Season 7 ideas/discussion

Season 7 ideas/discussion

• TBO - XRT, RB4, FXO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pdanev

Forum Addict
So, here comes the question again. What should we do for next season. :)

I?d propose something new. New as in having some ?theme? or something in that respect. The reason being is that I don?t know about you guys, but I need something ?cool? to keep me attached to LFS. There were no updates since I don?t know when, so unless there?s something ?funky/cool? in a league I don?t think I?d be interested. We did rotating schedules for many years now, which is all fine, but when the sim is not updated after a while it doesn?t float my boat anymore.

What I?d suggest is to have something like a touring car series. Either with TBO or GTRs. GTI/GT and XFR/UFR is fine too, I just think that having 3 cars to choose from is better, but I don?t mind the other either. The idea would be that everyone picks a car for the entire season, and sticks to it. Combos would be such that all the cars are equally competitive, so we wouldn?t have scenarios where car XYZ is ridiculously hopeless and doesn?t stand a chance. Cars would be also equally distributed among members so that we don?t end up with everyone taking the same car.

I think that having a mixed field of cars brings in some new factors. Each car is strong/weak in a different section of the track, you need to change your overtaking strategies, lines etc according to who you are fighting with.

Everyone could also stick to a different skin, I could take a few requests, or you could choose among the many available in lfs and on the lfs forum, or even public ones I made. Everyone would be recognizable from far as well. ;)

I?d also suggest having 2 shorter seasons till the summer, instead of one very long never-ending one. This will also insure in case you get bored with racing, next season comes and brings something new again.

Handicaps worked out fine I think this season, although I personally thought that sometimes they were a tiny bit less than perfect. So I?d say something like
3rd ? 15kg or 20
2nd ? 35 or 40
1st ? between 60 and 70

e.g. 15 ? 40 ? 70

I don?t know, I personally don?t have any other ideas. We did rotating schedules many times in many formats. We did a 1 car season ? FOX, not the most successful one I?d say. Though I?m fine if we pick a car for the whole season, as long as it?s a sensible choice so no BF1 or UF1 etc season. The problem with that is that e.g. if we pick fwd, then ? the people don?t like it because it?s the work of devil. If we pick rwd, then the other ? complains that there?s too much oversteer. If we pick FZ then ? the crowd will say they don?t like RR layout. In short, one car season would be hard to agree on so I?d say skip over that idea.

Well anything is welcome but please please keep things simple, reasonable and realistic. No complicated manoeuvres with ?1st this then that with x % restriction + x kg weight depending on this and the outcome of that bla bla?.

I'd like this to be agreed on soon, preferably before x-mas. Endless discussions never lead to anything, the problem won't be solved by itself as the thread ages so let's get this over with quickly.

Reactions: Jay
Not sure I completely grasp your touring car idea.
Do you mean that when we do a TBO's season, you'd have to declare your car (say RB4) and stick with that the whole season?

The one thing I'd like to change is the points system.
I'm not sure I like it the way it is, where the difference between 1st and 3rd is only 2 points.

As for the weight penalties, I love them, and I'd vote for the higher end of the scale (15-40-70).
I also think it might be nice to have some sort of historical weight penalties.
For example, if you have won a championship in the last 3 years, you will carry an additional weight penalty (say 5kg).

An interesting idea could be a combined GTR season, with the FWD GTRs and handicapped big GTRs (like on the CTRA Race 2 server). The big GTRs are limited to ~300hp and some weight added iirc. Anyway it is pretty fun to drive. The big GTRs are faster on the straigths, but on corners the smaller GTRs are better because of smaller weight, but all in all they are pretty equal.
With this there would be a lot of choice of different cars and racing would be very varied. Of course this would need some testing to get the handicaps just right and so that the tracks wouldn't all favor some certain car.

Last edited:
New weight penalties :thumbsup:

LX4/LX6 with the LX6 being restricted as geeman mentions.

I like the LX series... for some reason we have never raced in much in the past... but does anyone know if an update is coming soon?

^ and you are who? When did you race with us?

LOL Andy, you always pop up when a new season thread is up, but never actually race with us. Opinion discarded, strike that out from the record, the jury shall not take andy's comment into account. :p

ESPN, correct. If we take TBO e.g., and you go for RB4, you race only RB4 during that season. Basically we pick a class, X, and everyone picks a car from it using only that throughout the whole season.

I don't personally like restricted GTRs, even though I've suggested that in that past once as an idea. I personally miss GTRs for the higher performance and speed. But this is just my personal preference...

PS: I also like the historical 5kg handicap idea! :thumbup:

:lol:

Well, I don't really have any ideas, but I have some critique! ;)
I didn't like wind and I didn't like weather changes. I loved the weight penalties though!

