"Scientist dies in GWiz that imploded after crash."

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
After the last death I posted, maybe I shouldn't post another?
Please try and keep it civil, someone died.

A leading scientist died when the tiny electric car she was driving ?crumpled and imploded? in a crash, an inquest heard yesterday.
Judit Nadal?s G-Wiz disintegrated in the collision with a much heavier Skoda Octavia whose driver survived.
The death has added to concerns about the safety of the G-Wiz which is exempt from standard vehicle testing because it is classified as a quadricycle due to its low weight and limited power.
The hearing was told Mrs Nadal was late for a parents? evening at her 11-year-old son?s school and was not wearing a seatbelt as she thought it would crumple her clothes.

article-0-0BBA342D000005DC-513_468x286.jpg

Judit Nadal died in the crash after her car, a G-Wiz 'crumpled and imploded' when it collided with Skoda Octavia. An eyewitness described the car's reaction to the impact as 'illogical'

article-0-0DA5A40700000578-933_233x353.jpg

AA president Edmund King said: ?When the G-Wiz has undergone safety tests it has failed appallingly. We have raised concerns about this because even though it is meant for driving around towns, you can cause devastating injuries when just going at 30 or 40mph.?

PC Simon Keeling said he couldn?t tell how fast the cars were travelling as the Skoda was a ton heavier than the G-Wiz.
Mr Walker said: ?What concerns me is that this vehicle was destroyed in this collision in a way that I have not seen a vehicle destroyed before.?
Dr Nadal suggested that his wife might have misinterpreted the traffic signals and Dr Walker will recommend that the sequence should be changed at the A41 Hendon Way junction with The Vale, near Golders Green. He recorded a verdict of accidental death.
Mrs Nadal was director of the Proteomics Facility at Imperial?s Institute of Biomedical Engineering. Proteomics is the study of proteins and can help find the cure to many diseases by identifying the proteins in human cells.
Dr Nadal described the G-Wiz, which is made by the Indian firm Reva, as ?a lovely little car for pottering around London? which needed to be driven with an ?appreciation of risk? like a motorbike. He added: ?It is very much not the vehicle to have a collision with another car in because they are obviously very flimsy

You have to feel for the other driver, he killed someone. If she was in a 'real car' he wouldn't have to live with that everyday.

Link

She really should have been wearing her seatbelt (not sure if it would help). They really need to take these things off the road they are NOT real fucking cars!!!!

They really need to take these things off the road they are NOT real fucking cars!!!!

They really do... in an effort to "save the planet" we've lost someone who can actually make an appreciable difference.

She really should have been wearing her seatbelt (not sure if it would help). They really need to take these things off the road they are NOT real fucking cars!!!!

Judging by the picture I have doubts about the effectiveness of a seatbelt if the thing it is attached to (the car) turns to dust on impact. Without a sturdy B-pillar holding it back the seatbelt can not hold you back either.

Also, :nod:

Judging by the picture I have doubts about the effectiveness of a seatbelt if the thing it is attached to (the car) turns to dust on impact. Without a sturdy B-pillar holding it back the seatbelt can not hold you back either.

Also, :nod:
This. A seatbelt does you no good if your car literally splits in half in an accident.

I'm honestly surprised these things are still allowed to be driven on public roads in Britain.

this is just awful, and indeed an example of why these are a bad idea. Here the closest equivalent I can think of is the GEM, and thats restricted to areas with 35 mph speed limits, so basically culdesacs, corporate/college campus' and the like: wiki "neighborhood electric vehicle" I'd link it but I dont know how to paste on this darn thing....

edit: apparently the g-wiz is sold here.....my God....D:

this is just awful, and indeed an example of why these are a bad idea. Here the closest equivalent I can think of is the GEM, and thats restricted to areas with 35 mph speed limits, so basically culdesacs, corporate/college campus' and the like: wiki "neighborhood electric vehicle" I'd link it but I dont know how to paste on this darn thing....

edit: apparently the g-wiz is sold here.....my God....D:

Actually, such things are banned from the public streets in most of the US. They're imported as golf carts, essentially, and that's the use you're describing. The Feds say that it doesn't meet FMVSS and therefore can't be sold as or used as cars.

Actually, such things are banned from the public streets in most of the US. They're imported as golf carts, essentially, and that's the use you're describing. The Feds say that it doesn't meet FMVSS and therefore can't be sold as or used as cars.

yah but still, the fact that someone, somewhere, in the US has a g-wiz is terrifying, public streets or not lol.

This should give ammo to have these "electric golf carts" taken off the road. She shouldn't have lost her life in one of these things which can now literally be called a death trap.

It's worse. Their petrol-powered twins are coming. 45kph limited scooter-based four-wheelers.

Almost all of the disadvantages of a motorcycle with none of the advantages. Not a very smart mode of transport. Even an (ugh) actual scooter would have been a better choice.

To quote the Bloodhound Gang: "Save the planet and kill yourself"

Aren't a lot of these hippies not getting kids because of overpopulation et cetera? Them driving these deathtraps will get them one step closer to their goal then. I'd say that's a good thing.

Almost all of the disadvantages of a motorcycle with none of the advantages. Not a very smart mode of transport. Even an (ugh) actual scooter would have been a better choice.

Yes, but roof, apparently people are deathly afraid of getting moisture on their clothes, almost as much as wrinkling them with seatbelts.

Aren't a lot of these hippies not getting kids because of overpopulation et cetera? Them driving these deathtraps will get them one step closer to their goal then. I'd say that's a good thing.

Yup, Darwin in action.

Yes, but roof, apparently people are deathly afraid of getting moisture on their clothes, almost as much as wrinkling them with seatbelts.

446px-BMW_C1_FF_200_%28frontale%29.jpg

Weirdly, the C1 pictured above was claimed to be as safe in a head on collision as your typical contemporary small Euro-market compact car, as well as some side impact protection with that big safety cage it had. If she'd been on the C1, she might have survived.

That said, yeah, people are stupid sometimes. :p

Last edited:
Well, that explains all the SUV's on the road as well.

Her PHD wasn't in common sense, then.

Some of those electric vehicles have to get exemptions from safety reg's before they go on sale. This sadly proves how dumb this is.

I almost slammed into one of these 20km/h cars in Germany on a b-road, came round a corner and completely underestimated how slowly that thing was going, I approached with 100km/h from behind, that was a close call.

To be honest, I have no problem with the woman, obviously being stupid by buying a GWiz and not wearing a seatbelt for such a logic to be gone, I am just sorry for the kid.

My thoughts exactly, a scooter is a cheaper and a better option because you don't need to sit stuck in traffic.

People worried about getting wet just need to carry one of these under their seats (like I do).
shanghai_snow_scooters.JPG

Last edited: