Schumacher Officially begins testing F2007 at Barcelona

I think its a bad thing, almost everyone improves, on the first day the track doesn't have much rubber on it, which means less grip, which means slower times. So really Jenson should improve on the second day. Maybe he sort of sets a goal, and when he reaches the time goal he just sort of cruises.
Maybe that explains Honda's pace last year "Alright, we're 3 seconds off pace guys, just hang back and cruise!"
:lol:

Schumacher to test in Jerez! Woo hoo!
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/11/7123.html
Schumacher to test again for Ferrari

Just a week after he made a triumphant return to Formula One testing for Ferrari at Barcelona?s Circuit de Catalunya, it has been confirmed that Michael Schumacher is to test again for the Italian team.

Schumacher, who retired at the end of the 2006 season, is expected to be in action at the next multi-team test which will take place at the Spanish circuit of Jerez next month.

It is understood the seven-time world champion will spend two days behind the wheel of the F2007 as he continues to assist the squad with their 2008 preparations.

At last week?s test in Barcelona the 38 year-old clocked the fastest time on both days he was in action. Since his retirement, he has remained part of the Ferrari family and attended several Grands Prix this season in his role as ?special advisor? to the Italian team.

They should cut the crap and just hire him again...as a racing driver...

Michael Schumacher has won a karting event hosted in Brazil by his former Ferrari team-mate Felipe Massa.

In the southern city of Florianopolis, the retired seven-time world champion started race one of the International Challenge of Go-Kart Champs - in front of a crowd of 10,000 - just fourth, but quickly moved up into second place before overtaking the leader Lucas di Grassi.

In the second race, transmitted live by the Brazilian TV station O Globo, the 38-year-old German had a few touches but fought up to sixth place after the top-eight from race one was reversed.

Renault test driver Nelson Piquet Jr had secured pole, ahead of names including Luciano Burti, Rubens Barrichello, Antonio Pizzonia, Ricardo Zonta, Luca Badoer, Tarso Marques and former Honda sporting director Gil de Ferran.

Tonio Liuzzi, meanwhile, had pulled out of the event amid his search for a formula one seat for 2008.

Source GMM
? CAPSIS International

I'm pretty sure they'll give him the race seat back if he ever asks for it.

Michael Schumacher has won a karting event hosted in Brazil by his former Ferrari team-mate Felipe Massa.

In the southern city of Florianopolis, the retired seven-time world champion started race one of the International Challenge of Go-Kart Champs - in front of a crowd of 10,000 - just fourth, but quickly moved up into second place before overtaking the leader Lucas di Grassi.

In the second race, transmitted live by the Brazilian TV station O Globo, the 38-year-old German had a few touches but fought up to sixth place after the top-eight from race one was reversed.

Renault test driver Nelson Piquet Jr had secured pole, ahead of names including Luciano Burti, Rubens Barrichello, Antonio Pizzonia, Ricardo Zonta, Luca Badoer, Tarso Marques and former Honda sporting director Gil de Ferran.

Tonio Liuzzi, meanwhile, had pulled out of the event amid his search for a formula one seat for 2008.

Source GMM
? CAPSIS International

Anyone know where we can see these races? I'm coming up with nothing. :(

I suppose it is.

Im reading James Allen's Schumacher biography at the moment though. Very revealing insight into the man and I suggest you pick it up sometime.

Former champ tips Schu to race again

Thursday, 29, November, 2007, 13:53

Former world champion Alan Jones believes Michael Schumacher?s return to the cockpit of a Formula 1 Ferrari in testing may whet his appetite for a full-time racing comeback.

The 38-year-old German retired from F1 competition at the end of 2006 but showed he had lost none of his peerless skills when he took part in the post-season Barcelona test earlier this month and set the fastest time on both days he ran.

Schumacher is set to test the Ferrari again at Jerez next week, but has ruled out a race return, insisting his decision to retire is ?irrevocable?.

But Jones, who retired from F1 in 1981 and subsequently reversed his decision, reckons Schumacher may find the temptation to race again too difficult to resist.

?After nearly a year out of the saddle, I can image him thinking, ?Maybe I?d like to have another go,?? Jones told this week?s Autosport magazine.

?It must be just like coming back from an extended Christmas break.

?He used to take a couple of months off at the end of each season, so another few months won't make a big difference. Two or three years might have done.

?It?s a win-win situation: Ferrari gains from his expertise and he enjoys it.

?And you can never rule out a comeback ? he might be thinking, ?I?m really enjoying this!?

?Money won't be his motivation; it will be to prove a point.

?Niki Lauda was out for several seasons and came back and won the title. Michael could do the same.?

Jones doesn?t think Schumacher?s age or the fact that he has been out of F1 for a year will prevent him being fully competitive.

?You don?t stop being a good racing driver in just 10 months,? he said.

?Michael didn?t go to bed one night and forget to drive a Formula 1 car ? the only thing he might have lost is motivation, not ability.?

Schumacher?s former rival Mika Hakkinen says the seven-time champion will have been buoyed by his undiminished pace.

?Is he missing racing? The answer is probably yes,? said Hakkinen.

?Doing competitive lap times probably satisfies his feeling and he?s happy he is still competitive.?

Source

Interesting...I wouldn't mind seeing him race again.

Yeah, Hamilton vs Schumi would be very similar to Senna vs Schumacher, both racing in their own world...

Only thing wrong with that article Devon is that its from the brain of Alan Jones.

Anyone know where we can see these races? I'm coming up with nothing. :(

Yep. It's on youtube. Someone posted it in my video request topic :) British Eurosport carried the races as live, I didn't know it was on so I missed day1.

I think this picture is from this event.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/04/Pics.jpg

Nope. Ross Brawn is in it.

Class of 2006:

L-R - Luca Badoer, Jean Todt, Felipe Massa, Michael Schumacher, Luca Montezemolo, Ross Brawn, Gilles Simon, Rory Byrne, Paolo Martinelli, and Aldo Costa (I think...)

Super looking car as well, is it too late to add that into the beautiful F1 cars thread? :p