Season 3 spoilers

Rutledge has said on twitter (several times) that Season 3 will be 6 episodes in August. I imagine that it will be another split season with some in August/Sept and some more in the winter/spring.

phYMh.jpg

I'd put it at mid-to-late August at earliest. No way they're going to start S3 during the Olympics, either. They'll get crushed.

Although, I haven't heard anything about studio filmings. Especially since the premier date is so close. They either A; got rid the studio audience, which I doubt, or B; they will be filming days before each new episode, which seems possible

i certainly hope that they're not dumping the studio audience, because I for one love how the inside of the studio looks; and it's always a big deal to rile up the audience when posting a lap time.

That being said, the Orange County Great Park doesn't have a filming session listed on its events page, so anything could happen.

The show is still listed on the On Camera Audiences website, but it hasn't been updated.

Well, that's big let down. But hopefully, I'll be able to the next studio tapings later this year.

Stumbled across this just a moment ago.

Summaries for the upcoming six episodes (found under the "Top Gear" tab):

COP CARS
It's the battle of the big 3 as the guys compete over which is the best new cop car to replace the Crown Vic, in a series of madcap challenges around Detroit, Michigan. The winner gets to race the fastest Cop Car in the country ? the Corvette ZO6 ? in an action film style chase through the Long Beach docks as he tries to catch a 'perp' riding the ultimate escape vehicle.

OFF ROADING IN RENTAL CARS
Do you really need an expensive 4x4 to go off road? The guys don't think so and to prove their point use 3 classic rental cars and attempt to complete an epic journey on some of the toughest terrain in the country from Monument Valley to Moab.

FARMING
The guys head to rural California and attempt to help a farmer in 3 of the biggest tractors on the market. It quickly descends into chaos as they try to transport livestock and heavy equipment and complete farm chores. We then review the fastest 'tractor' of them all ? the new Lamborghini Aventador ? and see how its claims stack up in a race against a crop dusting plane.

OVERLOOKED CARS
Could you own a classic car and not know it? The guys each get a car that they think is seriously undervalued and set out to rehabilitate its image before creating a Live commercial in San Diego and attempting to make money on it. The two losers have to entertain two celebrities in a crazy race in equally crazy vehicles, and it gets out of control fast.

ONE TANK OF GAS
How far can you get on one tank of gas? The guys find out as they race from Portland, Oregon to San Francisco without being able to fill up. Whoever makes it closest gets the chance to drive the toughest off road machine in the world in a high-octane race in the remote Colorado mountains.

SMALL CARS
Small cars work in the rest of the world but will they ever work here? The guys try to answer the question and travel to Louisiana to take them out of their natural home on the narrow city streets of New Orleans and deep into Cajun Country where they have to hunt and survive alongside the locals. Whoever did the worst in their car suffers the humiliation of having to drive the world's smallest car for a day in their home town.

So, essentially we're going into a two-thirds challenge, one-third test sort of format? I kind of like that!

The new Charger is in plus the Aussie imported Caprice and the Ford Taurus Police Interceptor. Can't wait for the new episodes to start!

I'm gonna love that episode :lol:
Oh, and who thinks tanner gets the Taurus rut the charger and Adam the caprice?

Rutledge is the loser in the small cars challenge and has to drive the Peel Trident (which really isn't the world's smallest car, but it is the world's smallest two-seater).

He and Adam appearing on Good Morning America - Rutledge talks about his experience at the 2:30 mark.

Last edited: