SCCA Rallycross! CB 11/6/11 and 2011 Finale 12/3/11

I don't have any action shots yet, save for my own in-car footage, but as usual I did walk around and snap pictures before racing began. Just finished piecing a video together and uploading some photos now.

DSCF0657.jpg

DSCF0675.jpg

DSCF0659.jpg

DSCF0678.jpg

DSCF0666.jpg

DSCF0660.jpg

His RC truck was almost as entertaining as his actual runs in the S10! Hell of a show!
DSCF0662.jpg

DSCF0674.jpg

DSCF0664.jpg

Luckily the RC truck was the only rollover of the day!
DSCF0665.jpg

DSCF0694.jpg

DSCF0702.jpg

DSCF0689.jpg

DSCF0695.jpg

DSCF0704.jpg

DSCF0661.jpg

DSCF0672.jpg

DSCF0681.jpg

DSCF0692.jpg

DSCF0691.jpg

DSCF0698.jpg

DSCF0705.jpg

DSCF0699.jpg

Sharing the Sentra love! If I put mine in mod class I would put a twin-cam in it like this one.
DSCF0679.jpg

Matt preparing his car for what became a class win!
DSCF0688.jpg

DSCF0687.jpg

DSCF0699.jpg

Can't say I've ever seen a car with a goatee before; nice touch.
DSCF0693.jpg

Couldn't help but chuckle at the vanity plate. Shame it's an automatic.
DSCF0701.jpg

DSCF0708.jpg

Last edited:
From Rochester:
ROCHESTERAPRIL2011127.jpg

ROCHESTERAPRIL2011108.jpg

Helping represent NER SCCA and our Rallycross program at New Hampshire International Speedway's open house last weekend!

I think I am going to run this car for the remainder of the season, and then try and sell it as a RallyX car to someone in an SCCA region outside the salt belt. This car is rock solid and I'd hate to rust it out. My intention would be to get a FWD Legacy or Impreza and try and get Subaru dominating the FWD class as well!

We'll see, it's either that or I just run the Sentra until something catastrophic happens. New rear struts going in this week, see how it handles and do the fronts if needed.

DSCF0837.jpg

DSCF0876.jpg

Okay, I need a Captain Underpants sticker in my life. (Or maybe a magnet to stick on other people's cars at trackdays...hmmmmmmm.......)

MOAR SHINY! Congrats.

New rear struts! Rides like a dream now, ready for Bradford Fairgrounds!

2nd place in Championship points right now, 19 points behind 1st (A first place finish is 30 points). Having a ton of fun! Starting to get a bit attached to this car. :love:

DSCF0908.jpg

DSCF0934.jpg

DSCF0935.jpg

DSCF0938.jpg

DSCF0941.jpg

Seriously, I set to work and had both rear struts completely out of the car in fifteen minutes. This thing could not be simpler to work on.

Can of black spraypaint to the tune of 99 cents and a half hour of my time really freshens up the car's appearance. Not perfect by any means, but it passes the five-foot rule so I'm happy with it!

DSCF0944.jpg

DSCF0946.jpg

DSCF0945.jpg

DSCF0947.jpg

DSCF0951.jpg

DSCF0955.jpg

Hey you! Yes, you! I started a website of sorts on Tumblr, you should follow it and tell all your friends and their dogs to check it out!

I am working on catching it up to present day and then it'll be updates on my rallying adventures!

www.perkinsrally.tumblr.com

In other news, the Sentra is all ready for Bradford Faigrounds. I am currently 2nd place in championship points with a reasonable shot at first, so we'll see how the rest of the season plays out!

A big shoutout to my new sponsor, Paquette Signs, who also provided the decals for my other sponsor, Perkins Painting, and for my family business, Great Northern Cleaning. I am heading out in an hour or two to camp in Plymouth, then off to Bradford in the morning!

www.perkinsrally.tumblr.com

DSCF1105.jpg

DSCF1115.jpg

DSCF1103.jpg

DSCF1108.jpg

Looking like a real race car now!

