Science

You're right guys, I fucked that up. It's actually 18,123 years. The 159 million was the same in hours, I forgot to calculate back to years there. I corrected that above. Still, not exactly a journey to be made on one tank, not even in a Scirocco TDI. :whistle:

Last edited:
how can those outer planets make that orbit?
they go towards sun/earth, and suddenly they're pushed away?

Exactly. That is how the church would have you believe it worked in the days before they admitted science had a place in the world.

http://www.nature.com/news/einstein-s-gravitational-waves-found-at-last-1.19361
One hundred years after Albert Einstein predicted the existence of gravitational waves, scientists have finally spotted these elusive ripples in space-time.
In a highly anticipated announcement, physicists with the Advanced Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO) revealed on 11 February that their twin detectors have heard the gravitational 'ringing' produced by the collision of two black holes about 400 megaparsecs (1.3 billion light-years) from Earth.

I like the rubber ducks better.

It's logical, but now my head hurts... :?

I don't get how you can pull the "ring" hole towards the edge of the sphere and create a Y shape. You're connecting two completely separate planes. :S

EDIT: nvm, it's all 1 surface...

Last edited:
i don't get what he's trying to prove?

For a couple of years (and thx to the internet), there has been a big effort within the social sciences (mainly psychology) to make their field actually deserving being called 'science' and it no longer being the laughingstock of actual scientists.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replication_crisis#Psychology
People are bringing math and basic scientific methods to the table. Other People (who have been in the field for decades) are freaking out about that. Science meaning being a sceptic and actually questioning something? Fuck that noise! (these people say).
The cherry on the cake goes to a professor and former editor in chief of the APS Observer (a important journal in psychology) calling those who demand that social sciences honor the "science" part in their name (most of them being professors and phds themselves) "a mob, vigilantes, destructo critics" and accuses them to utilize something she calls "methodical terrorism".

Read about what one of these "terrorists" (Professor of statistics and political science, and director of the Applied Statistics Center at Columbia University!) has to say to that while he also gives a great overview what has happened in the field in the last decades. It?s long, but it is well worth a read to see how some academic/intellectuals in the field are actually fighting against proper scientific methods and just HOW BAD it is in the social sciences. It?s not always the stupid people that are ignorant ...
http://andrewgelman.com/2016/09/21/what-has-happened-down-here-is-the-winds-have-changed/

Last edited:
For a couple of years (and thx to the internet), there has been a big effort within the social sciences (mainly psychology) to make their field actually deserving being called 'science' and it no longer being the laughingstock of actual scientists.
Sheldon, is that you? :rolleyes:

Random science thought. And a movie related one too.

I wonder if Stephen Hawking has ever wished that he sounded more like Joshua in War Games?

When it was time to replace his vocalizer with a more modern system he had a choice of every possible TTS voice, but he got so used to the original they had to digitize the old one (still analog) and add it to the new system.