Scrap Monaco, pleeeeeaaaaseeee!

I think, quite rightly as Clarson said somewhere, that if points were given for overtaking, then F1 would become very, if not one of the most watchable motorsports events of all time.

good idea or point for laps lead or something (though given what usually happens one driver will have like 11ty billion points in one race)

kekekeke, you have the right ammunition, but you're aiming at the wrong target. F1 itself is what needs a makeover, not the series calendar.

I say get rid of traction control, ABS, and semi-automatic gearboxes; bring back proper manual gearboxes with a stick and clutch that you have to use for every shift, fat slick tyres, and growly V8s that sound like constipated bears fighting. Then we'll have a much more watchable racing series.

F1 doesn't use ABS... and if I remember correctly FIA did some research wether or not they could bring back old skool manuals... no. Bernie I think said that F1 has surpassed such ancient technology. ^_^

The cool thing about Monaco is that it brings back some of the danger element of F1's history. If you take a corner too fast on one of the modern circuits, the worst that will probably happen is your call will have to be towed out of the gravel. At Monaco, you're lucky if your car survives even the smallest mistake. This track was also the most influential so far this season in regards to the new tire regulations. It was actually a fairly key part of a winning strategy whereas in the other races it seemed more of an annoyance than anything meant to improve the race.

And was it just me, or did Schumi seem really bored looking on from the sidelines? :p

It's a historic track and all, but offers no racing entertainment. The only passes that were made today were under blue flags.

Bullshit, Raikonen made a whole bunch of passes. Maybe its hard to make passes at Monaco, but Schumacher showed its not impossible last year.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCJt9lGmxFM[/YOUTUBE]

At least 6 of schumacers jump in places were due to retirements last year and 4 for kimi this year. and obviously a faster car is expected to pass slower cars like super aguris, hondas, toyotas etc.

At least 6 of schumacers jump in places were due to retirements last year and 4 for kimi this year. and obviously a faster car is expected to pass slower cars like super aguris, hondas, toyotas etc.

Took forever to pass the Super Fast Honda though :D

Im starting to think that nothing in Formula 1 excites kekekeke!! So what if Schumacher moved up 6 places due to retirements. He still got from last in pitlane to 5th. Which means he passed 9 cars on track.

you sure about that? i am sure he jumped a few during the pit stops as well.

:yawn:

That's all I have to say. :p

I'm guessing you missed the 2005 race. Remember when Trulli in a do or die manouever stuffed it up the inside of Fisichella at the Grand Hotel hairpin? Sure he wrecked his car, and ruined Fisi's race, but it was a ballsy move nonetheless! What about Heidfeld on Alonso? Webber on Alonso, Schumacher on Barrichello...

That was one of the most entertaining races in the last ten years and it didn't even rain!

I'm guessing you missed the 2005 race. Remember when Trulli in a do or die manouever stuffed it up the inside of Fisichella at the Grand Hotel hairpin? Sure he wrecked his car, and ruined Fisi's race, but it was a ballsy move nonetheless! What about Heidfeld on Alonso? Webber on Alonso, Schumacher on Barrichello...

That was one of the most entertaining races in the last ten years and it didn't even rain!

2005 was a great race. 2004 was an exciting one too with plenty of incidents, (and I know you don't like him) and while he didn't pass him in the end, Buttons charge up to the back of Trulli was exciting.

Scrap F1 I say, my god what a boring sport. How anyone can find this entertaing is beyond me. And before you start bitching, I use to be a big f1 fan, but watching it these days is torture.

F1 fans, whats the atteraction?? And don't give me that crap about it being the pinnacle of motorsport..

does this make you a outcast in italy?

i wouldn't say its boring, its just really really hard to relate to

as a example of what im saying goes, the american TV series "The Daily Show" bores the hell out of me, i know its a entertaining show for some people, but its just not for me

Last edited:
wow scraping Monaco, stupidest comment ever. Sure, this race wasn't too exciting, but look at the past and see how much Monaco has entertain us in F1.

I watch Formula 1 because I think it is the greatest sport in the world. Ignoring the politics involved, I find the racing, including the boring races, and the way the strategies play out to be fascinating. I could watch F1 every single second of every single day. People that don't get F1 these days are the sort of people that only watch motorsport for the crashes and don't get just how on the edge of perfection these cars are. There is much more to F1.

As for scrapping Monaco, thats one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Yes, the track doesnt suit these modern cars, but it is such a great circuit. Formula 1 without Monaco is like Amsterdam without the sex and drugs!!

scrap Monaco?

You sir, are the equivalent of the eco-mentalist. A bug that needs to be squashed.

Agreed. This thread is stupid, just becuase this year's race was dull doesn't mean it should be scrapped, there have been many exciting races at Monaco in the recent past...