SBS to show TopGear series 1

It is not the original version. It is the international version. SBS have confirmed that. The BBC simply removed a lot less from the international versions back then than they do now.

You'll notice that the episode opening credits included footage of Jason Dawe in public writing on the windscreen of a car. It wasn't in the episode.

I don't think that was in the original either.

I think that Jason Dawes clip was just supposed to show he was a car dealer and he would be doing 'Insider Deals' or whatever the hell it was called.

What do you mean by "original"?

Do you mean the BBC Prime re-runs that are available as rips or the programme as it was shown on BBC2?

At 59 minutes it must be very close to the original if not actually the original. It think the BBC prime rips are about 45 minutes.
Just checked them, they are actually about 57-59 minutes.

Hate to burst anyone's bubble... but it isn't the The Stig... but Australia's own version....

Yes, I just read that this morning after entering last week :cry:

Does anyone think the original TopGear boys will be making their way to Australia for the show at any stage?

What did you all think about Series 1 Episode 1? It's the first time I have seen it, I only started watching TG a few years ago (but have seen the dvd's). They certainly have improved a GREAT deal!!

I hope James May is introduced soon... :p

Last edited:
Am watching 1x01 right now.

Is it just me, or did Hamster pronounce 'fast' a little differently in the earlier episodes? With a short 'a' rather than a long 'a'?

Is it just me, or did Hamster pronounce 'fast' a little differently in the earlier episodes? With a short 'a' rather than a long 'a'?

I noticed this too - and that had me concentrating on his accent rather than on the show :p

Does he now pronounce it 'farhst' (like Aussie way)? I've never noticed, but will be watching in the future :lol:

It was pointed out on the tonight's episode discussion thread on my forum last night that Richard sounded more "Brummy" (from Birmingham) than usual. I hadn't noticed it myself. He just sounded a little younger to me.

Just watched the first 20 minutes of the SBS airing side-by-side with the 350MB rip, a couple of things:

* The colours seem a little washed out in the 350 MB rip by comparison
* The aspect ratio in the 350MB rip doesn't look quite right - everything is squashed vertically (insert Dawe joke here :rolleyes:)
* They're identical up to the bit where Hammond is talking about how much torque the Continental GT has, which is immediately followed by the Zonda review. Surprisingly, this airing included a bit I hadn't seen before where Clarkson invites viewers to write in and be part of the 'grandmothers doing donuts' skit that's shown later in the series, then he introduces the Zonda. I haven't watched the rest, but that might just about account for the 2 minutes difference between these versions.

Any chance someone could give me the "raw" recording?

Thanks a lot for the rips guys especially the 700mb rip cpd really appreciate it :D hope you'll keep them coming.

Thanks! Next one 01x03 the holy grail no one have managed to capture properly