Spoilers: Season 1 spoilers

Surely must be Jezza driving that american thing.

From the filming:

CtVQ9I3WgAEURsy.jpg

CtVQ9I7WcAA8OXD.jpg

CtVQ9I4WEAAaav1.jpg

https://twitter.com/thegrandtour/status/780619169385615361

Filming in Whitby with some boats crashing behind the tent.

Figured this should go in the spoiler section
Hammond, Clarkson and May found a new racing driver.
[video]https://youtu.be/MYJZG5Og2yg[/video]

I heard there was going to be a racing driver in the new show. Maybe it will be sacked stig.

I almost hope it is.

It's interesting how that Clarkson, Hammond and May footage keeps getting confused for Grand Tour footage when it's been around for some time now. Though it was previously just some camera recording. I mean there was one video where you could see them wheeling in that big ball the motor cycles ride around in to set up for the next part of the show. I'm not sure they have room for a "Ben Collins" on the Grand Tour actually, since they don't have a fixed track the power board is out of the question so if they are ever to compare lap times they could do it anywhere with anyone.

The most recent Sunday times by Clarkson states that they have a driver and a track to test with. They have it. It just won't be called the same thing and they can't use "The Stig" as anname

The most recent Sunday times by Clarkson states that they have a driver and a track to test with. They have it. It just won't be called the same thing and they can't use "The Stig" as a name

Is "The Stig" copyrighted?

Maybe they could do Star in a moderately priced car. Actually I'd find it hard to believe that the BBC now owns Dunsfold.

Maybe they could do Star in a moderately priced car. Actually I'd find it hard to believe that the BBC now owns Dunsfold.

They don't -- it's a lease arrangement. Thing is, Dunsfold has become so identified with BBCTG that no other TV production can take it over for the purpose of speed-testing cars for broadcast. So no Fifth Gear at Dunsfold.

This is a film made for and shown at the Clarkson, Hammond and May Live arena shows in 2015

Alright, my mistake, as you can see, it showed up as GT not TG.

- - - Updated - - -

The most recent Sunday times by Clarkson states that they have a driver and a track to test with. They have it. It just won't be called the same thing and they can't use "The Stig" as anname
RAF Wroughton, a former airfield near Swindon,
The Stig is intellectual property owned by the BBC, along with the The Cool Wall, SIARPC and Dunsfold.
And "The News" , its just easier to say that if it was used on TG, they will have to find a different way of doing it, and or changing it just enough. Heck, even James saying cock sounds to be an issue for TGT