Season 13 Start Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all i have some news when top gear will be back
i get the top gear magazine monthly and in the February it has the month of the show returning which is in June but no date yet so that march rumour is officially gone
now we have to wait longer now :(

I noticed that at the bottom of the articles in the 'Faces' section - "Top Gear returns in June". So I suppose March would make sense as a point to start the serious business of putting the new episodes together, and hopefully it means it won't be a mad, frazzled, chaotic process. I did get the feeling everyone was a bit 'stretched' during series 12 so fingers crossed they'll have a more comfortable time of series 13.

But this is a good thing. Think of the withdrawal everyone would be going through if they did air in March and having to wait till the usual winter series.

But this is a good thing. Think of the withdrawal everyone would be going through if they did air in March and having to wait till the usual winter series.

So we have a 5-6 month wait now during the miserable winter months instead of having the summer to take our minds of the fact that there is no TG? If you think about it March or June makes no difference from that point of view.

At least a June run gives them more time to film stuff in better weather, and more time in general so we don't have the slightly rushed air of series 12.

whatever time they choose to be back on air, it'll be great to have them back!
like you, mineworksfine, I am rather torn between preferring the long wait now for TG in june or the long wait after TG in march... best do something in between then.
honestly, I don't really care when they will be back, as long as they will be...

my top gear mag was true anyway in June top gear will be on one of these day Sunday 7 June/Sunday 14th June/Sunday 21 June and Sunday 28 June so watch these days when it may come back
btw sorry if iv been gone i was on other sites posting on topics

I know this has nothing to do with the time period but just throwing it out there, I would really like to see Jeremy review the atom 500 in the next season. It looks awesome and seeing that the Caterham 500 topped the power board I think that the atom would easily top it.

A movie reviewer in Melbourne was on a local AM radio station, thinks that SBS will play the next series of TGUK in mid-April.

I would say that this is the time TGUA S2 will start.

Yeah, they'll stop TGUK to play TGA and then back to TGUK until the new series is ready to go.

Hurry up June....for the love of all you hold sacred....please

The sooner it starts mate the sooner it's over. June will be good, just the thing on a cold night, A good brew and Top Gear. Perfect night. :D

I hate to brag, but I often read TG mag before it's even printed, 'cos I work on the data prior to printing plates being made :D

I wonder how many episodes we will get. I'm hoping for 8-10 (If you look at the amount of episodes from previous seasons it should be like 8).

Yeah. I guess I'm a bit like Top Gear.

it'll have to be a "cost-efficient" series... didn't I read somewhere their production budget is getting cut big time in light of economic crisis?

Last edited:
it'll have to be a "cost-efficient" series... didn't I read somewhere their production budget is getting cut big time in light of economic crisis?

This has been discussed over and over. Their budget was _not_ cut, but also not adjusted for inflation, which means that effectively, they got less, which is why they will do one "bottle show" next series.

A movie reviewer in Melbourne was on a local AM radio station, thinks that SBS will play the next series of TGUK in mid-April.

Then he obviously has no idea what he's talking about. As series 2 of TGUK is about to finish, SBS will be showing the first half of TGUK series 3 through April until TGA returns with series 2 in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.