Season 13 Start Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure they don't just film in between seasons, so they probably already have a lot of footage.

Yea looks like they do, as in season 12 there is the video about BTC. Which is actually shown in the intro too season 11. :cool:

Any time TG is back in the air is good news for me. And when someone says it will be earlier than later, my joy knows no bounds.

Andy had blogged that there will be one episode, where they will have no money to do it with (budget cuts 'n all!). I hope they run it this time. Usually that ends up being a pretty good one. I still remember that old one with James playing the Keyboard and the first top gear award.

[Happy Memories] [Drifts off!]

Yeah, they should really go zero budget. Replace the news set with a card table and folding chairs. The star could be someone pretending to be their cleaning crew.

Could be brilliant.

Much as I would like to see TG back as soon as possible, realistically I think it would be better for them to take their time. A couple of blogs/posts here have talked about how rushed they were to get serires 12 out in 8 weeks, and how they are all getting a bit jaded with the pressures of filming+tour+other shows and individual commitments. I would prefer to see them wait until May/June and give themselves a little breathing room, so the resulting series is higher quality and they do not start to lose the "magic" from simply spending too much time on TG.

Could it be a Comic Relief special though? That's usually around March time I thought.

I think it's time for Top Gear to review a cheap, sensible car that speaks to the British people for it's luxury, grace, and modesty.....

... the Dodge Viper ACR
112_0803_01z+2009_dodge_viper_acr+front_view.jpg

Last edited:
Just had a thought guys, which might reduce the bickering somewhat.

The World Snooker Championship will be taking place between April 18th and May 4th. As this event is normally covered on BBC2 and often conflicts with Top Gear that could put a 6 episode run finishing on April 12th, in which case it would start on March 8th, assuming they don't interrupt a series with snooker for two weeks which strikes me as a move too far. If it turns out to be May then we'd probably be looking at a start date of May 10th.

I'd personally prefer a May start as otherwise we've only got a break of 9-10 weeks before the next run but then, potentially, over 6 months for series 14. It would also give them more time to produce some quality stuff for series 13 rather than rush out a load of tat in a few weeks while they are still on tour.

Credit Crunch Bites Top Gear - Budget Cut for 2009

Credit Crunch Bites Top Gear - Budget Cut for 2009

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090102.009/credit-crunch-bites-top-gear---budget-cut-for-2009
The next season of Top Gear will feature a reduced budget that viewers will unfortunately notice according to producer Andy Wilman. In a posting on the Top Gear blog, he stated that cutbacks at the BBC have affected all shows on the network and his show would not be immune despite the fact that it is the second most-watched program on BBC Two.

Wilman went on to say that "...there is no fat to trim off the show, in that we waste almost nothing behind the scenes and the old cliche of every penny goes on screen is actually true." This most likely means that some of the more elaborate stunts and trips will be scaled down or the number of them in the season will be reduced.

Top Gear just wrapped up the current season by airing a Christmas special that was filmed in Vietnam while an earlier episode in the season featured a trip to America where the show was forced to buy a Dodge Challenger SRT8 because Chrysler declined to give them one.

BAD NEWS :(

I would prefer that they take their time as well, but they did take forever to get Season 11 out, and that was one of their weaker efforts IMO. I would guess that Season 13 will be 6 episodes, keeping with the tradition of having 1 6-episode run per year started with Season 7.

If you watch the series 12 introduction, you will notice some clips that never made it into the series, so some of that could be used in series 13. Andy Wilman also stated they would like to keep it to 2 series a year, one being 6 episodes and the other being 8.

why cant we just have tg every week... ive watched every ep so many times im about to get slightly sick of them...

Hah you're not alone there. I can pretty much quote all of them. There are just no other shows that are so watchable

Yeah, they should really go zero budget. Replace the news set with a card table and folding chairs.

You know....that's not really a bad idea :) That would really emphasise the credit crunch AND generate a few laughs.

Perhaps the running joke for the next season would be budget-y stuff. Homemade gifts for each other which, naturally, go terribly wrong. Dodgy wardrobe choices, etc. There's heaps they could do.

And as for the start date - as much as I love the show, I too would prefer to see it start later than March. They are very busy doing TG Live and really, if they can take their time, they should.

Oh boy I do hope it features some actual reviews of actual cars!

I wish they did more normal car reviews.

Because it'lll be made by the loveable, it will be funny... even without the Royal Marines.

The Marine segment was my favorite of the season. All Marines are brothers even if they work for a foreign country. We also claim the FFL too.

I hope it's March 1st, because I'll be in London then and nothing would make my trip more complete than being able to watch Top Gear at 8:00 on the BBC just like all you Brits do :D

Status
Not open for further replies.