Season 8 Schedule and Rules

Yeah I think I tried that password after I saw it in a thread. I also tried setting the version to Demo and S2 and neither worked. Demo gave me an error message and S2 gave me nothing. It tried to connect, then just went back to the join specific host screen.

EDIT: graemeh, you're running 0.5Y, the server is running test patch Y22. you need to upgrade to Y16+ in order to see servers which are Y16+.
odd, i hope that these server problems are why we didn't get any demoers. the server was patch Y19, i'm upgrading it to patch Y22, maybe that'll help.

Demoers and S2ers alike:
you must remember to install the latest test patches in order for you to be able to join our server. if you are still running the official LFS S2 0.5Y version, you are not able to see the server or connect to it. go to the test patch forum of the LFSForums and download the latest test patch (at time of writing, is Y22).

Last edited:
Demoers and S2ers alike:
you must remember to install the latest test patches in order for you to be able to join our server. if you are still running the official LFS S2 0.5Y version, you are not able to see the server or connect to it. go to the test patch forum of the LFSForums and download the latest test patch (at time of writing, is Y22).

I was running Y19, and I was able to connect, psdf was running the same version and couldn't connect :?

then i hope it's not a problem with finalgear itself. viper's been nice to host our server on the finalgear server. might ask Quiky to double check that we're not maxing out the server.

Well I was just running the version that was up on the LFS site as the last full release, so there were no test patches.

I'll grab the test patch when I'm next playing and have a look. Though it may be a good idea to not use test patches if you want to attract new racers. Most people will only play the full releases, only people that visit the LFS forums regularly will have/know about the test patches. Particularly demo players would be very unlikely to patch their demo version, or know that they can/should. Just a thought.

demoers can't use username then if the test patches aren't used. could always wait until official patch Z comes out, then wouldn't have to worry about it.

now that i think about it, that's probably the best thing to do right now.

Maybe S2 drivers can join also to get more cars in grid?
Only Demo racers will get points of course.

I would be very intrested to get back behind wheel and race with you guys (and who can forgot mgkdk) for pure fun :)