Schumacher to star in Asterix movie

jensked

Movie wil be out end january. Looking forward to it! I love Asterix, the comic books anyways.

Artist impression, the movie will be real life.
schumi-asterixm.gif

http://movies.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1135451.php

Valencia, Spain - Real Madrid footballers David Beckham and Zinedine Zidane and German Formula One driver Michael Schumacher will have small roles in an upcoming movie 'Asterix at the Olympic Games,' Spanish press reports said Tuesday.

French actor Gerard Depardieu will continue to play Obelix, the fat friend of the clever Gaul Asterix who defeats the Romans with the help of his magic potion.

Asterix is played by Clovis Cornillac. The film will also feature Claudia Cardinale and Alain Delon as Julius Cesar.

The 78-million-euro (93-million-dollar) movie directed by Frederic Forestier and Thomas Langmann will be the most expensive in European film history, reports said.

Aster-what?

Aster-what?

:eek:

(In fairness, Asterix is a very European thing).

Asterix is a series of comic books (bandes dessin?es), originally published in French since the 60s, and now translated into a load of languages worldwide. There have been 33 main books so far, along with several animated films and one real-life action film (which was the highest-budget French film ever).

Set in Roman times, based around a small village of Gauls (ancient French) still holding out against the Roman invaders. I think they're great books, myself - when I was young I was really into them and made my family drive me to almost every library in Glasgow just to find the last few in the series.

Aster-what?

You would LOVE Asterix. I don't know anobody who doesn't enjoy the Asterix comic books. In Belgium and France it's huge (in France there's an Asterix theme parc), I don't really know if it's as popular in other countries.

Especially the "ancient" names are funny: for example the druid that makes magic potion is called "Getafix"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asterix

Some unrelated scans...

Asterix and the British:
vikgben.jpg

britain_doubledecker.jpg

Asterix in Switzerland:
AsterixInSwitzerland_p19.jpg

Last edited:

Asterix is a series of comic books (bandes dessin?es), originally published in French since the 60s, and now translated into a load of languages worldwide. There have been 33 main books so far, along with several animated films and one real-life action film (which was the highest-budget French film ever).

Set in Roman times, based around a small village of Gauls (ancient French) still holding out against the Roman invaders. I think they're great books, myself - when I was young I was really into them and made my family drive me to almost every library in Glasgow just to find the last few in the series.
Actually, there are 2 Asterix movies: in the first one they fought the Caesar and in the second one they were building Cleopatra's castle and the Romans tried to stop them (don't blame me for not remembering the plots properly :mrgreen: ) Personally I think that Asterix series is fun (although there has only been one comic book in my language so I haven't read them all that much. But I liked that one book :) )

Asterix is teh awesome!!!! I believe I have the entire collection of the comics.

Asterix is simply brilliant. I have all the comics burned on DVD e-versions. Love them.

I dunno why, but South Africans love Asterix, we get them on a whole bunch of our newspapers and magazines.

personally i prefer snoopy more.