Farscape,
Heroes,
Sanctuary,
Quantum Leap,
Andromeda,
Life on Mars (UK)
EDIT:
Merlin

I might have missed one or two...but any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Last edited:
Actually, I started watching Next Generation now...I don't know if it is wrong, but I started the Star Trek franchise with NG.

EDIT: And thank you for replying!

Doctor Who is always a classic. VG IMO.

The UK version of Life on Mars is brilliant.

I would recommend Battlestar Galactica any day.

Battle Star Galatica == BSG

honestly Chvvkumar other than space above and beyond (which i will whole heartedly second) i can't think of anything you have missed barring a whole raft of shitty early 90s sci-fi like TimeTraxx etc.

That is what I feared, I think I have run out of good (Sci-Fi) shows to watch. Any suggestions in the fantasy department?

How is the Legend of the Seeker? I read the whole sword of truth series and really liked it (although it was somewhat tedious in the later part of the series). Does the show do justice to the books?

EDIT: Add merlin to the list too.

Actually, I started watching Next Generation now...I don't know if it is wrong, but I started the Star Trek franchise with NG.

EDIT: And thank you for replying!

TNG is definitely not a bad place to start. You may want to watch some episodes from the first season of The Original Series (TOS) just to get some background. Season 2 and 3 of TOS went from good to decent to just ridiculous. They were losing viewers and even canceled at one point. So they were kind of forced to dumb down considerably. Actually I would recommend the entire first season, I thoroughly enjoyed all three seasons but the first was by far the best.

TNG had a much stronger storyline with more characters and more interesting situations. If you really like TNG, I would also highly recommend Deep Space Nine.

Torchwood is decent. I enjoyed Jake 2.0 (but it only ran for like one season). Jeremiah had it's moments (especially the second season), and it was created by the Babylon 5 dude. You didn't mention LOST, not sure if you consider it as Sci-Fi.

Buffy/Angel are my favorite shows. Supernatural is very good.

I know i'm missing something, I just can't think of anything else right now.

How is the Legend of the Seeker? I read the whole sword of truth series and really liked it (although it was somewhat tedious in the later part of the series). Does the show do justice to the books?

Allow me to put my thoughts into words regarding "legend of the seeker"

ahem....

FUCK THAT FUCKING PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT...

I swear they didn't even read the source material and instead just looked at the cover art and maybe they read the backs of the books....

Last edited:
TNG is definitely not a bad place to start. You may want to watch some episodes from the first season of The Original Series (TOS) just to get some background. Season 2 and 3 of TOS went from good to decent to just ridiculous. They were losing viewers and even canceled at one point. So they were kind of forced to dumb down considerably. Actually I would recommend the entire first season, I thoroughly enjoyed all three seasons but the first was by far the best.

TNG had a much stronger storyline with more characters and more interesting situations. If you really like TNG, I would also highly recommend Deep Space Nine.

The thing is, I started downloading the whole thing (~60GB) which I guess will take atlleast 2-3 weeks to complete. I guess I have to put off seeing TNG till the download finishes and watch Space Above and Beyond in the meantime.

Torchwood is decent. I enjoyed Jake 2.0 (but it only ran for like one season). Jeremiah had it's moments (especially the second season), and it was created by the Babylon 5 dude. You didn't mention LOST, not sure if you consider it as Sci-Fi.

Buffy/Angel are my favorite shows. Supernatural is very good.

I know i'm missing something, I just can't think of anything else right now.

Hmm...Lost..Liked the 1st season but somehow lost it after that. Got bored of the really slow story movement.

As for Buffy and supernatural, I did not like Buffy that much (It was my first Fantasy series) and same with supernatural too.

Allow me to put my thoughts into words regarding "legend of the seeker"

ahem....

FUCK THAT FUCKING PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT...

I swear they didn't even read the source material and instead just looked at the cover art and maybe they read the backs....

He he...I think it is the same with almost all books to TV cases. Hated the tv version of "A Wizard of Earthsea" and "The Last Templar" (especially in the beginning - I stopped watching the episode the instant Tess gets on the horse and chases after the riders)

Last edited:
Something different, how about the old Twilight Zone? One of my all time favorite shows, but it's different from the other shows you listed.

Neither sci-fi nor fantasy, but "Tour of Duty" is one of my all time favorites.

Funny you mentioned that! I was just finishing reading Chickenhawk!

I think that is the end of some real life war stuff for me till some time...

Something different, how about the old Twilight Zone? One of my all time favorite shows, but it's different from the other shows you listed.

Twilight Zone? Hmm... how is it? I mean after all these years, is it still watchable like SG-1 and Quantum Leap?

Last edited:
The budget was crap, but Blake's 7 is a must. The last season was ridicules, but otherwise a fantastic show. Terry Nation's finest.

He he...I think it is the same with almost all books to TV cases. Hated the tv version of "A Wizard of Earthsea" and "The Last Templar" (especially in the beginning - I stopped watching the episode the instant Tess gets on the horse and chases after the riders)

There was something about the way Mira Sorvino kept smiling that irked me. I watched the entire thing, but it was a struggle. A couple of weeks ago I caught The Librarian: Curse of the Judas chalice. It was actually pretty good.

I somehow forgot to mention Red Dwarf. Better catch up for the Easter return.