I am also a bit sceptical about "one car for season" idea, mainly because I wouldn't like to make a choice between FXR and XRR for example. I'd like to learn XRR, but if I chose it, I'd perform far worse than in FXR, killing the last sparkle of enthusiasm towards lfs in me. And chosing FXR is just... well.. boring. Keeping this option open for every race is obviously less restricting. That's the negative side of this idea for me anyway. On other hand having somekind of "theme" is definitely a plus for keeping up the interest :)

How about sticking to one class only then, and making a theme around it?

As for weather and wind, I don't think they contributed a whole lot, after the 1st few races people learned to take it easy in the 1st laps to see where the wind was, after that it was business as usual. I'm fine with keeping it, I'm fine with getting rid of it... doesn't matter much imo. If I had to pick one I'd say keep it just for the "reality" factor.

PS: ESPN what do you suggest for point system, go back to 10-8-6 5,4,3,2,1?

Last edited:
LOL Andy, you always pop up when a new season thread is up, but never actually race with us. Opinion discarded, strike that out from the record, the jury shall not take andy's comment into account. :p

If you can make it interesting on the coming season... I don't see why I won't be joining :p

But about the Theme... what do you mean pete? As in doing an Aston theme and having a season just on AS Tracks with 1 class of cars? What about same make race? Everyone in the same car, don't think we've done it before.

Ohhhhhhh REALLY?????????????

Lets brush up your memory shall we, who suggested the FOX season? :p

How about sticking to one class only then, and making a theme around it?

As for weather and wind, I don't think they contributed a whole lot, after the 1st few races people learned to take it easy in the 1st laps to see where the wind was, after that it was business as usual. I'm fine with keeping it, I'm fine with getting rid of it... doesn't matter much imo. If I had to pick one I'd say keep it just for the "reality" factor.

PS: ESPN what do you suggest for point system, go back to 10-8-6 5,4,3,2,1?

With the amount of racers we have, it would probably be safe to go back to 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1.

I still think we need a Cater...I mean LX series :).

That would be a one car season then. Even if we restrict the LX6 its still essentially the same thing I think. The LX is not my favourite car for racing to be honest, but I don't mind.

I still think we need a Cater...I mean LX series :).
Might as well include RAC and FZ5 too, if we are planning to use LX6 that is. Altough I think LX6 is a bit faster in general than those too, so a slight weight or power restriction might be in order.

Come on guys, keep the ball rolling. What's it gonna be?

So far we established that people don't like picking 1 car from a class for the whole season. Ok, so we're back to 1 class season with some "theme" then (noone objected the idea of ditching rotating stuff). Which one?

LRF, TBO, GTR? I'm going to add a pole and hopefully end this topic.

I didn't get any opinion on the 2 shorter seasons (+ 1-2weeks off in between) till the summer instead of a long one.

Another point that seems to be agreed on is back to the old point system, 10-8-6.

What else? Bring on the ideas now, in a few weeks this season ends its holidays everyone is going home/travelling/vacation etc, I don't want to deal with this then and I'm guessing neither are you guys.

Definately shorter series, this ongoing is too long. I'd like a LX4 series or LX6/RAC/FZ5 series. For points 10-8-6 is better. No wind or low wind. Weight penalties could be bigger. I hope I can join the next series, rest of this series I have to pass due to work and other stuff.

I'm thinking about it.....

Come on guys, keep the ball rolling. What's it gonna be?

So far we established that people don't like picking 1 car from a class for the whole season. Ok, so we're back to 1 class season with some "theme" then (noone objected the idea of ditching rotating stuff). Which one?

LRF, TBO, GTR? I'm going to add a pole and hopefully end this topic.

I didn't get any opinion on the 2 shorter seasons (+ 1-2weeks off in between) till the summer instead of a long one.

Another point that seems to be agreed on is back to the old point system, 10-8-6.

What else? Bring on the ideas now, in a few weeks this season ends its holidays everyone is going home/travelling/vacation etc, I don't want to deal with this then and I'm guessing neither are you guys.

I don't mind any car/class. Sure the lrf is harder to control than the TBO's/GTR. I also like the GTR. Maybe the FXR is easier to control (4wheel drive). So what if we do 2 small series, 1 LRF and then GTR or otherway round. So 4th option: Run both series, LFR and GTR
Weight penalties could be bigger.
I think they are fine <_<

I picked the GTRs, but I'm ok with LRF, I just didn't pick it because I can't stand the RAC.

As for the wind / weather, I though the wind brought a bit of an interesting dimension to it, but the weather doesn't do anything other than make it a bit depressing (and I have plenty of that already in my life :) ).