If you do sell the Sentra, have you considered going with a RWD car? I love how RWD cars (and trucks) handle on loose surfaces. I don't know what you'd be able to find as cheap and easy to work on as the Sentra though.

And hey! George's Diner in Meredith! Good choice, sir!

Looking like a real race car now!

If you do sell the Sentra, have you considered going with a RWD car? I love how RWD cars (and trucks) handle on loose surfaces. I don't know what you'd be able to find as cheap and easy to work on as the Sentra though.

And hey! George's Diner in Meredith! Good choice, sir!

I love the fact that someone recognized George's! Meredith is my hometown and I've been going there regularly since I was a little wee lad. :mrgreen:

RallyX11.png

I took home the class win once again! Working on editing my video clips together now!

DSCF1132.jpg

DSCF1138.jpg

DSCF1116.jpg

DSCF1137.jpg

DSCF1139.jpg

DSCF1141.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely envious of the sponsorships...not to mention the mud!

YAY MUD!

As I sold the Versa and the Sentra is now my daily driver, I finally got myself some street tires so I can stop wearing out my dirt tires. Got them for cheap on Craigslist and changed them in a Wal-Mart parking lot, which went well! Aside from endlessly filing away corrosion on the hub holes so the wheels would fit. :p
DSCF1314.jpg

DSCF1315.jpg

I then drove up north for The 2011 New England Forest Rally, where I volunteered as a Spectator Marshal for the Saturday stages. This involved me driving my Sentra up a rally stage, which was neat! I put 400 miles on the car between Friday night and Saturday without it breaking a sweat.
DSCF1326.jpg

DSCF1328.jpg

DSCF1332.jpg

At the overnight stop, Friday night at a camp in Jefferson NH. Beat getting up at 3AM to make the whole 3.5 hour drive the next morning!
DSCF1343.jpg

DSCF1347.jpg

Since I will be driving to Rhode Island for a Rallycross in September, I am doing some preventative maintenance on the car this coming week, including front wheel bearings. In two weeks I am racing at the "Racing Against Leukemia" weekend, during which all of the different SCCA programs put on events, with the proceeds going to charity. The two events I am competing in are the "DoubleCross", which will be two Solo AutoX runs on street tires, then two RallyX runs the next morning on dirt tires. Times from all four runs added together, lowest time wins. Immediately proceeding those RallyX runs will be the Rallycross Against Leukemia event, which is our regular points event.

The Sentra will continue until the 2011 Championship's end in December. Starting in September, I am setting to work on my new project on the side. This will become my permanent daily driver / rallycross vehicle, where I will be starting in Stock AWD for the 2012 NER Rallycross season. Unless I somehow destroy the Sentra, at that time I am hoping to sell it to someone else who wants to get started in Rallycross. It's been a fantastic car for it! I just want more competition in the form of a much higher attendance in the Stock AWD class, and the fact of the matter is that I want a Subaru again. :mrgreen:

DSCF1358.jpg

Last edited:
Ooooooooooh...pics pics pics!

Racing Against Leukemia; Help a Great Cause!
-Someone has already donated! Right on!

Racing Against Leukemia is a weekend-long charity event with all SCCA Programs hosting events, with all of the proceeds going toward research to find a cure. If you are able to help donate to a great cause, check out the above link! Thank you so much.

As for current progress, I'm looking forward to a great weekend coming up. New wheel bearings are going on the car today as preventative maintenance.

RAL Weekend starts on Friday, when I start my first ever TSD Road Rally. I managed to find a lady friend to be my navigator; neither of us have any experience in TSD Rallies so this ought to be hilarious!

RAL Weekend continues on Saturday with the DoubleCross. The DoubleX combines Solo(Autocross) and Rallycross with two runs of each discipline. Times for all runs are combined, lowest total time wins! Competitors can either find a co-driver and share a prepared Solo car / RallyX car for each, or just put some street tires on their Rallycross car as I'm doing. These will be my first ever paved competition run, looking forward to it!

