Schumacher Returns! (On second thought, no he doesn't)

Ferrari is clearly catching up, i'd love to see Michale win at least one race this year, even the podium would be great for a 40 y/o.

pff, i don't know if this is a good thing or not.

Sniffpetrol comes in handy :D

schumachers0811.jpg

I see, but now that it is interesting, the talented one is back :D

I agree with everyone else on the point that this is some very, very exciting and refreshing news and gives a nice boost to F1 after all the political mayhem that's been going on.

However I do have my doubts about wethre this is actualyl a very good decision on Schuey's part. Let's face it, the man hasn't driven competetively in 3 years, hasn't driven an F1 car altogether save it for a couple of tests and hasn't driven the current F60 at all. This very similar to people drooling over the thought of Pete Sampras making a comeback to the ATP. Of course motorracing isn't the same thing, since the physical aspect doesn't play the big part like it does elsewhere, but 3 years is along time to be gone: Shuey has the skill, everyone knows that much, but that skill has to be maintained constantly in order for someone to be a top contender.

Skill doesn't go away just like that, but it does get rusty. I also think Schuey has nothing to gain from this, but everything to lose. This will only dent and stain his legacy, because I fear he's not going to do all that well.

On a sidenote, I find it amusing how everyone blamed Schumacher for making F1 boring and fans rejoiced when he finally quite, because F1 could get interesting again. And now that he is coming back, it is like the second coming of Messiah.

This is seriously interesting news.

Edit: but who's going to be the tame racing driver now that he's busy with F1 again? ;)

Last edited:
I certainly didn't expect this :jawdrop:
I'm VERY curious.

I agree with everyone else on the point that this is some very, very exciting and refreshing news and gives a nice boost to F1 after all the political mayhem that's been going on.

However I do have my doubts about wethre this is actualyl a very good decision on Schuey's part. Let's face it, the man hasn't driven competetively in 3 years, hasn't driven an F1 car altogether save it for a couple of tests and hasn't driven the current F60 at all. This very similar to people drooling over the thought of Pete Sampras making a comeback to the ATP. Of course motorracing isn't the same thing, since the physical aspect doesn't play the big part like it does elsewhere, but 3 years is along time to be gone: Shuey has the skill, everyone knows that much, but that skill has to be maintained constantly in order for someone to be a top contender.

Skill doesn't go away just like that, but it does get rusty. I also think Schuey has nothing to gain from this, but everything to lose. This will only dent and stain his legacy, because I fear he's not going to do all that well.

On a sidenote, I find it amusing how everyone blamed Schumacher for making F1 boring and fans rejoiced when he finally quite, because F1 could get interesting again. And now that he is coming back, it is like the second coming of Messiah.

I agree, we all know him as 'the unbeatable' driver in F1. it's quite a risk to go and race again, if you make a hash of it people you will lose a bit of your credibility as f1 driver.

I have to say I thought about that as well, and if we know it then Ferrari most likely also thought about Schumacher's rusty-ness. So I think this is just a way for Ferrari to grab some (positive) attention.

Or this is all just a conspiracy where Schumacher has been testing secretly knowing that Massa would be taken out because of sabotage and that Schumacher can drive once again. Not very likely though... :p

This is reminiscent of Mansell's comeback.

Let's hope it will be reminiscent of Nigel's last two 1994 races rather than the 1995 ones.

EDIT: People on other forums say that the Ferrari website has just crashed... :lol:

Well, you gotta differentiate that a bit. Schumi made F1 boring, because he pretty much always won and at times made it to his next title long before the season was over. Now, he gets into a car that arguably isn't quite up to date, hasn't been serious in F1 for a long time and is hardly in any condition to go for the title. Thus, he will be a nice addition to an already interesting, nicely shuffeled field. Saying that he will make F1 more interesting is, in this case, very true.

Funny observation of sorts.

If Schu takes 2nd or 3rd in a race, headlines will say "He's still got it"
If Schu takes a win, headlines - "The King is Back".

but who's going to be the tame racing driver now that he's busy with F1 again? ;)

TG is going off air for the summer, due to return in the fall. Formula One season is done in October.

Coincidence? I think not.

If Kimi can take a Ferrari to the podium... who knows what will happen.

Yeah, right. If you ask me he has nothing to win but everything to lose. If he finishes 5th or so the doubters will say: I always knew he wasn't that good.

Everyone expects a win now despite the Ferrari's pace.
I also think Schuey has nothing to gain from this, but everything to lose. This will only dent and stain his legacy, because I fear he's not going to do all that well.

100% agreed.
The moment I heard of this I thought "what a stupid move". :|
He is one of the very great figures of sport, with an astonishing myth around him. And I don't think he'll be able to top that with this return, he's far more likely to sully his own legend with the stain of mediocrity.
I mean, it is actually already an achievement if he gets into the front of the field considering all those things Brother Michael already mentioned, but I can promise you, if he doesn't deliver top results there'll be hordes of people shouting "AHA! You see, he's not that great! It was only down to the car before!", and that'll only hurt his amazing legacy.

If you conciously decide to go ahead and quite while you're still on top of your game, you shouldn't come back a few years later when neither you nor your team are... :(

That said, those are just my fears, maybe he will actually pull it off and shut up all the doubters - who knows?

Well, you gotta differentiate that a bit. Schumi made F1 boring, because he pretty much always won and at times made it to his next title long before the season was over. Now, he gets into a car that arguably isn't quite up to date, hasn't been serious in F1 for a long time and is hardly in any condition to go for the title. Thus, he will be a nice addition to an already interesting, nicely shuffeled field. Saying that he will make F1 more interesting is, in this case, very true.

And let's clarify that even further, it wasn't just Schumi. It was Todt, Brawn, Byrne, Stepney, Schumi and Ferrari money.

I think too much praise for that epic run is heaped on Schumi's shoulders. He's a fantastic driver, but unless it all comes together, even the best driver in the world isn't going to win 5 titles with one team.

Last edited:
that will be interesting,
and he have nothing to loose, if he didn't did go well everybody will understand that he is out for 3 years and etc, and if he did go well then... :)

and he have nothing to loose, if he didn't did go well everybody will understand that he is out for 3 years and etc, and if he did go well then... :)

Personally, I totally agree with that. The benchmark on whether "he has still got it" will for sure be Kimi's performance.

This season has been totally bat-shit insane... :roflmao:

Last edited: