Season 24 Starts Filming In September(airs Spring 2017), With The 5 Remaining Hosts

It actually looks pretty decent, with those three as the main lineup. So now we get to see the Grand Tour AND this new version of TG (thankfully without Chris Evans!). I would say that is a win-win!

I have to admit those three look like they may make a watchable show for me. I could not stomach watching woody woodpecker on the last series. I watched 3, but didn't care to see the rest.

Plan to give this version a shot.

Nice that the Guardian has come to the same conclusion I (and others) have already come to in 2015.

Watched the last 2 episodes of season 23 today, and despite hating Evans, that was still better tv than TGT.

Then I watched the first episode of S24, and it got even better :)

As I was watching this "new" new topgear, something strikes me as i was drawing some comparaison with topgear France :
The constitution of the presenters is the same : you have one actor ( Mat Leblanc, Phillippe Lelouche) one semi professionnal driver ( Chris Harris, Bruce Jouanny) and one media man ( Rory Reid , Yann Larret-Menezo alias Le Tone).

yep. And you had the same with Top Gear USA.

one actor (Adam Ferrara) one semi professionnal driver ( Tanner Foust) and one media man ( Rutledge Wood).

True. The difference being that only Adam Ferrera was actually funny, Rutledge was a little awkward but generally OK-ish, and Tanner Foust was downright unbearable... And the challenge-centric format was crap.

I think Matt/Chris/Rory is doing a good job and as result season 24 is a surprisingly entertaining car show.

I speed through the most of the couch section, which I don't find particularly enticing except for LeBlanc's enthusiasm for farming equipment (which is genuinely funny). And I'd like to see a little more of Rory. But solid thumbs up from me for 5 episodes I've see so far :) - which is actually more than I could honestly say about CHM TG in the latter years.

Last edited:
i hated Adam Ferrera, such an annoying prick!

at least Tanner Foust knows how to drive, and Rutlegde has a passion for cars
besides some childish gibberish, Adam Ferrera didn't add anything to the show