SBS to show TopGear series 1

BBC cut content before they sell it overseas, regardless of whether ads will be put in or not.

Anything has to be better than some of the Jabba rips! A couple of them even cut out for me halfway through!

Good news for Jason Dawes. He'll probably be getting 50p an episode for this :D

I cannot believe though that there isn't ONE fan who recorded Series 1 when it went out on BBC2? It's not as if Top Gear was a new show, i would have thought one fan on this forum would have all the episodes or at least some recorded unedited. I'd like to see what it was like, because on the Series 1 rips that i've seen, there's a lot of 'filling time' with not much going on. I remember the Harry Enfield celeb lap time thing, it felt as though they left the camera on for about 20 minutes and forgot to edit it out. It went on for ages! What the hell did they cut?

Last edited:
Can't the ads just be edited out?
If it's an hour show without commercials and they air it in an hour with commercials, then do the math. They have to edit out stuff like the news, some studio bits, and even segment parts to make room for the commercials.

Anyone with Windows Media Center and decent digital reception should be able to do it. There are tools available out there which convert the recorded dvr-ms format to divx/xvid/etc for editing.

What's the ETA for TG:Oz Series 1?

w00t! Anything has to be better than those shithouse Jabba rips of Series 1 ...<_<

You soooooo read my mind. I've tried many times to edit those episodes, but they crash every editor I throw at it.

People, there are BBC PRIME rips that are NON JABBA out on the internets of series 1

Now, back on topic, maybe we will get 700mb rips of these new ones in higher quality. That would be great.

Yeah +1

People, there are BBC PRIME rips that are NON JABBA out on the internets of series 1Here is a link for those interested

Now, back on topic, maybe we will get 700mb rips of these new ones in higher quality. That would be great.

Thanks for that link, I've been looking for 700mb rips of Series 6/7 for some time:woot:

Do the S02 episodes on this link have the "greatest car in the world" segment? And does every episode have the news segment, or is it cut out on the earlier series?

I'm fairly sure those all are uncut. They are all recorded off of BBC prime or from the original airing on BBC2.

I'm fairly sure those all are uncut. They are all recorded off of BBC prime or from the original airing on BBC2.

I think that the BBC Prime rips had the news and the Greatest car in the world segments cut off, the former because it was out-of-date, and the later because it was a voting-thingy (much like Restoration Rip-off). Please correct me if I'm wrong though :)

I don't recall seeing the greatest car in the world, so they must have been cut off. But they do have the news.

Yeah, still have the news, but no Greatest Car In The World. You can sometimes see the board when they cut to one of the presenters standing next to it.

Music is also changed, to mostly the crappy production stuff.

Yeah, still have the news, but no Greatest Car In The World. You can sometimes see the board when they cut to one of the presenters standing next to it.

Music is also changed, to mostly the crappy production stuff.

Oh well, that's a pity :(. At least I'll finally manage to get hold of those older 700Mb rips.

Only series 1,2,3 are BBC Prime, the rest of them are the original airings.

My source at SBS tells me that these will be the intenational (edited) versions. They are, however, longer than the international version of the later series. So presumably, less has been cut from these early series.

The first episode is on the 23rd of February and they've allowed an hour and five minutes for it.
Well, unless they're only gonna show 5 minutes of commercials...

No, there'll be more than five minutes of commercials. These will be the international edition so they will have been edited by the BBC before being sold overseas. They are not, however, edited again by SBS. They are scheduled for an hour and five minutes because less was cut by the BBC from these older episodes than in the later series.

No, there'll be more than five minutes of commercials. These will be the international edition so they will have been edited by the BBC before being sold overseas. They are not, however, edited again by SBS. They are scheduled for an hour and five minutes because less was cut by the BBC from these older episodes than in the later series.
Which is a shame because it means we can't rip them and replace the existing rips. :(