- Mar 21, 2006
- The banana republic of Ukania
- Honda Accord 2.2 i-Dtec Sport Estate.Hyundai Ix20
^ Be careful with the US / Imperial Gallon conversion. They are not the same measure.
- U.S. liquid gallon is legally defined as 231 cubic inches, and is equal to 3.785411784 litres (exactly) or about 0.13368 cubic feet. This is the most common definition of a gallon in the USA. The U.S. fluid ounce is defined as 1/128 of a U.S. gallon.
- U.S. dry gallon is one-eighth of a U.S. Winchester bushel of 2150.42 cubic inches, thus 268.8025 cubic inches (exactly) or 4.40488377086 litres (exactly). The U.S. dry gallon is less commonly used.
- Imperial (UK) gallon is legally defined as 4.54609 litres (~277.42 cu in), which is about 1.2 U.S. liquid gallons. This definition is used in the United Kingdom, and is based on the volume of 10 pounds of water at 62 ?F. (A U.S. liquid gallon weighs about 8.33 pounds at the same temperature.) The Imperial gallon is no longer legal, in the UK, for trade or public administration purposes, but it is used colloquially (and in advertising) for fuel consumption figures in miles per gallon.