Schumi III

MadCow809

Forum Addict
'Schumi III' makes racing debut
22/04/2008 09:16

The German media already has a name for Michael Schumacher's nine year old son - 'Schumi III'.

Following in the footsteps of father 'Schumi' and his uncle Ralf ('Schumi II'), Mick Schumacher has kicked off his racing career with a low key kart event in Spain.

The local press said the choice of Spain was to "flee the media pressure"; a claim borne out by the fact that the name on the entry list was 'Mick Betsch', an attempt for anonymity by the use of his mother Corinna's maiden name.

Seven time world champion Schumacher, 39, did not attend the race, as Mick was accompanied by his paternal grandfather, Rolf.

The Spanish newspaper Diario AS published a photo of the youngster at the wheel of his racer - believe it or not, an 'Alonso Kart' - wearing the familiar Schumacher helmet, but painted all blue.

He finished his two races at the Sils circuit, near Gerona, tenth and eighth, and Mick Schumacher will also participate in the next three rounds of the competition.

source

If this kid has got his dad's talent and c u n t clean driving style:rolleyes:, I will be supporting him in 10 to 15 year's time. :cool:

Let's hope he can live up to the mighty Schumacher name. Michael is the greatest F1 legend IMO, the kid is gonna have to get used to all high expectations from Schumi fans and the media.

Last edited:
Well it seems to be the trend these days to enter the family business. Who have we got this year?

Nico Rosberg
Kazuki Nakajima
Nelson Piquet

We've had a few in the past, but is this the most ever F1 sons in one season?

Well it seems to be the trend these days to enter the family business. Who have we got this year?

Nico Rosberg
Kazuki Nakajima
Nelson Piquet

We've had a few in the past, but is this the most ever F1 sons in one season?

Maybe.

But they all useless.

Only Damon Hill and his dad, Graham Hill pulled it off.

Well Jacques Villeneuve (the son, not the brother) wasn't entirely rubbish either. He at least managed to win a championship.

But his father didn't.

Even though both of them are brilliant F1 racers.

Wasn't Andretti's lad some kind of Champion of roundabout driving in America before coming to F1 to crash a lot?

They got it wrong - 'Mick' will be Schumi II - because, you know, Ralf doesn't really count...

They got it wrong - 'Mick' will be Schumi II - because, you know, Ralf doesn't really count...

Ralf wasn't really THAT bad, well okay.. pretty bloody awful. :p

But look at Nakajima, he is worse than Ralf.

Ralf wasn't really THAT bad, well okay.. pretty bloody awful. :p

But the thing is, he wasn't. I remember back in 1999 he was many people's candidate for driver of the year. He had some simply stunning performances in that Williams FW21 and completely obliterated his team-mate. In the years before that, he was quick, but also very accident prone. 1999 is where it all came together and he looked like World Champion material. Then he just seemed to get bored (around about the time his Williams contract was renewed for millions upon millions of dollars), and in the end, yeah, he was pretty terrible.

Nico Rosberg is hardly useless.

Definetely not, but he is not Championship material like Damon Hill.

But the thing is, he wasn't. I remember back in 1999 he was many people's candidate for driver of the year. He had some simply stunning performances in that Williams FW21 and completely obliterated his team-mate. In the years before that, he was quick, but also very accident prone. 1999 is where it all came together and he looked like World Champion material. Then he just seemed to get bored (around about the time his Williams contract was renewed for millions upon millions of dollars), and in the end, yeah, he was pretty terrible.

He has his moments, just a shame its not always consistent and you've said it... In the end.. he was pretty terrible.

Which one?

:lol:

Definetely not, but he is not Championship material like Damon Hill.

Many people, who are actually involved in F1, disagree with you. He was Mclaren's first choice to replace Alonso, and they made a huge bid for him. Frank Williams won't let him go for any amount of money, and that's a quote.

Many people, who are actually involved in F1, disagree with you. He was Mclaren's first choice to replace Alonso, and they made a huge bid for him. Frank Williams won't let him go for any amount of money, and that's a quote.

Speak for youself. I've been watching F1 for yonks, and Rosberg hasn't done anything specatuclar enough to be the top 5 drivers of the current field.

Hence, he is not championship material, at least not in 2008.

I'm not disputing the fact that he is talented and can drive a F1 car properly, but that doesn't mean he is WDC material.

You have been watching F1 for yonks and yet you haven't learn't the simple fact that if the car isn't quite quick enough to challenge the others in front of it then its very difficult to show just how good you are!?

Nico is only in his third season with Williams who are on a slump, yet he has dragged that car in to positions it shouldn't have been on more than one occasion. He must have something if Williams and Mclaren had a minor squabble over him, but hey you have been watching F1 for yonks so you must know more than they do!

I liked Damon Hill don't get me wrong, but he only got the results he did because of the team he was in. (and admittedly he did make good use of the equipment) Plus back then it was easier to make an impression in weaker cars. If Schumacer and Hakkinen had made their debuts in Super Aguris this year, they would have still been at the back no matter what.

Last edited:
Exactly. Like Gilles Villeneuve, perhaps the fastest man the world has ever seen.

Many people thought and still think Damon Hill wasn't WDC material either. He was driving THE car of the time. Jacques came in in his first year and almost took the title from Damon. Damon is a great driver and I am very glad he won a WDC, but to use him as the basis of a definitive argument is perhaps not entirely wise.

MadCow809, you speak as if winning a WDC is the be all and end all. Some of the greatest drivers have never won one.

No, I didn't mean that. But what I was trying to say is that all the greatest drivers have done something spectacular, like winning a race from the back of a grid, or pull some incredible overtaking maneuver. You know, the moment of glory where it leaves all the spectators' jaws dropped and commentators speechless.

Exactly. Like Gilles Villeneuve, perhaps the fastest man the world has ever seen.

Totally agree, but Nico Rosberg isn't Gilles Villeneuve level. So what are you trying to prove here? Every driver who hasn't won a title is WDC material?

Both Nico and Hamilton are meh... they are not terrible, but havn't done anything amazing to win my heart yet.

I'm expecting something like Kimi's mind blowing performance in Suzuka. And Alonso, how he have the balls and talent to stop Schumi's winning streak. Or Nigel Mansell and Senna's countless battles in 1991.

There are too many good drivers out there. Mark Webber, Jenson Button are all top drivers, when you have a group of excellent drivers, young Rosberg's talent and skills tend to be neglected, until he can pull something out from his bag of talents, he isn't a WDC material IMO.

And Damon Hill was teh bestest IMO. He should have got 2 titles, but evil Schumi fucked him up in the Aus GP, but such is F1 life. And I respect Schumi for pulling a move like this and be proud of it. He did everything he could do just to win the WDC, I respect that kind of attitude.

Last edited: