Season 13 Start Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Series 11 (and all other spring/summer series) started in late may or june as well, can't see any relation to the cut/BBC politics here (or am just missing the humour in Cobol's post cause i'm tired).

What i can see it that it did never make sense to start the series before the Snooker World Championship cause this would mean a two-week break for TG anyways. Coupled with TG live and the fact that the boys need some holidays, too, Viper's argument of time needed for filming sounds much more reasonable.

From what I remember, series 4 finished in August, and series 5 started started near the end of October, two and a half months later! And it had 9 episodes too lol.

I agree with Dr. Grip and Mr. Viper though, it never really made sense. I was just listening to the horses mouth (a bad idea maybe?):p.

From what I remember, series 4 finished in August, and series 5 started started near the end of October, two and a half months later! And it had 9 episodes too lol.

It was almost a full three month. And keep in mind that this was a) before TG live and b) you can get more shooting done in the summer (even while the spring/summer series runs) than in winter due to the better weather. There's nothing preventing you from shooting a supercar track test on monday or tuesday and recording a show on wednesday...

Last edited:
It was almost a full three month. And keep in mind that this was a) before TG live and b) you can get more shooting done in the summer (even while the spring/summer series runs) than in winter due to the better weather. There's nothing preventing you from shooting a supercar track test on monday or tuesday and recording a show on wednesday...

Very good point. TG are limited from using the track on certain days of the week. If I remember correctly, they can only use it for 2 or 3 days maximum, including the filming on the Wednesday - This may also vary at different times of the year.

BTW, I'm liking how it says "live topic" next to this thread:p

Last edited:
What i can see it that it did never make sense to start the series before the Snooker World Championship cause this would mean a two-week break for TG anyways. Coupled with TG live and the fact that the boys need some holidays, too, Viper's argument of time needed for filming sounds much more reasonable.

Not to mention time for other TV projects, especially in regards to James and Richard.

Also a three-month gap between Series 6 and 7. Of course, 2005 was the last year before TG Live came about.

And yes, more can be filmed in the summer months than in the autumn/winter ones.

I'm thinking all the March references were really in regards to the beginning of filming stuff for Series 13, not the start of the actual series itself. But because this wasn't qualified/clarified...enter the Land of Confusion. :nod:

I'm thinking all the March references were really in regards to the beginning of filming stuff for Series 13, not the start of the actual series itself. But because this wasn't qualified/clarified...enter the Land of Confusion. :nod:

Maybe I should bring it up with Andy in 12 days time and see what he says :p.

They also do much more elaborate segments now than going for a little drive in a new car.

I do agree. It seems like the show has a bit more theatrics as the seasons progress. The challenges are becoming more and more.....well....epic. Expense and coordination would have to be more costly I'd imagine.

Well 2 weeks to go, I guess the trailers should start appearing soon and we will have a bit more idea what is going to haoppen in the series. This has felt like a really long wait this time.

I just checked out the Radio times Schedule for when TG is supposed to be on. It says "To Be Announced" between 9pm and 10pm, with some program before it. I'm guessing this is where TG will be and I'm also guessing the BBC have pushed them an hour.

I just checked out the Radio times Schedule for when TG is supposed to be on. It says "To Be Announced" between 9pm and 10pm, with some program before it. I'm guessing this is where TG will be and I'm also guessing the BBC have pushed them an hour.

That would be post-watershed, then?

HELL YEAH!!!! I finish my exams on the 23rd so this is a perfect gift for me.

Seriously, I'm counting down the days.... Can't wait

sadly I won`t be able to watch it until someone uploads it <_<
or maybe I can watch it online??
*crosses fingers*

Andy Willman in his blog said:
...it doesn?t matter if your pony has one trick as long as it does that trick really, really well, and more importantly, it really cares every time it performs that trick. And immodestly, I can say to you all, we still really, really care about what we do.

The fire we have inside about giving you good telly burns as fiercely as it did in 2002. So sit back and enjoy Top Gear 13, the same old shit.

YEAH! I can't think of any better way to describe Top Gear....ever!

Why is it the seven weeks before TG drag by....and the seven weeks OF TG fly by?:cry:

Updated listings are now out on Digiguide

Sunday 21st June 8pm Top Gear
9pm James May's Moon Landing

Blurb of the first ep is up on the Radio Times Schedule:

Top Gear Sunday 21 June
8:00pm - 9:00pm
BBC2
Motoring news and views. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May compete in an epic London-to-Edinburgh race, setting out to discover what Top Gear might have been like 60 years ago. James grabs himself a gorgeous old Jaguar XK120 sports car, while Richard chooses to torture himself on the Vincent Black Shadow motorbike, and Jeremy takes the Tornado, a new steam train built to the blueprints used to create some of Britain's finest locomotives in the heyday of the railways.

Status
Not open for further replies.