Season 3 - Finalgear Road Car League

pdanev

Forum Addict
Season 2 is about to end, followed by a summer brake which is necessary since most of us go on holiday, go home to visit parents/family, get a summer job etc etc etc.

After that it's season 3 time. To spice things up a bit, and to have a change here's what's new.

1st of all the reasons for the new plan:

- The autumn season isn't that long, compared to spring/summer season. Meaning we can't have a very long schedule, there are not enough rounds to use up all the cars, and to keep the "use every car" once rule.
- Change is always good, something new is always appreciated.
- Have even closer races.
- Attract more racers.

Season 3 will be based only on 2 car classes. GTI/GT and TBOs (RB4/GTT/FXO). Since less cars are used, people will have more experience with them, resulting in being more faster and comfortable with these cars. These cars are also easier to handle, compared to LX6, GTRs etc. So hopefully more people will join, and since everyone will be more familiar and experienced with these cars as we race them more often, it should make races much closer, bringing in more fights on the track.

The challange & learning process in this will be:
- Fight for every fraction of the second.
- Perfect your driving line.
- Learn how to drive under pressure.
- Get better at close racing.
- Think about how & where to overtake a person that is lapping the track at the same pace.
- Defend yourself from the person that is pushing behind you throughout several laps.

Accompanying the "master plan", is also the fact that I chose relatively short and tight tracks, which should make races even tighter.

We could also do only 1 car class throughout the whole season, but that would becoming somewhat boring.

The car usage rule is the following:

Car Restriction GTI/GT: If you go for car A on Track X, then you have to use car B on Track X Reverse. That is, if you e.g. take the GT on FE Club, you have to take the GTI on FE Club Reverse.

Car Restriction TBOs: You have to use every car twice. You have to use all the cars, in order to use the same car again. That means you have to use up all the 3 cars, before you can take a car for the 2nd time.

The official schedule & lap numbers.

http://img520.imageshack.**/img520/4061/schedule9rg.jpg

edit:

Race format stays the same.
7-8min Qualify
10min Sprint Race
1hour Feature Race, starting in reverse finishing order, with 1 compulsory pit.

The reason for the rather early planning of season 3 is that I will be gone for the summer. I will leave to Bulgaria in about a month to visit my family. After that, early August I'm moving to Singapore for 1/2 a year, and I don't know how much I will be involved in LFS then, as it's very likely that I will travel a lot.

I consulted with FireFox and MXM about the new season, they are ok with it, so we're not going to have an endless pole/discussion about how to organize the new season. :)

Comment, ask questions if something is unclear etc.

PS: I hope that even more people will join the next season, in particular some old racers like Swek for example, who disliked the weekly new car & new track challange.

Oh, November 4th is an open date, where a Team VS Team race can be scheduled, or we can simply call it a mid season day off.

Yep. 7-8min Q, ~10min Sprint, ~1h Feature with reverse finishing order start and 1 compulsory pit.

Even though I personally dislike the gt/gti, as well as short and tight tracks, this all makes perfect sense to me, so I'm all for it. :thumbsup:

I would like to see a second 'open" week though, perhaps between the forward and reverse gt/gti races.

Should be possible, we have to start 1 week earlier though, Sept 2. Do you guys think you'll be done with summer business and be back to normal life by that time?

woohoo this is what I like, I personally do not like GTR classes that much, they are wayy too fast to be competitive, you screw up a tiny bit and you're far behind...

Btw, as I said, I don't know how involved I'll be in LFS while I'm in Singapore, so I asked Viper to give FireFox mod power for the lfs section (which he already did), just in case I'm not around. :)

I'll premake all the race posters, finish up all the skins, make an excel results/points template etc, so that all is done for this season in advance.

:thumbsup: :mrgreen: :D :woot: :cheers: :drool: :wicked: :mouse: :thumbup: :dance: :banana:

Csn you tell I am ecstatic? THanks Peter, I appreciate it.

pdanev said:
Btw, as I said, I don't know how involved I'll be in LFS while I'm in Singapore, so I asked Viper to give FireFox mod power for the lfs section (which he already did), just in case I'm not around. :)

I'll premake all the race posters, finish up all the skins, make an excel results/points template etc, so that all is done for this season in advance.

thx pete... Viper really gave the job to the best person around here, I think you can beat all of us put together in organizational skills :lol:

ha, great, I finally get a computer that's good for this game, and I have to wait two months for a new season! Oh well...

^good time for practice, some of us are really fast (not me :x ) :p

These car classes are just more fun for close competition, so i'm quite happy with this set-up :)

I think I'd like to join in on this one. Shouldn't have any exams or anything like that over the Autumn, so one night a week should be fine. I've spoken to some of you before about racing, and have raced some before, but if you need to look me up on LFSW I use the same username as here.

What time do you race from? I'm not very good and can't be arsed waiting till mid morning just to be embarassed.

^We usually meet around 19.00 DK-time, so it is one hour more or less :unsure: I'm rubbish at international times :p

FireFox said:
Practice:
19:00 CET
11:00 PST
17:00 GMT

Q & Race:
20:00 CET
12:00 PST
18:00 GMT
:)
Cool, shud be able to race then. Better get some practice in.