an entry in and didn't want to have to compete against all you guys.:p

Last edited:
Regardless of what 'version' they are... arguments about quality vs file size... shithouse Jabba rips etc I'll be recording them, so we'll see what happens. :think:

Regardless of what 'version' they are... arguments about quality vs file size... shithouse Jabba rips etc I'll be recording them, so we'll see what happens. :think:
Sounds good. :)

Without ads the episode ended up being 58:55 long, which I think is a touch longer than the BBC Prime rips were. The noticeable additions from what I remember of the episode (I've only watched it off YouTube before, I was getting the episodes in reverse order, and reached 01x09 when I found out about SBS showing them, so stopped) are the mentions of calling and writing to them, they even mentioned a text message number for people to tell them about cars they have that could be faster than the Zonda around the track.

I did record the episode (and will be encoding it to XviD) but my upload speed is way too slow to be useful (64kbps), but if cpd can't for whatever reason put it up, I probably can, just next weeks episode will probably screen by the time it finishes :p.

However I do have this to share, the music at the end of the episode, which is different in the first series.
http://files.phyrefile.com/file/2008/02/23/TopGearSeries1EndingMusic.mp3

Cool so its the original version then(?) what size will you make it in 700mb?

I have recorded it and it is just under 59 minutes. Do you want it uploaded and if so where? I'm thinking of making it about 430MB so that the 10 episodes will fit on 1 DVD.

WOW a lot of people captured this :) personally I wound def want it in 700mb for consistency and decent bitrate... Is it widescreen btw?

However I do have this to share, the music at the end of the episode, which is different in the first series.
http://files.phyrefile.com/file/2008/02/23/TopGearSeries1EndingMusic.mp3

It's weird that. It sounds like it was redone for international distribution because it sounds like a different theme and then when Harry Enfield comes up, it cuts really badly to the theme we all know. So did they make a new version, but couldn't get hold of the original voice track of Harry Enfield, so had to cut back to the theme it originally had?

Cool so its the original version then(?) what size will you make it in 700mb?

It is not the original version. It is the international version. SBS have confirmed that. The BBC simply removed a lot less from the international versions back then than they do now.

You'll notice that the episode opening credits included footage of Jason Dawe in public writing on the windscreen of a car. It wasn't in the episode.