• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Schumacher Vs Jeff Gordon?

I think it may be on Speed channel, but just as an hour long recap. I would definately prefer a European take on the race because Speed is just going to focus on the American (Nascar) team. :?

The title of this thread made me shit my patns in laughter. Hahah. Come on, there IS no comparasion!

JEFF: "Whoa whoa whoa! WTF is that?!"
MICHAEL: "That's what we Europeons call a 'right' turn."

nascar is not car racing, its another type of a roller coaster

logo said:
nascar is not car racing, its another type of a roller coaster
IMHO, Nascar is one of the most exiting forms of motor racing because it values "near" equality between cars over technology.
This causes the racing action to be pretty close and intense.
Of course as with ANY sport, if you don't pick a favorite or if you decided you don't like it before actually watching more than one event, then naturally, you won't like it.

(Runs for cover :lol: )

I find it rather boring...sorry

Schmacher...hey theres a video of him that i have

Its Mc/Merc F1 vs. E class vs. A class and they obvious have different timed starting

I still don't quite understand why some people don't like Nascar racing where races are sometimes decided by a few thousands of a second and in the last race of this year 5 people could still become champion, and the same people like the car cruise that is F1 racing these days.
But then again, you like what you like and no amount of convincing or arguing will change that.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
ESPNSTI said:
I still don't quite understand why some people don't like Nascar racing

Here's why: (pretty funny)
http://joked.com/view.php?id=246&item_nr=17&total=853
With my slow ass connection, that'll be a while before I can see that (plus it's streaming video which I dispise (direct linky?)).
But is "it's a redneck sport" the reason?
Because if it is, that's hardly a good one.
Besides, that will become less and less true, for example this years champion was from Las Vegas and last years was from Wisconsin.
Hardly redneck states.

I prefer WRC to Nascar as well, but it's a close second.
F1 racing however, doesn't even come close for me.
I used to like it (in the Prost / Senna / Piquet / Mansell / Arnoux / Lauda years), but I haven't watched it in a few years because it was really boring.

There is the redneck factor to Nascar - the commentators are annoying, the fans are a little "rural", but I could get past that.

The cars don't seem to be race cars to me. I don't see the point of taking the body from an 80's family car to race.

The tracks are ovals - Different corners test a driver's skill more than just the same one all the time.

I admit I haven't watched it more than a few minutes, so I'm not really very informed. I agree too that F1 has been a snore lately.

My motorsport of choice is Moto GP. The rider seems to be a greater part of the equation.

To each his own though 8) .

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
I admit I haven't watched it more than a few minutes, so I'm not really very informed.
This is what I think might be true for most people that dislike Nascar.
Yes it's all ovals and left turns and stuff, but once you've watched a race or two, you'll find out that there are a LOT of nuances to it, that make it great to watch.
Of course what is important is that you HAVE to pick a favorite, otherewise NO sport is fun to watch.
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
My motorsport of choice is Moto GP.
Yes that is great to watch :) .

I have watched a decent amount of nascar, but I still don't find it interesting. I prefer the turns, etc in all the other motosports. I do realize all that goes into the driving, but I just can't stand to watch it. Personal opinion, tho, so no harm.

I used to think the same as z2so4 but I've changed my mind on the sport. Maybe not the greatest form of entertainment, but it's good entertainment. And it still has characters in the sport, not just nameless guys who drive around track.

I don't think that you have to pick a favourite to enjoy a sport personally. I never do. Except maybe in football.

Anyways, on the NASCAR front. The only reason I really don't enjoy it is because it is lap after lap of the same thing, the only times it gets exciting is when there is either a crash or a battle for first. I still watch it though, even though the commentary is incredibly annoying and half the time I can't understand a word they are saying. I also don't like the fact that they skip so much.

F1 is my favourite motorsport simply because of the coverage. ITV's coverage is extremely high quality and as long as this remains so, it will be my favourite. I just wish there was an equal coverage on motorsports which in my opinion are better, such as GT Racing or Touring Cars (pref GT Racing).

Also, on the WRC front, I don't find this interesting as there is only ever one car on the screen at once and it completely loses the competition aspect in that regard for me.

Also, on the WRC front, I don't find this interesting as there is only ever one car on the screen at once and it completely loses the competition aspect in that regard for me.

its an exciting race against the fastest time!! wow, the excitement of WRC :| :roll:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've noticed that rallying is really a love/hate sport. Those who understand the sport really like it(like I do) but those who don't understand it just think it's stupid. I think "understand" isn't the best word for it, but I hope you get my meaning.

From all motorsport drivers/riders I think I respect rally drivers the most. At least oldskool rally drivers from mid-eighties to early nineties when rallying was still rallying, not just short sprints around a few pieces of road like it's today.