Sunday morning is my regularly scheduled Rallycross points event!

Last edited:
AWWW YEAHHHH! :p

New wheely bearings! Well hot diggity!
DSCF1379.jpg

DSCF1384.jpg

DSCF1387.jpg

A new challenger arrives! Someone new registered in Stock Front for Sunday's RallyX, looks like I'm going to try outrunning an Eagle Talon TSI. :mrgreen:

I also managed to raise $130 in donations so far for the Racing Against Leukemia charity!

RAL Weekend was pretty damn epic. I'll let the video explain.

DSCF1400.jpg

IMG_5178res.jpg

DSCF1404.jpg

DSCF1413.jpg

DSCF1414.jpg

RAL Weekend Video (Complete)
-and-
[video=youtube;LjZiIAhkZ-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjZiIAhkZ-Y[/video]
RAL Weekend - Autocross Runs!

Here's some pictures from the weekend by Jim and Chris Muise!
BELMONTAUG20111104.jpg

BELMONTAUG20111118.jpg

BELMONTAUG20112262.jpg

BELMONTAUG20113118.jpg

BELMONTAUG20112062.jpg

BELMONTAUG20113346.jpg

BELMONTAUG20112059.jpg

Since I sold the Versa, the Sentra has been my daily driver. I am currently first in championship points for the 2011 NER Rallycross Championship in Stock FWD, two more events this season so let's see if I can hang onto that lead!
BELMONTAUG20112063.jpg

DSCF1434.jpg

The Sentra should hold up just fine for the final races, and at that point I am hoping to sell it to another person who wants to start Rallycross, or even sell it to a 24 Hours of LeMons team for $500 ($300 if they will let me be a driver for an event!). I just want the car to stay in motorsport; to be honest I would rather see it get smashed up at a LeMons race than sell it to some random person who will scrap it the morning it fails to start.

Know any LeMons teams looking for a car? ;)

Here's the new project, which will also become my daily driver starting in 2012. 1992 Subaru Legacy AWD, 5-speed of course. Look at that clean interior! Owned by the same couple for the past fifteen years, they sold it to me because the clutch is going and they just got a brand new Legacy. I drove it 100+ miles back home without incident, drives fantastic as long as you baby the clutch. The tan interior brings back great memories of my dad's '92 Legacy AWD, owned way back before I even had my driver's license.
DSCF1355.jpg

DSCF1363.jpg

DSCF1360.jpg

This fall I will be doing a bunch of work to it because it's going to become my permanent daily driver starting in 2012. Motor's coming out, and in is going a new clutch, timing belt/water pump, gaskets, seals, along with all the belt-driven accessories. Doing some rust repair over the weekend to remedy the typical quarter-panel rust. After all is said and done, it will be time to start the 2012 NER Rallycross Championship in Stock AWD! Really looking forward to a much larger class even if, in the beginning, I don't do as well as I have been this year. Also happy about becoming a Subaru owner once again!

This is my rudimentary idea of how I am going to have the "livery" laid out on the car.
LegacyLargeTemplate.png

Looks like once the Sentra is done with Rallycross duty after December's event, a team of NER Rallycross drivers (myself included) will be stripping the car of what little extra weight it has, and taking it to compete in at least one 24 Hours of LeMons race. More info once details are worked out further.
DSCF1004.jpg

I would much rather see it get messed up in a LeMons race than sell it to some schmuck who'll junk it the first time it doesn't start!

Edit: Due to the other people investing in a Stage Rally car, the LeMons Sentra project is canceled. Going to sell the Sentra for $500 to another SCCA member

Last edited:
LeMons! YAY!

Don't have much time to write because I'm on a public computer, don't have broadband at the apartment yet. But, it was a great day on Sunday with another 2nd place finish and still first in points with one event to go!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnLfzW_v7sg[/YOUTUBE]

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389a.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg